Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Patww79 wrote: »
    I had the phone registered on LG's website so I requested a repair on there using the online form with a description of the issue. Phone is only 10 months old (website says warranty is 12months) and I attached a copy of the invoice from Amazon.it.

We shall see how it goes from there. I'll follow up other avenues (email, helplines) if I hear nothing within the week.

They can talk 12 months all they feckin like but it's 2 years within the EU whether they like it or not Apple were quietened on that issue and fix everything under 24 months now no hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

afaik its a hardware prob and so gets a no quibble replacement.

I'm considering upgrading to this from my OPO. Good idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I'm considering upgrading to this from my OPO. Good idea?

Yep thats what I did. No regrets.

I was all set to pull the trigger until I heard of the "boot loop" hardware issue. More research (Googling) needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Is anyone else still waiting for OTA Android M update?

I have also tried the two LG PC software packages but nothing coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭opus

choons wrote: »
    Is anyone else still waiting for OTA Android M update?

I have also tried the two LG PC software packages but nothing coming through.

Go the first update for M (V20a) via a LG Bridge on a PC when I was in Germany so maybe it's country related. Since then I've updated it myself to V20d using LGUP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

I caved and went with V20d and LGUP. Quite annoyed that I had to do it myself.

Last phone, Nexus 5 had M in October! Ah well . . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Tempted to upgrade from my G3 to this, from a trade in of my G3, id be paying €100 approx to get the G4 off amazon warehouse.

Worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

Hi Patww79,

My phone just randomly shut off 20 mins ago and is now stuck in a boot loop. Hard Reset did nothing. Did LG sort out your phone in the end?
    506**** serial by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭rameire

Got the boot loop this morning.
    lodged a query with LG on the support page with a copy of my invoice.
    only have the phone 11 months.
    here's hoping.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

did you get a new phone or a the original repaired through this company?

Thanks for the reply.
    I called LG on Wednesday and they told me to go to SBE so I dropped it in the same day. Must ring them tomorrow for an update. How long did it take to fix?

The_N4sir wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.
    I called LG on Wednesday and they told me to go to SBE so I dropped it in the same day. Must ring them tomorrow for an update. How long did it take to fix?

Rang lg this afternoon and they gave me a reference, so I dropped in to SBE. The girl there told me it would be Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

• Advertisement

rameire wrote: »
    Rang lg this afternoon and they gave me a reference, so I dropped in to SBE. The girl there told me it would be Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

I called SBE yesterday and it has been with the technician since Wednesday. She told me to call back on Monday. I just want it fixed..... my old HTC Desire C is a bit of a step down:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

Thinking of getting an LG G4, does it come with a normal charger or a fast type charger and how long does it take to charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

You may think this is an odd request but I'm looking for a G4 motherboard with the bootloop problem. I'm wondering if anyone here is selling their dud phone who might be selling off spare parts. Long shot but I though I'd ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭the goon

Hi guys, was about to push the button on a G4 until I read about the bootloop problem. Would I be mad to get one now knowing it has a defect? Was orignally planning on going for a Flex 2 due to price but was going to try and push the boat out for a G4!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

According to users on the reddit thread concerning the bootloop issue, even 600 series G4s are affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Hi, just got a g4... Upgraded from g3! Got it 2nd hand & really love it BUT knew nothing about this issue 
    Wasn't sure how to find the serial no. But eventually found it under the battery but it doesn't start with 50x, it starts with 604?!
    Does anyone know what this means?
    I'm crapping myself now because of this failure lol and that it's 2nd hand...
    Does anyone have any tips plse??
    Thanks in advance!

Nobody really knows. 604 indicates it's one of the latest revisions of the model so if you were to choose any revision you'd choose that one as you'd assume it doesn't have the bootloop problem. I suppose the only tip is make sure you back up your data. There are apps to back up your photos to the cloud automatically etc..

By the way, I can recover data from bootlooped G4 so if anyone needs data recovery at a reasonable price I can do it for them. Just PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 darraghsmyth

When I originally put a screen protector on my phone, it upset the calibration of the proximity sensor. Whenever I finished a call, the sensor thought I was still on it and so the screen remained off. I wasn't able to hang-up myself. Very frustrating. Similarly couldn't use phone in a darkened room.

Anyway, I got some access code which when you try to call it, opens up a hidden menu to re-calibrate the sensor and it all worked phone.

Now my phone has started doing the same again. I haven't changed anything but assume the proximity sensor needs re-calibration. However I can't find the right access code again.

I'm on the three network. Does anyone know the code that will work?

• Advertisement

Why don't you just snick a bit of the protector off...

Anyway try these:

277634#*#

*#546368#*815#

I think upgrading to MM changes the service menu code fyi

Advertisement