Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭opus

For anyone who's interested you can download the latest stock version of MM here & flash it using this yoke.

2iw3vdj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

A quick tip for anyone who listens to flacs on their LG G4 - there is a sound equaliser mode called 'pure sund'. This will give the purest sound output from the high quality on-board DAC.

Took me a while to see this but when I tried it, the sound difference was noticeable playing through hifi system. A lot cleaner with deeper bass is my best attempt at describing the difference.

jVhCuHZ.png

Edit - It says pure surround which leaves me to believe it may be processed and therefore less pure than normal mode. Perhaps I heard what I wanted to hear. I'll test it out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

choons wrote: »
    A quick tip for anyone who listens to flacs on their LG G4 - there is a sound equaliser mode called 'pure sund'. This will give the purest sound output from the high quality on-board DAC.

Took me a while to see this but when I tried it, the sound difference was noticeable playing through hifi system. A lot cleaner with deeper bass is my best attempt at describing the difference.

jVhCuHZ.png

Edit - It says pure surround which leaves me to believe it may be processed and therefore less pure than normal mode. Perhaps I heard what I wanted to hear. I'll test it out again.

Are you using a player built in the the G4 or an app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

god's toy wrote: »
    Are you using a player built in the the G4 or an app?

Built in player called ''Music''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Been using Shuttle and pretty happy with it.

Oh and for the record, 'Doze' don't work on my G4. It runs about 15 to 30% over 3 hrs doing nothing at all. on lp I was about 10% per 3hrs

Not complaining, just saying for the record.

Oh and for the record, 'Doze' don't work on my G4. It runs about 15 to 30% over 3 hrs doing nothing at all. on lp I was about 10% per 3hrs

Not complaining, just saying for the record.

Rogue app is my guess.

I think it works on mine. No increase in battery life, but I do notice occasionally notice when I turn on the screen the clock is an hour or two out, before it updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

just toss it out there i have a otter box for G4 for sale if any one wants one

Received a patch of about 33mb last night. Says it was for battery and stability. Still 6.0 however.

Received a patch of about 33mb last night. Says it was for battery and stability. Still 6.0 however.

I would love if there was a more detailed change log than this for updates. Even if there was a basic and "click here to learn more about the update"/advanced.

I would love if there was a more detailed change log than this for updates. Even if there was a basic and "click here to learn more about the update"/advanced.

For sure. Really hate generic/blanket info with no meaning.
    Google and a few of the bigger apps out there are the worst for not telling you anything, or worse still, a copy and paste of the last good info they had.... Three updates ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

What's the story on Marshmallow for the LG G4? I got that massive LG 400mb ota file the other day but still no sign of Marshmallow even though my friend who brought the 2 phones back from Hong Kong has hers! Both phones are sim free and I am on 3.

What's the story on Marshmallow for the LG G4? I got that massive LG 400mb ota file the other day but still no sign of Marshmallow even though my friend who brought the 2 phones back from Hong Kong has hers! Both phones are sim free and I am on 3.

I was the very same with no OTA but it came after a while using the LG Bridge software via my PC.

If your on PC or Mac, see here: http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000025-1438110404543-preinstall-apps

In other news, I see LG have committed to replacing devices that show the boot loop error. Turns out it was hardware after all and they only looked into it after people started banding together and shamed them into it... nothing new there for any hardware manufacture

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Patww79 wrote: »

no it doesn't. it just means that if you bought from elsewhere, your phone will be repaired to irish/uk specs and not the ones where you bought it from. This is only an issue if the phone with the spec you bought is not available in ireland/uk.

is there an LG repair centre in Ireland or do they all go to the UK?

pretty sure Irish and UK specs are the same in any event for all phones sold here/there.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

There is an LG repair centre in Dublin. I looked at getting my LG3 screen fixed there but it was too expensive.

The company that fixes them is not LG themselves but just a third party approved by LG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

There is an LG repair centre in Dublin. I looked at getting my LG3 screen fixed there but it was too expensive.

The company that fixes them is not LG themselves but just a third party approved by LG.

just checked there and it's available from loads of irish retailers (pc world, expansys, dabs, fonez,etc.) so why are you saying it's not available in Ireland?

i'd say it's pretty hard to induce a specific loose contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭opus

It's fairly easy to update it yourself assuming it's the unlocked European version, have a look here.

166ymn7.jpg

Right so my G4 died a couple nights ago. I got the dreaded bootloop issue. My retailer is sending it for repair but it'll be a couple weeks before I get it back unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Advertisement