Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

My retailer is local, but national. Think argos I guess, but Swiss. They sent it to a repair centre that happens to be authorised by LG I believe. It'll take 2-4 weeks before I get it back.

Until then, I'm on a friends 4" samsung Galaxy ace 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

It won't be that hard to send stuff back to Amazon.

Amazon will probably just send you a new one if you say you have a problem.

I had a faulty tablet, sent it back and asked for a refund and got it when they receivd the tablet back. There were no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭rameire

LG G4 android 6.0 Marshmallow just arrived OTA in the last 30 min
    950mb package.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭rameire

LG G4 android 6.0 Marshmallow just arrived OTA in the last 30 min
    950mb package.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got that last week but mine was 35mb, don't think it made any difference really. It does seem to hold on to '100% full' for a little longer but over all life is about the same... for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

god's toy wrote: »
    Got that last week but mine was 35mb, don't think it made any difference really. It does seem to hold on to '100% full' for a little longer but over all life is about the same... for me

I noticed that 100% stays so much longer than any other brands...It's like starting off with a 110%!

No sign of Marshmallow though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I am still on 5.1.
    I still don't have 6 yet.
    and mine rockets down thru game playing, I worked it out it's the hotter the device gets the faster the battery goes so I tend to let it cool down.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 47 darraghsmyth

My LG G4 (H815) has just updated to Android 6.0 (V20d-EUR-XX).

I have found the permission controls but can't find anything in settings around the Doze feature for battery optimisation.

Anyone updated to MM and can please guide me to the appropriate settings screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 darraghsmyth

Responding to my own message, the only place I found reference to Battery Optimisation is buried deep:

Settings/About Phone/Battery/Battery Usage/Ignore Optimizations

This seems to allow you to opt-out apps of "battery optimisation" but still can't find a screen for overall opt-in/out. Does it exist?

Just found out google's 'Now on tap' is missing from LG's 6.0 update.

I have it working on the nvidia shield 6.0 update within google 'now's setting is a Now on Tap section but this is missing on the G4.

Ah yes that's what it was!

Thanks. :)

Another odd problem is I only get suggested web pages under one of my two google accounts. setting the same and everything, one just gives me weather and one gives me weather and web pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

Spotted on the BA thread in case anyone is looking for one, cheapest I've seen it as well.

LG G4 price crash on Amazon ~€375

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

As a matter of interest, what is your experience of owning the LG L4?

Would the experience convince you to buy the forthcoming LG L5 if you happened to be changing this year?

Just wondering as I'm in the market for a new smartphone and I'm waiting on the new batches of smartphones to be announced at MWC next week. And the LG L5 is on the list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

biebiebie wrote: »

Would the experience convince you to buy the forthcoming LG L5 if you happened to be changing this year?

Just wondering as I'm in the market for a new smartphone and I'm waiting on the new batches of smartphones to be announced at MWC next week. And the LG L5 is on the list!

I loved the G4, camera was unreal IMO beating the 6s Plus (Apples best) the laser focus makes a serious difference IMO.

My only reasons for selling was having the speaker on the back and no fingerprint reader was a pain, when you get used to unlocking a phone with a print it's a must have. The G5 has these niggles corrected.

I'm planning on getting it for sure, unless any major bad points pop up.

• Advertisement

biebiebie wrote: »

I've mine around four months now & am very happy with it. Camera is great, it was my only one on holidays in Nov and worked well. No real complaints tbh, if it was just a tiny bit smaller it would be perfect. Thankfully lets you uninstall most of the bloatware and I've replaced the launcher with the Google one so only have LG's ugly pull down menu left of their stuff.

Tend to keep phones for 2 years+ so hopefully it will last ok, means of course I won't be considering the G5, maybe the G7 when that shows up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Curious about this phone.

Is the battery not terrible? I'm looking for a change but my Z3 compact is getting 6-7 hours of screen on time. Is the G4 anywhere close?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

quarryman wrote: »

Is the battery not terrible? I'm looking for a change but my Z3 compact is getting 6-7 hours of screen on time. Is the G4 anywhere close?

You're looking at about half the battery life in the G4 compared to z3. You do have the option of carrying around a spare battery though. I think no matter what phone you go for after the z3 you'll probably be disappointed with the battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

The only problem with the extra battery, is I have no way of charging it except in the device.

I'm thinking that removable battery wont be so important for my next device if I have a good external battery pack, which are getting very cheap.

quarryman wrote: »

Wouldn't call it terrible, it hardly drops at all overnight but remember the screen on the G4 is 2,560x1x440 vs 1,280x720 on the Z3C you might guess why it would never come close on screen on time.

I charge it to 100% at work during the morning & that holds me no problem 'til the following day but certainly wouldn't call myself a heavy user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Mine has finally fallen foul to the bootloop. Does anyone know the procedure for getting joy from LG?

I remember you said you bought it from Amazon Italy? Have you the email or details of prof of purchase?

Email LG Europe or whoever and tell them you purchased it within the EU, which you obviously have.

It's only a year or so old anyway not even two I think?

They'll have to fix or replace it for you, there's no messing that can be pulled.

• Advertisement

Advertisement