Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 darraghsmyth

learn_more wrote: »
    Why don't you just snick a bit of the protector off...

Anyway try these:

277634#*#

*#546368#*815#

I think upgrading to MM changes the service menu code fyi

When I try 277634#*# then I get "Connection problem or invalid MMI code", while the second code is an unrecognised number.

Yes, my phone has upgraded to MM since last calibrating, so maybe that's why stuff has changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

When I try 277634#*# then I get "Connection problem or invalid MMI code", while the second code is an unrecognised number.

Yes, my phone has upgraded to MM since last calibrating, so maybe that's why stuff has changed.

Well I think 277634#*# is the old Lollipop code and I've never come across that error before. I suggest google that exact error message.

What model is your handset , is it international version H815 ? If it's not then try the this code again *#546368#*815# but replace the 815 at the end of the code with your model number ie if your model is H810 then your service menu code would be *#546368#*810#

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Was consdiering getting one of these second hand on eBay, auction is ending tonight though so just wondering if you think I should go for it or not? I didn't know of any issues until I came into this thread and saw about bootloop issues in the last few pages.

Have a OnePlus One which is giving me endless issues and despite being in contact with them since Dec, its still not sorted and at the stage now where I need a new phone immediately as the OPO isn't reliable and is frankly dangerous to use.

Would appreciate any thoughts on where to get the LG G4.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

I would make sure it had a serial number beginning with 60 to ensure its a 2016 phone and not one of the earlier boot looped models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

cowlick wrote: »
    I would make sure it had a serial number beginning with 60 to ensure its a 2016 phone and not one of the earlier boot looped models.
    Patww79 wrote: »

Thank you both the first three digits of the serial number were 505, I wasn't sure what that meant so I left it.

Thanks, I figured it was something to do with May but couldn't be sure.

The hunt continues for a new phone, need to order it this weekend as I can't continue on with my current one.:(

Up to €170 - €200.

Want to get a decent phone that will last a bit of time, so second hand is probably my best option.

Current phone I've had since March of last year and since Nov its been faulty, so am hoping to get another phone that will last just as long and longer, and without issue. :o

Looking at the S5, S6 and 6 edge, all on eBay, I am open to suggestions however.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, I'll check it out. I did have a Moto G before, about two years ago, but wasn't overly impressed with it, it was a grand phone but I just wasn't overly mad about it for some reason.

Would you mind posting about that phone when you receive it? I've never heard of Honor but have heard of Huawei, only know of two people who had them, both said they were grand, but all they wanted was a phone to send/receive calls and texts, and have email access on-the-go, so a basic smartphone was what they wanted.

I really appreciate your help and suggestions, thanks so much :)

Thanks so much for that info, really appreciate it.

I found an iPhone 6 on eBay, looks good, seller is a business and has a bricks & mortar shop in Wales too. Seems legit, offers a money back guarantee if the buyer isn't happy with the purchase etc.

Have contacted them regarding warranty etc so hope to hear back soon.

I tried to PM you the link but I couldn't see an option too, it honestly looks to be an absolute steal.

I wouldn't be a big fan of iPhones, but I want a decent phone that's going to last me and if that means switching to Apple, so be it lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

My G4 just started boot looping after 3 months. Serial number starting with 511. Is SBE the only place to get this repaired or would any local repair shop do. The Amazon seller I bought the phone off has advised me that they will cover the repair cost. Out of interest, does anyone know roughly how much it costs to repair a bootlooped LG G4.

• Advertisement

Aspiring wrote: »
    My G4 just started boot looping after 3 months. Serial number starting with 511. Is SBE the only place to get this repaired or would any local repair shop do. The Amazon seller I bought the phone off has advised me that they will cover the repair cost. Out of interest, does anyone know roughly how much it costs to repair a bootlooped LG G4.

It would cost a lot because the processor is faulty which means either the processor or the whole circuit board would have to be replaced and both of those options would be highly costly. Replacing the circuit board would cost about half the cost of the phone very roughly.

It would cost a lot because the processor is faulty which means either the processor or the whole circuit board would have to be replaced and both of those options would be highly costly. Replacing the circuit board would cost about half the cost of the phone very roughly.

Speaking to LG, it seems they are the ones who will cover the cost, not the Amazon seller. I think I will be selling this repaired phone, and I doubt I'll be getting an LG phone again. The phone is great apart from the bootloop, but the customer service has been fairly bad so far.

I had a member of the LG repair team tell me that they investigated the bootloop issue and it was caused by faulty software development in Kitkat and Lollipop operating systems. This completely contradicts a statement from LG which stated that the issue was "resulting from a loose contact between components". :confused:

Speaking to LG, it seems they are the ones who will cover the cost, not the Amazon seller. I think I will be selling this repaired phone, and I doubt I'll be getting an LG phone again. The phone is great apart from the bootloop, but the customer service has been fairly bad so far.

I had a member of the LG repair team tell me that they investigated the bootloop issue and it was caused by faulty software development in Kitkat and Lollipop operating systems. This completely contradicts a statement from LG which stated that the issue was "resulting from a loose contact between components". :confused:

Ya prolly someone in PR tough it would be better to give the impression is was just an accidental software issue rather that a hardware issue which could be put down to cutting corners in the manufacturing process which wouldn't reflect good on them.

Apparently the G5, successor to the G4 is also reporting same issue, so not looking good for LG right now. Prolly best to get refund if you can and look elsewhere.

Ya prolly someone in PR tough it would be better to give the impression is was just an accidental software issue rather that a hardware issue which could be put down to cutting corners in the manufacturing process which wouldn't reflect good on them.

Apparently the G5, successor to the G4 is also reporting same issue, so not looking good for LG right now. Prolly best to get refund if you can and look elsewhere.

First thing I tried was to get a refund from either the seller or Amazon themselves, unfortunately neither worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

First thing I tried was to get a refund from either the seller or Amazon themselves, unfortunately neither worked out.

Had the same problem as you a few months ago, sent off to SBE and they sent it to an LG repair centre in the UK. They ended up sending it back unrepaired due to a small speck of water residue on the motherboard far away from the components without even asking if I would like to pay for a repair. Have to say that their customer service was very poor. If I were you I'd sell the phone when you get it repaired and look for another non-LG phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭opus

For anyone interested in moving up a full 6 months in the Android security patch stakes, you can flash the file available here using the LGUP tool. Relevant thread on XDA.

16a62o4.jpg

^^ Why would one go to the trouble of completely wiping one's phone just to update a security patch? Is it that important...genuinely don't know much about this...if you could explain..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭opus

^^ Why would one go to the trouble of completely wiping one's phone just to update a security patch? Is it that important...genuinely don't know much about this...if you could explain..

It doesn't wipe it, just updates Android. Everything else stays as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

My phone developed this over night , from what I've read even after repair it will never be the same again, will hunt for a new phone asap, won't get a Samsung as where I work I lose internet signal regularly and Samsung takes 3-5 mins just to get it back whereas the LG took miliseconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Had the same problem as you a few months ago, sent off to SBE and they sent it to an LG repair centre in the UK. They ended up sending it back unrepaired due to a small speck of water residue on the motherboard far away from the components without even asking if I would like to pay for a repair. Have to say that their customer service was very poor. If I were you I'd sell the phone when you get it repaired and look for another non-LG phone.
    I would never touch an LG again.
    Loved it but...I am not rich enough to have my phones break.

Advertisement