Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Whachooo talk about Willis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Patww79 wrote: »
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/imho-locked-bootloader-pray-phone-t3259149

Considering most of us here bought at or close to launch, and without any network carrier guarantee, this does not look good. Basically if your phone was made before September (earlier serial than 509.....) then there's a very good chance it's going to suddenly and unrecoverably die pretty soon.

People who haven't rooted will be fine as failing hardware warrents a replacement device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Would you not be covered under a European warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Of course it will be covered under the EU distant selling regulations.

• Advertisement

so for arguments sake whats everyone serial starting with here??? mine is 359 ..... so that mean im ****ed or what??? ill start making a tin oil hat then

as long as you got it within the eurozone your fine for two years.

OK so looking at the G4 box it says mine is 508 (So i'm good?)

oh dear mine has 505...better put away the foil so.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

anyone know the cheapest website to buy the LG G4 these days? Maybe some UK ones? Amazon? I saw it for around 420 on bizrusonline.ie but reviews for that sites service are very mixed indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

I got it from the ebay seller mentioned earlier in the thread but just checked & see the price has jumped from €399 to €469 since early Oct.

Marshmallow arrived via LG Bridge last week, not exactly a huge change but like the almost straight battery usage graph overnight courtesy of that Doze feature I guess.

Still no 6.0 update for me on phone or LG Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

god's toy wrote: »
    Still no 6.0 update for me on phone or LG Bridge.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

choons wrote: »
    Same

I got 6.0 by following instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/development/stock-h815-20b-images-flashables-kdz-t3257544

Basically like flashing, but very simple to do. Biggest pain is downloading the 1.6gb file.

But...Don't do it. I haven't done a factory reset yet (too busy this week) but battery life is down, auto brightness now acts differently, "now on tap" is more of a nuisance since I cant swipe up for Google Now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

anyone know the cheapest website to buy the LG G4 these days? Maybe some UK ones? Amazon? I saw it for around 420 on bizrusonline.ie but reviews for that sites service are very mixed indeed.

i got mine from this site. brand new for £275 which is about 380 euros. There is none in stock at the moment but they pop up quite frequently.

http://www.smartfonestore.com/filter-mfr-LG.aspx

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Got mine from
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/mobiles-and-tablets/mobile-phones/brands/lg/

€398 seems to be the best they have but keep an eye as their prices change based on the value of the euro.

i got mine from this site. brand new for £275 which is about 380 euros. There is none in stock at the moment but they pop up quite frequently.

http://www.smartfonestore.com/filter-mfr-LG.aspx

Got mine from here too. Note that it only came with the leather back, box was un-sealed and no earphones. Seems to be brand new though.

Bought in November and manufacture date on the box is 506.

I emailed to ask LG why Android M hadn't come to my phone yet. I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually answered with a decent response and quickly too.

Dear Choons,

Thank you for your email and for your interest in Andriod M.

I am afraid that as of yet we have no definite time table for the roll out of this update. We currently have trials running in some areas of Europe and our technicians are monitoring how well the update performs and whether it causes any issues for our customers, LG will only move to more widespread update when we are completely happy with the performance.

I hope this has helped, however, if you have any questions or require further assistance you can reply to this email by clicking the additional questions link above the survey.

I would really appreciate it if you could spare a moment to let us have your feedback, Choons. Please help us to improve our customer service by taking a few seconds to complete the short survey at the bottom of this email.

Thank you in advance and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind regards

I emailed to ask LG why Android M hadn't come to my phone yet. I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually answered with a decent response and quickly too.

It would be cool they said 'OK its not out cos we're still testing but if you wanna join the beta just say so' I mean, I get they want to make sure most people are happy but most of us here are way beyond average Joe in Android related things and would love to be part of those testers doing the 'soak test' for them.

I have no evidence that Doze is working at all.

Now on tap is far less useful than I had hoped. It's interesting, I just wish they didnt have to take away the functionality of swiping up for google now to bring Tap in.

Awesome, didn't know this! NOT is now off. I'd also have swipe up but whatever, I can handle this.

The only thing I noticed that might be doze related was last night. About 6am I wake up and check my phone, for a second it says 4am, then updates to 6am (quick circle case). I've never noticed such a lag.

Though if doze is working, it's doing a **** job as my battery life is far down IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

I was in Germany when M arrived via LG Bridge so maybe that was the reason it showed up for me :confused:

This is what I see with the overnight battery use...

1zdymtx.jpg

Must have a play with that Now on Tap feature to see what it does. Tbh Android M isn't going to change you life :)

Advertisement