Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Reggie. wrote: »
    Never use hot wash here

Tbf yous wash regularly....but for caked in grease a hot wash will lift it

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Sillycave

_blaaz wrote: »
    Tbf yous wash regularly....but for caked in grease a hot wash will lift it

Don’t have access to hot pressure washer just a cold one...that’s why I was looking for degreaser to help the cold washer (prefer not to use diesel)...thanks for reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Sillycave wrote: »
    Don’t have access to hot pressure washer just a cold one...that’s why I was looking for degreaser to help the cold washer (prefer not to use diesel)...thanks for reply

They use red nelly in work....dunno where they get it now....just comes on a pallet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Didn’t wash the tractor yet. Find it gas, lads that wash the machine every day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

davidk1394 wrote:

Ya I agree, can't help but make a funny face when I see a lad putting a pressure hose to the back end without hesitation, amounts of electrics and sensors there water had to find its way In

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Sillycave

Ya I agree, can't help but make a funny face when I see a lad putting a pressure hose to the back end without hesitation, amounts of electrics and sensors there water had to find its way In

Oh don’t worry there’s not much electrics on this one apart from the lights and it hasn’t see any water for a good few years apart from the rain...had oil leak which covered it so want to clean it down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭hopeso

Sillycave wrote: »
    Oh don’t worry there’s not much electrics on this one apart from the lights and it hasn’t see any water for a good few years apart from the rain...had oil leak which covered it so want to clean it down

Did you try the cold washer on it? It mightn’t leave it spotless, but if it’s a tractor that’s not in pristine condition, it should do a good enough job of cleaning up the mess...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Aren't they lucky they have the time to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Aren't they lucky they have the time to do it

You make time

• Registered Users Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

You make time

There would be a hundred things I would make time for but washing a tractor regularly wouldnt be one of them. Whatever floats your boat

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    There would be a hundred things I would make time for but washing a tractor regularly wouldnt be one of them. Whatever floats your boat

10mins is all it takes when done regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭maidhc

10mins is all it takes when done regularly

Less even. At the end of the day you need to wash most implements when you are done with them anyway so why not give the tractor a rub of the hose too.

A tractor that is looked after, washed and stored indoors is worth 10k+ extra too after 10 years.

For me its a pride thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭mengele

Can I ask why you are putting on dribble bars, yet keeping the moscha? Does different crops react to different types or is it for ground conditions?

You previously posted some photos of some grass you spread back to back with a splashplate and the moscha. How did they turn out?

Yes the results to this would be interesting to see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭davidk1394

maidhc wrote: »
    Less even. At the end of the day you need to wash most implements when you are done with them anyway so why not give the tractor a rub of the hose too.

A tractor that is looked after, washed and stored indoors is worth 10k+ extra too after 10 years.

For me its a pride thing.

Well if the tractor was covered in muck I’d clean it. At the moment it’s only baling and mowing so I just wiped the windows a dry cloth and use the air line to blow off any dust. Every machine is backed in at night. I clean the baler once or twice a year with a hose and brush. I don’t clean in around chains and bearings with the hose. I just use the air line

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭maidhc

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Well if the tractor was covered in muck I’d clean it. At the moment it’s only baling and mowing so I just wiped the windows a dry cloth and use the air line to blow off any dust. Every machine is backed in at night. I clean the baler once or twice a year with a hose and brush. I don’t clean in around chains and bearings with the hose. I just use the air line

That sounds like a clean well maintained setup!

I never wash the baler mind, just blow it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I powerwashed the muck spreader like I always do when I'm finished. Leave to dry, cover in black oil and put in shed for another year. I always grease the bearings when finished too. This year really noticed a lot of water coming out of them when greasing. Just goes to show how important to drive out the water with the grease. I turn the machine a few times then to work the grease around. I've been doing this now for over 30 years and the bearings only needed replacing once and that was about 5 years ago.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Panch18 wrote: »
    you do if the guy is registered - but our bale fella is probably under the threshold for registering

I'm just saying that it adds some amount to costs of getting stuff done

What is the threshold for registering for VAT? Is it €XX turnover per year? Or how is it assessed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭Base price

What is the threshold for registering for VAT? Is it €XX turnover per year? Or how is it assessed?
    Unless there is a exception for agri contractors the threshold for supplying services is €37,500 (turnover).
    Here is a link to the Revenue site explaining the thresholds and what is covered.
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/vat/vat-registration/who-should-register-for-vat/what-are-the-vat-thresholds.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Silage crops a bit uneven this year in spots, it's a new spreader and I set the veins to the fert I'm using and use a gps.
    Cant figure out why only that the veins are getting fairly worn.
    They are a bit pitted, would the spread pattern be altered due to the veins?

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭mengele

Silage crops a bit uneven this year in spots, it's a new spreader and I set the veins to the fert I'm using and use a gps.

What make spreader. What width are you spreading? Problem with spreading a big width ieg 18 meters is any bit of wind will throw it off

• Advertisement

mengele wrote: »
    What make spreader. What width are you spreading? Problem with spreading a big width ieg 18 meters is any bit of wind will throw it off

Amazone, spreading 16m. 3rd year with it

Amazone, spreading 16m. 3rd year with it

Pictures of the long veins on both discs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Can you get those trays to calibrate it? Any chance the fert was lumpy enough to block everyone often?

Mooooo wrote: »
    Can you get those trays to calibrate it? Any chance the fert was lumpy enough to block everyone often?

It was yara fert for all the first cut which is supposed to be the best of the best. Last year and the year before she has spread very even crops of silage, I doubt its blocking tbh. The fert leaves the spreader at the very bottom of the hopper and the auger in the hopper keeps the fert moving along

Are you double spreading? By that I mean are you spreading back to the middle of the tractor track from the last run. That way, any imbalance is cancelled out to some degree.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Are you double spreading? By that I mean are you spreading back to the middle of the tractor track from the last run. That way, any imbalance is cancelled out to some degree.

You dont double spread with my spreader. Your last track is 16m from current track. My old spreader you would have double spread, wagtsils you would double spread too.

You dont double spread with my spreader. Your last track is 16m from current track. My old spreader you would have double spread, wagtsils you would double spread too.

Why not? Just drive 8m apart and reduce spreading rate to half what it was.
    Check that the back arms are level aswell. I eye ball it on level concrete.

Why not? Just drive 8m apart and reduce spreading rate to half what it was.
    Check that the back arms are level aswell. I eye ball it on level concrete.

It's the way they're are designed now. Take teice as long to spread fert.
    I've never had a problem till this year. Arms are level

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Did you spread slurry as well? Might be the slurry going out unevenly and not the spreader at all?

If it was a blend of fertiliser the bigger granules might have made it out to 8m but smaller (N) granules might not have.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

Well shes half on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement