Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

hopeso wrote: »
    I'd say lime spreading must be the worst job ever... Any time I see someone spreading, my first thought is, what state is the tractor in....

It's supposed to cause issues with ad blue tractors. The talk is that the lime and urea dont get on with one another

Fine looking tractor! She doesn't seen to be idle anyway.. What's the difference between the C and H in those models?

The H has the same chassis as the C. Has a different can tho. Well played out but no suspension. The H has a 3.6l deutz engine.

The C is a hardier machine. It has a bigger cab with suspension. Runs an Iveco 4.5l engine.

Strangely the H has a rear lift of 6 ton where the C has 5.5 ton.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I'd say lime spreading must be the worst job ever... Any time I see someone spreading, my first thought is, what state is the tractor in....

Lads around here, my first thought is "what state are their lungs in"..

4jCrGaZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Fair play Reggie outfit is top class It's great to see how you've expanded the fleet over time we'll wear with all. I'd love if a local contractor had that tine harrow few fields here badly could use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Lads around here, my first thought is "what state are their lungs in"..

4jCrGaZ.jpg

Did you post that pic a good while back as well Nek?
    Looks the kinda kit that’s been on the go a long time... funny how you expect almost every tractor now to be 4 wheel drive, but I guess lime is prob the one job that you’d expect good conditions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

I think that spreader might be ground drive. Edit it's says it on the side I'm blind ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Grueller

Looks the kinda kit that’s been on the go a long time... funny how you expect almost every tractor now to be 4 wheel drive, but I guess lime is prob the one job that you’d expect good conditions...

Lime spreading around here would be hp hungry work enough travelling a good bit of ploughed ground for tillage men.

I did indeed, must be two years ago at least.
    I was coming down the road as he was spreading.
    Heading up a steepish hill, load nearly empty and yer man was standing in the spreader shovelling the last of it onto the belt....

With the ground speed PTO, it is 4 wheel drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I did indeed, must be two years ago at least.
    I was coming down the road as he was spreading.
    Heading up a steepish hill, load nearly empty and yer man was standing in the spreader shovelling the last of it onto the belt....

With the ground speed PTO, it is 4 wheel drive.

I thought land drive was the lime spreader was driven off the wheels of the spreader rather than the PTO?

But is it that the PTO drives the wheels of the spreader?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I thought land drive was the lime spreader was driven off the wheels of the spreader rather than the PTO?

Is it not the conveyor only, driven off the wheels?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭older by the day

I must spread a few loads. What roughly does it cost to spread a lorry (20ton). Loading and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I must spread a few loads. What roughly does it cost to spread a lorry (20ton). Loading and all

About 23euro a tonne round here, 22euro a tonne for a full load, lime and spreading.

On a "ground drive" set up, the PTO shaft is driven by the tractors back wheels.
    On those lime spreaders the PTO drive coming from the tractor is powering the spinners and belt on the spreader, and also driving the spreaders wheels.
    Massey's and Fiats had a ground speed PTO, not sure what other makes had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Reggie. wrote: »
    Some pics of the 6-140C so far this year

Local landini dealer over here was telling me they are now canging the profile of the tyres for some contractors on there new landinis . The tyres change is leaving them with a top speed of 62km an hour .

trixi2011 wrote: »
    Local landini dealer over here was telling me they are now canging the profile of the tyres for some contractors on there new landinis . The tyres change is leaving them with a top speed of 62km an hour .

Nah. They can reach 50k with adjustments. 60k sounds a little too far fetched and dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Do you have an agitator Reggie? Is it so much a load or so much an hr for tanking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Nah. They can reach 50k with adjustments. 60k sounds a little too far fetched and dangerous

Would of been a slightly bigger tractor than your one about 200hp deaux engine and box afaik . Would of had 50k box as standard . Didn't believe him at first but had some trailers in for a long draw .landini was keeping up with new FasTrack was impressed to say the least . Very few landinis over here very much tractor snobs in this area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Id imagine there not calibrating correctly for the new tyres?

Would of been a slightly bigger tractor than your one about 200hp deaux engine and box afaik . Would of had 50k box as standard . Didn't believe him at first but had some trailers in for a long draw .landini was keeping up with new FasTrack was impressed to say the least . Very few landinis over here very much tractor snobs in this area

Thst was a 7 series so. Next one up from mine

Muckit wrote: »
    Do you have an agitator Reggie? Is it so much a load or so much an hr for tanking?

No and not sure if I'll get one. Probably will in time tho. The tanker is per hour. Have to put dribble bars on her in the back end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭roosterman71

No and not sure if I'll get one. Probably will in time tho. The tanker is per hour. Have to put dribble bars on her in the back end

You keeping the moscha or changing?

You keeping the moscha or changing?

Moscha is staying with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭hopeso

The H has the same chassis as the C. Has a different can tho. Well played out but no suspension. The H has a 3.6l deutz engine.

The C is a hardier machine. It has a bigger cab with suspension. Runs an Iveco 4.5l engine.

Strangely the H has a rear lift of 6 ton where the C has 5.5 ton.

Almost two different tractors altogether then..... I just assumed one was a higher spec, or maybe a different gearbox. What HP does the 3.6l Deutz go up to? Seems like a small block in that size of tractor....

Almost two different tractors altogether then..... I just assumed one was a higher spec, or maybe a different gearbox. What HP does the 3.6l Deutz go up to? Seems like a small block in that size of tractor....

The C would be the higher spec one. The 6H goes to 125 I think and the C goes from 125 to 145

• Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Can I ask why you are putting on dribble bars, yet keeping the moscha? Does different crops react to different types or is it for ground conditions?

You previously posted some photos of some grass you spread back to back with a splashplate and the moscha. How did they turn out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Can I ask why you are putting on dribble bars, yet keeping the moscha? Does different crops react to different types or is it for ground conditions?

You previously posted some photos of some grass you spread back to back with a splashplate and the moscha. How did they turn out?

Don;t derogation farms have to use dribble bars after june.

Some farms are now in deragation so need the bars and some places I go to only want the moscha and not the splash plate

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Sillycave

Can anyone recommend a good degreaser? Need to clean tractor and looking for something decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Sillycave wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good degreaser? Need to clean tractor and looking for something decent

Diesel and hot wash

Terrible for envirnoment mind

• Advertisement

_blaaz wrote: »
    Diesel and hot wash

Terrible for envirnoment mind

Never use hot wash here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement