Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

So after stating that he "should be ok" before the weekend, Sturridge is now feeling "reasonably fine" according to BR.

Cheers for that Brendan.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Oh yeah that's what I meant. DGW isn't until next week so I'll maybe dump him after that.

If he gets any kind of returns over the next 2 GWs then I'll keep him in to the end. I fancy Leicester to put up a good fight and have a sneaky feeling Nugent will spearhead it. They've a nice run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

I brought in Remy last week but think I would prefer Fab for the double.
    Guaranteed 180 minutes and even if Costa is fit, Remy is not guaranteed to play.

Current team:
    Myhill Hamer
    Terry PVA Aldweireld Dawson Belerin
    Hazard Sanchez Eriksen Silva Boyd
    Aguero Kane Remy

Would it be madness to waste two transfers getting rid of Remy and bringing in Fabregas.

Thinking of the below transfers. I need to figure out best time to play them over the next two gameweeks. I have two free transfers this week but might use one to bring in Mignolet in this week for example.

- Remy to Murray/TBC
    - Silva to Fabregas
    - Hamer to Mignolet or Bellerin to Sktrel
    - Eriksen to Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

1 transfer to make which will field 12.

Boyd > Bolasie/Punch
    or
    Benteke > Murray/Nugent

The decision is to either play 5 Mid 2 strikers or 4 mid & 3 strikers.

Will be using my wildcard G34 so it's a one week punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

El festino wrote: »
    I brought in Remy last week but think I would prefer Fab for the double.
    Guaranteed 180 minutes and even if Costa is fit, Remy is not guaranteed to play.

Current team:
    Myhill Hamer
    Terry PVA Aldweireld Dawson Belerin
    Hazard Sanchez Eriksen Silva Boyd
    Aguero Kane Remy

Would it be madness to waste two transfers getting rid of Remy and bringing in Fabregas.

Thinking of the below transfers. I need to figure out best time to play them over the next two gameweeks. I have two free transfers this week but might use one to bring in Mignolet in this week for example.

- Remy to Murray/TBC
    - Silva to Fabregas
    - Hamer to Mignolet or Bellerin to Sktrel
    - Eriksen to Sterling

Why not Sanchez to Fabregas? No game this week, Chelsea next. You could buy him back for his double. Silva has great fixtures coming and even if they were crap lately City will now have to figth to secure a CL finish and Silva & Aguero are their prime attacking options.

Other than that I like Eriksen to Sterling & Hamer to Mignolet. I think you could keep and bench Bellerin so that you have him for the double (though I don't know how much he'd be guaranteed to feature twice).

Rémy is a tricky one. Several premium alternatives injured. Murray's on fire but have to admit I don't know anything about him? Who is he? Where is he coming from? Can he maintain this form? Vardy could be an option. On form, playing this week and with a double next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

tmc86 wrote: »
    1 transfer to make which will field 12.

Boyd > Bolasie/Punch
    or
    Benteke > Murray/Nugent

The decision is to either play 5 Mid 2 strikers or 4 mid & 3 strikers.

Will be using my wildcard G34 so it's a one week punt.

I think Benteke is an excellent option for the run-in, and I intend to keep him for the blank. So I'd suggest your other move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Invincible

I think Benteke is an excellent option for the run-in, and I intend to keep him for the blank. So I'd suggest your other move.

Agree with above, Benteke is back to his best which is ominous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Invincible

O'Shea to Cahill done.

I will be on holidays from saturday so will be making my double week transfers very soon after the deadline....big gamble...

Unless you're going on holidays in the jungle, you should be able to get Wi-Fi somewhere, most pubs in the country have it, any hotel either and you're sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Invincible wrote: »
    Unless you're going on holidays in the jungle, you should be able to get Wi-Fi somewhere, most pubs in the country have it, any hotel either and you're sorted.

Nah, I am deliberately putting my sim in a 15 year old nokia and avoiding been on line completely! No laptop. No tablet. No smartphone!!

Anybody still considering Baines?

I have still got Naughton injured sitting on the bench, and while my other defenders have not bad fixtures for 33, 34 and beyond (Wollsheid, PVA, Terry, Bertrand) I have plenty of cash and could use the opportunity for a decent differential.

I'm slightly worried about Everton having nothing to play for though, and conceding sloppy goals. Fixtures are pretty good apart from Man U at Goodison. Burnley (h), Man U (h), Villa (a), Sunderland (h), West ham (a), Spurs (h)

Any other decent defender options apart from Ivanovic who could do well for the rest of the run in?

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »

I have still got Naughton injured sitting on the bench, and while my other defenders have not bad fixtures for 33, 34 and beyond (Wollsheid, PVA, Terry, Bertrand) I have plenty of cash and could use the opportunity for a decent differential.

I'm slightly worried about Everton having nothing to play for though, and conceding sloppy goals. Fixtures are pretty good apart from Man U at Goodison. Burnley (h), Man U (h), Villa (a), Sunderland (h), West ham (a), Spurs (h)

Any other decent defender options apart from Ivanovic who could do well for the rest of the run in?

What about doubling up on Liverpool with one of their def? Always double or quits to double up but with the upcoming double GW and their CS form in 2015 it could be closer to double than quits ;).

iroced wrote: »
    What about doubling up on Liverpool with one of their def? Always double or quits to double up but with the upcoming double GW and their CS form in 2015 it could be closer to double than quits ;).

But I'd have to sell Sturridge!! :eek::P

You could be onto something though, as their attacking assets are not exactly firing in the goals. Only scoring two against that abject Newcastle side last night was criminal!

One attacker and two defs for the DGW will be given some thought. Baines vs Burnley this week is tempting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I bought him last week! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Why not Sanchez to Fabregas? No game this week, Chelsea next. You could buy him back for his double. Silva has great fixtures coming and even if they were crap lately City will now have to figth to secure a CL finish and Silva & Aguero are their prime attacking options.

Other than that I like Eriksen to Sterling & Hamer to Mignolet. I think you could keep and bench Bellerin so that you have him for the double (though I don't know how much he'd be guaranteed to feature twice).

Rémy is a tricky one. Several premium alternatives injured. Murray's on fire but have to admit I don't know anything about him? Who is he? Where is he coming from? Can he maintain this form? Vardy could be an option. On form, playing this week and with a double next week.

Thanks..

I have considered that and was looking to keep him with a view to the Arsenal DGW but yes it would make sense also if my finances allow it.

As been stated elsewhere, I get the feeling that Chelsea won't score many so preference would be for Fabregas or even Ivanovic over Remy - so need to work out my transfers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Gomis and Cazorla out for Vardy and Fabregas for -4, before their prices change tonight.
    If Only I'd got Vardy in for Costa last week I'd have saved myself the 4 pt hit this week and earned an extra 7 last week... :o 12 players for GW 33

An almost obscene 5.3m in the bank, I think I'll keep most of it to upgrade Vardy after his double.

Baines vs Burnley this week is tempting though.
    Baines?

G1032 wrote: »
    I bought him last week! :-)

Can't believe you did G1032 :eek::p:pac:.

Baines?

Can't believe you did G1032 :eek::p:pac:.

Ya. Why not. Season all but over anyway and he's a punt to say the least! Time to have a bit of craic (within reason of course)!
    Sure Baines impending 15 points haul this weekend will propel me into the top 30,000! The sky it's the limit from there !! :)

Ya. Why not. Season all but over anyway and he's a punt to say the least! Time to have a bit of craic (within reason of course)!
    Sure Baines impending 15 points haul this weekend will propel me into the top 30,000! The sky it's the limit from there !! :)

Ok, I'm looking for a differential but didn't want end up running with the crazies! :eek: I still have a bit to play for here!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm finding it so hard to part with benteke ........tempted to bank and monitor vardy for another week . really wanted a palace player and Silva this week but with that DGW transfers are precious as I have no pool players

km79 wrote: »
    I'm finding it so hard to part with benteke ........

Don't. I'm not. He's the only one that brought me some FF joy since GW25 so he'll stay in my team.

• Advertisement

Don't. I'm not. He's the only one that brought me some FF joy since GW25 so he'll stay in my team.

that's the funny thing
    few weeks back I said fk it and started gambling. really enjoyed it and then his hat trick and last week seen major rises for me so I've gone a little sensible again :D
    I'd MUCH prefer to sell Kane but he has Newcastle away !!! I'm selling him for sure the week after so it will be musical chairs up front if I sell benteke!
    I'll either bank or sell eriksen or Boyd for bolasie I think ........but then I'd have to sell my other success Mata for henderson next week......aaaagggghhhh my head hurts !
    one lesson I've learnt last few weeks though is not to look too far ahead.........I've had my eye on Murray for ages so I'm very very tempted to say fk it and sell Kane for him

"I've made up my mind I'm keeping Benteke " to the time of I'm keeping my baby :D

km79 wrote: »
    that's the funny thing
    few weeks back I said fk it and started gambling. really enjoyed it and then his hat trick and last week seen major rises for me so I've gone a little sensible again :D
    I'd MUCH prefer to sell Kane but he has Newcastle away !!! I'm selling him for sure the week after so it will be musical chairs up front if I sell benteke!
    I'll either bank or sell eriksen or Boyd for bolasie I think ........but then I'd have to sell my other success Mata for henderson next week......aaaagggghhhh my head hurts !
    one lesson I've learnt last few weeks though is not to look too far ahead.........I've had my eye on Murray for ages so I'm very very tempted to say fk it and sell Kane for him

I currently have about 4 different sets of transfers planned out for the next 3 or 4 weeks. I think I'm gonna have to resort to writing the various plans down on paper. :)

I currently have about 4 different sets of transfers planned out for the next 3 or 4 weeks. I think I'm gonna have to resort to writing the various plans down on paper. :)

I've done just the one for this week after all that !
    Boyd to cambiaso !!!!
    I'm logging out till the weekend now
    hoping aguero captain makes everything else irrelevant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Invincible wrote: »
    Agree with above, Benteke is back to his best which is ominous.

I have my wildcard to get him back in next week, as you say he's a great option for the run-in.

So i've an option for a one week striker or mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Have 2 FT's & taking a hit to make 11 for next game week. Playing wildcard following week so basically transferring 3 in for one week punt. Any ideas on best options?
    Getting rid of Sanchez, Giroud & PVA so money shouildnt be an issue.
    Thinking of Baines at home to Burnley. But then who for midfield & up front? Palace cover maybe as they're on form.
    Already have Aguero & Kane, Haz, Siggy, Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Thinking Ozil ----> Fabregas and Eriksen (before he drops) ----> Bolasie.

The latter being a 2 week punt. I still don't see anything at Leicester than tickles my fancy. Will act on Sturridge before the DGW, would hate to transfer him now and him to be fine for this weekend and beyond

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Think I'll be getting in Vardy for Austin, 3 games vs 1 is worth it I feel! They're in good attacking form and Swans are susceptible on the counter, which is Vardy's specialty.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just doing Vardy for Austin now

Already did Ozil to fabregas during the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Rikand wrote: »
    Just doing Vardy for Austin now

Already did Ozil to fabregas during the week

Do you already have Haz? I have Terry as well so full-deck of CFC before DGW. Interesting to see what happens regarding Remy

Advertisement