Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Do you already have Haz? I have Terry as well so full-deck of CFC before DGW. Interesting to see what happens regarding Remy

yep, already have Haz. Getting Terry in for PvA - Just deciding whether to do it this week for a -4 or next week for a -4, lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Baines?

Can't believe you did G1032 :eek::p:pac:.

From FFS Watchlist article.....

Leighton Baines moves up to third in our rankings, having led all defenders for chances created (nine) over the last four Gameweeks.

C'mon iroced, you know it makes sense... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    So after stating that he "should be ok" before the weekend, Sturridge is now feeling "reasonably fine" according to BR.

Cheers for that Brendan.... :mad:

I don't think Sturridge has any injury to be honest. He's just not fit, lacking sharpness and is therefore bang out of form.

Rodgers is taking the easy way out saying he has a knock so he's not getting vilified for not selecting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Invincible

Naughton looks like dropping tonight for anyone that's short on funds and wants him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Fab in for Sanchez. 2 FT's for DGW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Leighton Baines moves up to third in our rankings, having led all defenders for chances created (nine) over the last four Gameweeks.

Ah don't start to tempt me you now :P!

I think I may follow sheroman this week so that I have 11 for this GW in a 3-5-2 and I get a DGW player in preparation for next week.
    sheroman01 wrote: »
    Fab in for Sanchez. 2 FT's for DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It doesn't really make sense, he's not guaranteed on penalties, and Everton aren't exactly rock solid, does he even take the corners now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It doesn't really make sense, he's not guaranteed on penalties, and Everton aren't exactly rock solid, does he even take the corners now?

I'd say he is? Mirallas went against team instructions when he took and missed that infamous penalty in GW22
    Mirallas game time for last 8 games has been
    17, 6, 61, 8, 0, 0, 0, 5 minutes.
    Unless there is another penalty taker I don't know about I'd say Baines is nailed on to take one. He bloody well better still be taking them! :)

Everton also have 2 clean sheets in last 4 and Baines is picking up bonus again

G1032 wrote: »
    I'd say he is? Mirallas went against team instructions when he took and missed that infamous penalty in GW22
    Mirallas game time for last 8 games has been
    17, 6, 61, 8, 0, 0, 0, 5 minutes.
    Unless there is another penalty taker I don't know about I'd say Baines is nailed on to take one. He bloody well better still be taking them! :)

Everton also have 2 clean sheets in last 4 and Baines is picking up bonus again

Lukaku took a couple in Europe but Baines was injured or rested both times. I don't know why he would not be on penalties.

Everton have 4 clean sheets in the last 7, Baines picking up bonus points for 2 of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lukaku took a couple in Europe but Baines was injured or rested both times. I don't know why he would not be on penalties.

Everton have 4 clean sheets in the last 7, Baines picking up bonus points for 2 of those.

gameweek 29 vs Newcastle
    both lukaku and baines were on the pitch
    lukaku took and scored the penalty which is the last one they got

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

doubled up on Chelsea defensively with a -4 hit

Haidara & PVA out Terry & Cahill in

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    gameweek 29 vs Newcastle

Ya, I thought Lukaku was on them after Baines missed a few earlier in the season. One in prem and one in European I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »
    Ya, I thought Lukaku was on them after Baines missed a few earlier in the season. One in prem and one in European I think.

i only remember cos I heard Everton got a pen and then had a rueful laugh when o heard baines still did not take it!
    held him for way too long over Xmas waiting for a penalty!
    they have a great chance of a clean sheet this weekend but I would not be blowing 7ml on him unless I had a WC for next week

Went Austin & Sanchez to Nugent & Cambiasso.

11 players (hopefully) for GW33 and 5 DGW'ers at present.

Myhill
    Terry, Clyne, Berty
    Cambiasso, Hazard, Silva, Boyd
    Nugent, Aguero (c), Kane

Countinho on the bench for DGW with the 4 above.

8.1m itb, will prob take a -4 for 2 DGW'ers. Will wait until this week is over to decide but Boyd & Kane to Sterling & Remy might be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I did Ozil & Eriksen
    > Bolasie & Fabregas

Leaves me with 11 this week and 4 DGW players. All I will need is a -4 to bump that to six. I have Haz, Terry, Fab & Sturridge. Will probably get Skrtel and then either schlupp, Vardy, Henderson or Sterling. Will decide closer to the time. Hopefully Sturridge makes it through sunday unscathed and a goal under his belt!

Davis / Myhill

--- Rose -- Terry -- Alder

Fab -- Hazard -- Silva -- Bolasie -- Cork

Aguero -- Kane

Bellerin, Bruce, Sturridge

I have acted early this week but I 've had enough of Eriksen / Ozil and was damned if I was sustaining any drops from them. Had 2 free transfers as well. Overall in good shape, as my main money rivals have only 1 /2 DGW players and will need hits to get others in. Hopefully I should bridge the 25/30 point deficit over the next few weeks

...., as my main money rivals have only 1 /2 DGW players and will need hits to get others in. Hopefully I should bridge the 25/30 point deficit over the next few weeks

I'm in a very similar position, need to make up 29 & 38 points on 1st & 2nd...
    The guy in second may struggle to field 7 this week but he's ok for DGW.
    The leader is fine for this week but only has 2 DGW'ers at present.

Neither have Aguero either. The guy in second has made his bed without him and fingers crossed that the leader will try to bring in a DGWer or two instead. It's looking like he'll be a differential until the end of the season.

So, I'll probably be out of the running after GW 34 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Made the move last night for Giroud and Sanchez out Vardy and Fab in.

Will mean i only need one transfer the following week to bring Sterling in and i'll have 3 chelsea player (haz, fab, terry), 2 Liverpool (Hendo and Sterling) and 1 Leicester (Vardy) for the DGW.

I'll look at bringing Giroud and Ozil in then the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

gameweek 29 vs Newcastle

Oops

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

1FT and loads of money itb.
    Currently only 10 players for GW33 (zero options in bench):

Myhill (Guzan)
    Terry | Alderweireld | Rose (Bellerin) (PVA)
    Hazard | Sigurdsson | Silva | Eriksen (Cazorla)
    Kane | Remy | (Benteke)

Leading pay league with 90pts difference… 2nd place will surely captain Aguero!
    My original plan was Vardy for Benteke to field 11 this GW and having another DGW player for GW34.
    But now seriously considering bringing back Aguero to prevent hypothetical hecatomb…

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

bezuaua wrote: »
    1FT and loads of money itb.
    Currently only 10 players for GW33 (zero options in bench):

Myhill (Guzan)
    Terry | Alderweireld | Rose (Bellerin) (PVA)
    Hazard | Sigurdsson | Silva | Eriksen (Cazorla)
    Kane | Remy | (Benteke)

Leading pay league with 90pts difference… 2nd place will surely captain Aguero!
    My original plan was Vardy for Benteke to field 11 this GW and having another DGW player for GW34.
    But now seriously considering bringing back Aguero to prevent hypothetical hecatomb…

Opinions?

Fabregas plus Aguero, solid moves and will cover any possible disaster if Aguero scores big.
    Its time for you to engage block mode and wait for the €€€€ to roll in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

dahat wrote: »
    Fabregas plus Aguero, solid moves and will cover any possible disaster if Aguero scores big.
    Its time for you to engage block mode and wait for the €€€€ to roll in!!

Perhaps Aguero for Benteke is the wise move!
    Fabregas would require Cazorla out (to field 11) and Remy out (-4) for Aguero.

Still undecided...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

bezuaua wrote: »
    Perhaps Aguero for Benteke is the wise move!
    Fabregas would require Cazorla out (to field 11) and Remy out (-4) for Aguero.

Still undecided...

Missed Remy on first look. I would get Aguero in for sure, seems a pointless risk going without him.

gameweek 29 vs Newcastle

Noted with thanks. End of that plan, only about 16 plans left to eliminate....

Anyone suggest a decent cheap defender who has a game this weekend? I'm looking for someone as cheap as possible. Already have a Leicester defender so somebody other than that. 5.2 to spend but want to use as little as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Palace have 2 favourable games coming up. Joel Ward at 4.7. Likes to get forward and plays 90 minutes every time. Could be worth a dart, though possibly too pricey for you :)

Lemlin wrote: »
    Anyone suggest a decent cheap defender who has a game this weekend? I'm looking for someone as cheap as possible. Already have a Leicester defender so somebody other than that. 5.2 to spend but want to use as little as possible.

Stones @ 5.2? Home to Burnley
    Or else Dann or Ward (home to WBA)

Stones @ 5.2? Home to Burnley
    Or else Dann or Ward (home to WBA)

Is Stones a nailed starter for the rest of the season?

Regarding Lemlins query, options quite limited, I've been defender shopping myself (for somebody with a game this weekend, and I've pretty much unlimited budget) and have similar defence to you currently. Stones is interesting maybe, or I could go for Schlupp as I don't have Leicester and Swansea now without Gomis and have the DGW.

Others I considered...

Alder for a Soton double up but with 4 of their last 6 away and most of their clean sheets at home (12h vs 3a if I recall) not ideal.

Palace are scoring loads but not great for clean sheets, only 1 since GW 20.

West Brom gone to hell clean sheet wise and awful fixtures.

Swansea maybe, Rangel as 4.9 should be safe enough especially with Taylor out for a couple, although I'd not be certain how nailed he is longer term.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Duff 3.9 is back in favour for burnley

Duff 3.9 is back in favour for burnley

He'd do so. 2 points is all I want. DOn't think the player will play again.

• Advertisement

Is Stones a nailed starter for the rest of the season?

Think so, he's only not played 90 mins in one of the last 12 gameweeks (3-0 home v NEW - Alcaraz played instead). He missed a sizeable portion of the earlier part of the season, but looks nailed on since January 10th.

Advertisement