Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

MR NINE wrote: »
    What are people doing with sturridge? I brought him in for the newcastle game thinking liverpool would win comfortably and then i was gonna bench him this week and keep him for the double. I now have no idea what kind of game time hes gonna get in gw34 or whether hes worth keeping. It seems a waste to transfer him out now, unless people think he'll only scrape a few minutes?

Started off with the exact same plan as you.

I'm gonna hold for now. If I transfer him out now and want to get a another Liverpool DGWer in instead it will end up costing me and at least one extra transfer somewhere along the line, maybe two as it'd be a mid I'd need to get in. I think if he comes back and even plays 120-150 mins in GW34 I may as well keep him. I'll be waiting till Rodgers press conf next week, if he's ruled of of the first game of the DGW I'll have to bite the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'll have a look at my team again tomorrow but I think I field a risky 10 with Ameobi.

Naughton needs the chop and maybe Phillips although I'd rather be rid of Ameobi I'd say. Matty P has been my best player for the last month which says everything about where I've found myself :pac:

I'll mastermind my recovery this season yet, ye just wait and see. Pelle and Coleman being key players :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Was Clyne inj or dropped by Southampton last GW?...and does it look like Amoebi is a busted flush at Newcastle for this wk?.....struggling to field 11 for this wk so might transfer out Amoebi.

Thanks for any replies.

Rested according to Koeman. He said he wants Clyne to sign a new contract before the end of the season and Clyne wants CL so I could see more "rests" for him.
    What are people doing with sturridge? I brought him in for the newcastle game thinking liverpool would win comfortably and then i was gonna bench him this week and keep him for the double. I now have no idea what kind of game time hes gonna get in gw34 or whether hes worth keeping. It seems a waste to transfer him out now, unless people think he'll only scrape a few minutes?

Rage transferred him out on Monday night. Can't see him getting enough minutes in the DGW to be worth the cost and Liverpool spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Rested according to Koeman. He said he wants Clyne to sign a new contract before the end of the season and Clyne wants CL so I could see more "rests" for him.

Rage transferred him out on Monday night. Can't see him getting enough minutes in the DGW to be worth the cost and Liverpool spot

Hes definitely not worth the cost, and ill be transferring him out very quickly once gw34 is over, but i just cant see the sense in using a transfer to ditch a striker of a big team in a dgw. Unless he gets ruled out of the games. i really regret bringing him in, it wasnt part of my plan at all until i convinced myself liverpool were gonna hammer newcastle.

FHFC wrote: »
    Started off with the exact same plan as you.

I'm gonna hold for now. If I transfer him out now and want to get a another Liverpool DGWer in instead it will end up costing me and at least one extra transfer somewhere along the line, maybe two as it'd be a mid I'd need to get in. I think if he comes back and even plays 120-150 mins in GW34 I may as well keep him. I'll be waiting till Rodgers press conf next week, if he's ruled of of the first game of the DGW I'll have to bite the bullet.

Exactly, its gonna be a 4 or 8 point hit if i ditch him. And even if he plays just one game he could well outscore vardy or whoever else i bring in. Ill most likely keep him, i just have no idea what kind of game time to expect from him. I cant see any way he has two 60+ minute performances, and the worst case could be pretty bad in terms of game time. Supposedly he wont be fit this weekend, not sure if thats good or bad news though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Take a -4 to field a full squad?

Is there any news on Remy?

Fab

Dawson - Clyne - Terry -
    Hazard - Silva - Cambiasso - Eriksen
    Benteke - Kane - Aguero

Bench

Ozil, PVA, Bruce.

I think my only viable options is to temp switch Beteke for Remy, I'm not sure it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Arbitrary wrote: »
    Take a -4 to field a full squad?

Is there any news on Remy?

Fab

Dawson - Clyne - Terry -
    Hazard - Silva - Cambiasso - Eriksen
    Benteke - Kane - Aguero

Bench

Ozil, PVA, Bruce.

I think my only viable options is to temp switch Beteke for Remy, I'm not sure it's worth it.

I would move Fab to the midfield position, such a waste to have him as a keeper:D

I aready have Remy so not going to transfer him out.
    I doubt I would transfer him in, though. He is stil doubtful and I don't see any news on his injury.

I would wait for more news if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just to say, with Michael Carrick and Daley Blind out, Fabregas just became a little more attractive to bring in a week early.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭GBXI

I sold him just now for Aguero. I tried to be smart thinking Liverpool would hammer Newcastle and he'd start, but alas it was a complete waste. And to top it off, I sold Benteke to bring him in!!

I'll bring him back in for the double game week if he plays well in the FA Cup game and stays fit, but that's unlikely. You win some, you lose some!

GBXI wrote: »
    I sold him just now for Aguero. I tried to be smart thinking Liverpool would hammer Newcastle and he'd start, but alas it was a complete waste. And to top it off, I sold Benteke to bring him in!!

I'll bring him back in for the double game week if he plays well in the FA Cup game and stays fit, but that's unlikely. You win some, you lose some!

I also sold benteke to bring him in. I really wish i hadnt, hes tying up so much money but i just cant justify axing him before a double. Ive never been this stumped before, i have no idea what to do, having considered many different options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I also sold benteke to bring him in. I really wish i hadnt, hes tying up so much money but i just cant justify axing him before a double. Ive never been this stumped before, i have no idea what to do, having considered many different options.

I'd say keep him but don't captain him. Keep next week's transfer until the Liverpool press conference. If he's not 100%, transfer for a hit.

I'd say keep him but don't captain him. Keep next week's transfer until the Liverpool press conference. If he's not 100%, transfer for a hit.

I definitely wont captain him, even if he was fully fit id be going captain hazard. I just keep getting this urge to bring in murray for two gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Naughton
    > Schlupp is done.

I'm thinking Sanchez
    > Cesc and Sinclair
    > Zaha for an 8 point hit?

I'd leave Zaha alone, but their fixtures are good, and I was planning on getting coverage in this week even if they hadn't hammered Sunderland.

Toying with a big gambly wildcard for the run in.

Currently thinking about

Schmeichel (Ospina)
    Dann Schlupp Ivanovic (Skrtel, Bellerin)
    Hazard Bolaise Silva Cambiaso (Sterling)
    Aguero Kane Murray

That's 3 each from Leicester & Crystal Palace :eek:
    (means I'd need to dump Silva & Skrtel to bring in Sanchez + AN.Other for 37/38)

As usual the Mourinho updates are a mindfck for Fantasy Managers...
    @MiguelDelaney
    Mourinho says Remy has better than "50/50" chance of playing, but "doesn't know". Costa may be fit for Arsenal.

@ChelseaFC
    He says he doesn't know if Loic Remy will be fit to play but he has a chance. #CFC
    Jose says Diego Costa's recovery is going well and he will start training with the rest of the squad next week. #CFC

If you have Remy looks like get rid time with a good chance he'll be out this weekend and an increasing chance of significant Costa involvement in the DGW.

If like most you have Hazard and a Chelsea def do you commit now to Fab as the third or do you wait and see if Costa looks like playing in both the DGW games?

Meanwhile Rodgers is givin Studge "every chance" to make the cup game, so its clearly touch and go, I nearly hope he doesn't make it as it would increase his chances of featuring in both DGW matches, hopefully starting at least one. I fear the he'll risk him in the cup as they want to win it, and he'll be rested for one of the league games.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-striker-daniel-sturridge-9062716

As a Sturridge owner and considering my option for third Chelsea player this is one of the most head wrecking gameweeks in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

As usual the Mourinho updates are a mindfck for Fantasy Managers...

If you have Remy looks like get rid time with a good chance he'll be out this weekend and an increasing chance of significant Costa involvement in the DGW.

If like most you have Hazard and a Chelsea def do you commit now to Fab as the third or do you wait and see if Costa looks like playing in both the DGW games?

Meanwhile Rodgers is givin Studge "every chance" to make the cup game, so its clearly touch and go, I nearly hope he doesn't make it as it would increase his chances of featuring in both DGW matches, hopefully starting at least one. I fear the he'll risk him in the cup as they want to win it, and he'll be rested for one of the league games.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-striker-daniel-sturridge-9062716

As a Sturridge owner and considering my option for third Chelsea player this is one of the most head wrecking gameweeks in a long time!

I'm going to keep Remy this week and see what happens.

Don't expect too much of him now tbh.

I'll be very interested to see how Mourinho approaches the match tomorrow. If he puts Cesc at #9 and goes for it with Carrick and Blind out, I may have to reassess my Terrivanovic plan for the DGW

I definitely wont captain him, even if he was fully fit id be going captain hazard. I just keep getting this urge to bring in murray for two gameweeks.

We seem to have very similar conundrums.

I'm very keen to get Bolasie, and then probably Fab as my third Chelsea. With Remy & Costa both looking very risky options the last thing I want to do is have to change Sturridge to another striker (Vardy being the only DGW option really, and I'd not be keeping him) and trying to fit an extra Liverpool mid.

If I was going for Leicester attacking cover (and I'm not that keen on their defence) I'd prefer Cambiasso (2 goals, 1 assist and 5 bonus in last 6 games) who could then sit on as my cheap 5th mid for the rest of the season not requiring a transfer to get him out. Thats what puts me off Vardy / Nugent - I can't see anybody keeping these two beyond the DGW with Aguero, Giroud, Benteke, Kane and possibly Costa competing for forward berths for the run in. And I am too transfer poor to go Studge-Vardy-somebody else over the next three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

As always Mourinho’s press conferences are extremely elucidative… Remy may still be out & Costa is on the horizon…

I must get Aguero back in!
    Original plan was using my single FT and switching with Benteke to field 11 this GW.

Now I’m strongly considering a -4 hit: Remy/Cazorla OUT & Aguero/Fabregas IN

Myhill
    Terry | Alderweireld | Rose
    Hazard | Fabregas | Silva | Siggy | Eriksen
    Aguero | Kane

No bench: Guzan, Bellerin, PVA, Benteke

If I was going for Leicester attacking cover (and I'm not that keen on their defence) I'd prefer Cambiasso (2 goals, 1 assist and 5 bonus in last 6 games) who could then sit on as my cheap 5th mid for the rest of the season not requiring a transfer to get him out. Thats what puts me off Vardy / Nugent - I can't see anybody keeping these two beyond the DGW with Aguero, Giroud, Benteke, Kane and possibly Costa competing for forward berths for the run in. And I am too transfer poor to go Studge-Vardy-somebody else over the next three weeks.

I'm planning on 3-5-2 and either go treble Arsenal midfield DGW37 or drop Aguero for Giroud. Vardy is a massive upgrade on Cork in case anyone gets dropped unexpectedly as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm going to take in a defender for the suspended Taylor. That will give me 11 playing. I was thinking of Ivanovich but I already have Terry.

Anyone else doubling up on Chelsea defenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Getting Remy in last week was a poor move by me. I really should have held that move till this week to see what the news on costa was. I had austin to play last week and there was no rush with that move. I think i'll just hold Remy and see what happens between now and next Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Getting Remy in last week was a poor move by me. I really should have held that move till this week to see what the news on costa was. I had austin to play last week and there was no rush with that move. I think i'll just hold Remy and see what happens between now and next Fri.

I'm holding Remy as you and wonski have also said. Mourinho's 50/50 usually means that he'll play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ditto. I'd much rather have Cesc, or even Ivan to go with Terry and Haz. But I think I'll also hold, and bank my transfer this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

2 FT and 1.2m in the bank, not sure what to do lads, any advice?:)
    Should I just make the one transfer and keep 2 for the DGW? Im happy enough to keep sterling, sanchez and austin going forward.

Davis
    ivanovic cresswell (bellerin,hutton,PVA)
    hazard walters eriksen (sterling,sanchez)
    aguero kane (Austin)
    myhil

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

I have the conundrum with Remy. Brought him in last week and dont think I will keep him for next week. Will prob hold ths week.

Finally narrowing down my options for next week but need to make a transfer this week:

Which do you think would be better players for GW34

Mignolet and Fabregas,

or

Ivanovic and Moreno,

I'm planning on 3-5-2 and either go treble Arsenal midfield DGW37 or drop Aguero for Giroud. Vardy is a massive upgrade on Cork in case anyone gets dropped unexpectedly as well.

I think its very very risky to go without either Aguero or Giroud from GW36 on. I'd also want to have Benteke probably for some of the final games.

Can't spare a forwards slot but Cambiasso with DGW is a huge upgrade on Cork too!

Yeah, doubts about Costa being back for DGW were why I went for Sturridge, and others Gomis. And we are way better off!!! :rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Used my 2 FT to bring Schlupp and Fabregas in for Kompany and Cazorla. Pity I didn't get one more week out of Kompany, he's been a disaster but they have a decent chance of a cleanie. Cazorla overstayed his welcome but he did well for me and a replacement never really jumped out at me until now.

Have 12 for this week (with Ameobi who may be doubtful). Plan is to take a 4 point hit next week to bring sterling and vardy/nugent in for Ameobi and Berahino which will give me 6 DGWs. In decent nick at the moment hoping to push on towards the top 1k (awaits a disastrous run in now a la last year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

2 FT and 1.2m in the bank, not sure what to do lads, any advice?:)
    Should I just make the one transfer and keep 2 for the DGW? Im happy enough to keep sterling, sanchez and austin going forward.

Davis
    ivanovic cresswell (bellerin,hutton,PVA)
    hazard walters eriksen (sterling,sanchez)
    aguero kane (Austin)
    myhil

You can only field 8 so why not get in another starter at least? Personally I'd be getting using both transfers this week to get in Chelsea or Leicester players.Obvious choices would be Schlupp for one of your non playing defenders, fabregas for Sanchez or Vardy for Austin.

This means you get an extra players to start this week and they will have 2 games instead of 1 next week.

• Advertisement

I think its very very risky to go without either Aguero or Giroud from GW36 on. I'd also want to have Benteke probably for some of the final games.

Risky not having Giroud for DGW37+GW38 yes, but I wouldn't worry too much being Aguero-less for swa+SOT.

Advertisement