Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭spindex

Is it madness bringing in Yoshida for Hutton ? I notice clyne didn't play at the weekend, was there a reason for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

spindex wrote: »
    Is it madness bringing in Yoshida for Hutton ? I notice clyne didn't play at the weekend, was there a reason for this ?

Koeman came out before the match and said it was a pre-arranged rest for Clyne since he's played a lot of matches. I'm not totally convinced it won't happen again due to the contract situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I need to get my head testing.
    I need one transfer to get 11 playing this week. And am thinking of O'Shea to Leicester defender. Dunno why, but my brain keeps saying 'do it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Is it worth a -8 to bring in 2 this week? Had banked 2 free and used them. It would be a keeper and defender. Not sure would get the points back looking at the games that are on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Antibac wrote: »
    Is it worth a -8 to bring in 2 this week? Had banked 2 free and used them. It would be a keeper and defender. Not sure would get the points back looking at the games that are on.

Not for a one off game IMO but if the players you bring in also have a double the following week then yes. You're effectively swapping a player with 1 game in the next 2 weeks to one with 3 games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think I'm gonna ride out and just play without a keeper this week and go:

Hutton -> Ivanovic
    Rooney -> Murray

Will then bring in one of the Liverpool players next gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I am becoming more and more inclined towards a 2 week (at least) punt on Bolasie. Great next two fixture, team scoring for fun, big awkward mental ba$tard who loves running at defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I'll be doing Bellerin to Ward and I have a second FT.

I was going to go without a goalie but Panti kind of needs to be sold. Could bring in Schmeichel but Leicester don't exactly have a mean defense.

Bringing in a goalie would leave me with Couthino, Sanchez and Benteke not playing this week.

Seeing my 5th mid, Albrighton, get 90 minutes at the weekend is a nine bonus. I'll presume he'll start the next match too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Invincible

FHFC wrote: »
    I am becoming more and more inclined towards a 2 week (at least) punt on Bolasie. Great next two fixture, team scoring for fun, big awkward mental ba$tard who loves running at defenders.

Was tempted to bring Bolasie in for Boyd last night before price rise, but Young was in mind too, but instead went Sanchez to Fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Pretty much decided my two possible transfers for this week, depending on whether Remy plays or not. One of my rivals has 5 playing next week as it stands.

We're in a pretty similar boat - my rival also has 5 players missing for GW33. I'm torn between trying to capitalise on this by strengthening my team for the GW, or holding the transfer (I only have one, unfortunately) for the DGW. I can already field XI, but one of those starters is Boyd whom I'm tempted to transfer out for Bolasie. But like you, any transfer is dependent on the likelihood of Remy playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Sanchez/Austin/Zouma out Schlupp/Vardy/Fabregas in for -4
    Next week Eriksen/Amoebi out Sterling/Coutinho in for -4
    Will have 7 for the DGW at a cost of -8 and can field 11 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Making transfers doesn't seem to be helping me, so this week I'm going to try not making any transfers and see how that goes! Can't work out any worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

pulled the trigger on :

PVA ----> Schlupp
    Sanchez ----> Fab

I had two free's

I have 10 playing , but i think its a very weak ten which includes, only Kane up top and Zouma at the back.

Any thoughts on possibly taking a hit to get rid of Zouma or Benteke to improve this gameweek ?

Is Zouma done for the rest fo the season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

menoscemo wrote: »
    Not for a one off game IMO but if the players you bring in also have a double the following week then yes. You're effectively swapping a player with 1 game in the next 2 weeks to one with 3 games.

Agree with this and I have to rid myself of PVA to field 11 this week but struggling to see a decent option that has a double the following week, already have Schlupp. At the moment I am edging towards a Palace defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

If I transfer Austin out for Murray/Vardy I'll have a starting XI without taking a hit.

Myhill
    Terry, Schlupp, Bertrand
    Hazard, Silva, Eriksen, Boyd
    Kane (VC), Aguero (C), Murray/Vardy

Leaning towards Vardy as he has the DGW looming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Does anyone rate Ospina for the DGW and beyond?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

AdMMM wrote: »
    Does anyone rate Ospina for the DGW and beyond?

His DGW isn't till GW37

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

ugh i dont know what to do, i had planned this almost to perfection and then sakho got injured, so now im looking at taking a -8 which i never wanted to do. i might just leave next week to the dogs and come out swinging the following with 6 players from chelsea and liverpool. god sometimes this game is a right pain in the hoop

miller82 wrote: »
    pulled the trigger on :

PVA ----> Schlupp
    Sanchez ----> Fab

I had two free's

I have 10 playing , but i think its a very weak ten which includes, only Kane up top and Zouma at the back.

Any thoughts on possibly taking a hit to get rid of Zouma or Benteke to improve this gameweek ?

Is Zouma done for the rest fo the season ?

treated myself to a third one....
    zouma
    > Dann ( two nice home fixtures coming up)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Think I might just play with 9 this week and have 2 transfers for the double!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Can't decide between going for Ivan or Fabregas as my third Chelsea player to go alongside Terry and Hazard. Feel like it's a huge decision and if i pick the wrong one, it could make or break me at this stage.

Can't decide between going for Ivan or Fabregas as my third Chelsea player to go alongside Terry and Hazard. Feel like it's a huge decision and if i pick the wrong one, it could make or break me at this stage.

i would have thought Fab was a safer option

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ozil ----> Bolasie I reckon. Will leave me with 11 and no hits. Will also only need -4 to get Chelsea & LFC X 3 for DGW.... Seem to be better fixed than some of my rivals

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Think I might just play with 9 this week and have 2 transfers for the double!
    Might as well bring in the Chelsea players this week

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looking at a -8 for the dgw but I'm wondering is GW33 a week to swallow a -4 for a dgw player given the likelihood of folk only having 8/9 players.

Cork to Ibe if he plays well tonight is what I'm considering, with a solid 3-5-2 I think I could swallow the hit better this week

There seems to be an enormous amount of faith being given to Liverpool around here for the DGW. Neither of West Brom or Hull away are going to be easy games.
    Liverpool haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders over the last 5 games. Sturridge has already cost me dearly this season so I'd be very reluctant to invest in him again.

So, cue a big Liverpool win tonight with a Sturridge hat trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

it doesnt really matter, they have 2 games so its worth the gamble against ANY player with one game.

it doesnt really matter, they have 2 games so its worth the gamble against ANY player with one game.

It's the amount of hits people are taking for Liverpool players and the fact that they'll have to be gotten rid of again.................? There just seems to be no caution being taken by people and it's all the eggs in the Liverpool basket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

G1032 wrote:
    It's the amount of hits people are taking for Liverpool players and the fact that they'll have to be gotten rid of again.................? There just seems to be no caution being taken by people and it's all the eggs in the Liverpool basket.

I think the performances of Benteke, Austin and Phillips in the last dgw have scared a lot of people (myself included) into going all out for the next dgw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

G1032 wrote: »
    There seems to be an enormous amount of faith being given to Liverpool around here for the DGW. Neither of West Brom or Hull away are going to be easy games.
    Liverpool haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders over the last 5 games. Sturridge has already cost me dearly this season so I'd be very reluctant to invest in him again.

So, cue a big Liverpool win tonight with a Sturridge hat trick!

I Dunno. I like the sound of both of those fixtures and I couldn't mot take a chance on them. It will probably merit a hit when it comes to it but no solid plans yet.

Advertisement