Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Elections. The Constituency of Tipperary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Xenophile wrote: »
    Nobody guessing yet which way the Independents will vote next Thursday !

When you're answering your own questions in a chat forum.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

digzy wrote: »
    When you're answering your own questions in a chat forum.......:rolleyes:

Maybe you might have a guess !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Maybe you might have a guess !

Daddy Healy Rae used to take a bit of guidance from Lowry on big picture stuff.
    The boys do same?
    Lowry could easily support idea for rural Minister.
    Behind closed doors could Mattie make it a block of four votes for national issues.
    Putting own areas and the country first!
    Could they get other rural indos on board.
    Depends how gene pool FF Mattie still is.
    Doubt Healy will be seen to be associated with and not as surefooted when things hit the fan.

macjohn wrote: »
    Daddy Healy Rae used to take a bit of guidance from Lowry on big picture stuff.
    The boys do same?
    Lowry could easily support idea for rural Minister.
    Behind closed doors could Mattie make it a block of four votes for national issues.
    Putting own areas and the country first!
    Could they get other rural indos on board.
    Depends how gene pool FF Mattie still is.
    Doubt Healy will be seen to be associated with and not as surefooted when things hit the fan.

I think that Lowry will vote for Kenny, as Kenny never tried to put him down during the election.

McGrath and Healy will keep their powder dry and see which way the cat the will jump. They will abstain.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

McGrath and Healy will keep their powder dry and see which way the cat the will jump. They will abstain.

Healy voted for Gerry Adams and
    RBB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

I hear Michael Smith is running for the Senate for Fianna Fail. That'll be interesting if he gets it because things got very dirty and bitter between himself and Cahill and if they are both in the Oireachteas then come the next election my bet is one of them will be an independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

macjohn wrote: »
    Healy voted for Gerry Adams and
    RBB

jaysis

callaway92 wrote: »
    jaysis

Ya Gerry and Mary Lou had a similar response it brought a grin/smirk.

Funding for CCTV on Motorway exits not enough to cover scheme

Earlier this year, 55 thousand euro was announced for the cameras to be placed at exits to the M7 and M8 motorways at Birdhill, Burgess and Littleton, as part of efforts to combat rural crime.
    However, senior council officials have revealed that the money will not be enough to set up the cameras at all three locations.
    Thurles-Templemore Independent Councillor Micheál Lowry says it's very worrying that there's not enough money to roll out the scheme.
    Kelly's Fable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Earlier this year, 55 thousand euro was announced for the cameras to be placed at exits to the M7 and M8 motorways at Birdhill, Burgess and Littleton, as part of efforts to combat rural crime.
    However, senior council officials have revealed that the money will not be enough to set up the cameras at all three locations.
    Thurles-Templemore Independent Councillor Micheál Lowry says it's very worrying that there's not enough money to roll out the scheme.
    Kelly's Fable
    Lesson learnt for Lowry, pay your taxes if you want stuff done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭flutered

Kelly's Fable
    the liebout party say they are inclined to say such things at election time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭flutered

Hard to get your way on everything , he was not Minister For Health.
    qadmittedly he was not, put he canvassed on keeping it open, the same with roscommon

Mattie has already started his campaign for the next General Election.

He phoned in and went on air yesterday on "Saturday with Claire Byrne"

Must hand it to him he is a fair trier.

Michael Lowry has committed to voting for Kenny in the next vote, that will do him no harm, even though he will not need them he will probably pick up some FG number two's in the election, at the expense of other FG candidates.

Tipperary must be the most interesting constituency in the country !

Lesson learnt for Lowry, pay your taxes if you want stuff done.

Huh? Fair enough you are anti Lowry (the article you quoted was actually quoting Independent Councillor Micheál Lowry ) but that post still doesn't make sense.

Surely it implies that the project to put up the cameras was either
    (i) not properly costed day 1 (highly possible - ie a pre election promise where there wasn't the time for a proper costing and the gov of the day needed to announce) or

(ii)the installation contractors have came up against an issue that was unforeseen and falls outside the remit of the contract so will need more money to complete.

Its definitely not some kind of a "lesson learnt" for Lowry.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

9704ef.jpg

I see these are still up around Clonmel. I didn't think they were allowed to keep them up so long.

Posters (including the plastic cable ties) must be removed within 7 days of polling day. These requirements for election posters are set out under section 19 of the Litter Pollution Act 1997 and the Electoral (Amendment) (No. 2) Act 2009. - See more at: http://www.environ.ie/environment/waste/litter/election-posters#sthash.CxvVl1V4.dpuf

I have been led to understand that some of Alan Kelly's election posters were removed without authorisation during the election campaign.

These posters are now beginning to reappear on poles and some instances in villages where Alan Kelly's election team never visited. The matter is currently under investigation by the Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I have been led to understand that some of Alan Kelly's election posters were removed without authorisation during the election campaign.

These posters are now beginning to reappear on poles and some instances in villages where Alan Kelly's election team never visited. The matter is currently under investigation by the Gardaí.

I know for a fact that these ones have been left up since the election .

Hopefully the County Council will issue fines for littering for these, and all other election posters that remain in place.
    As a matter of information, the candidates had every pole in the County completely covered in posters within about 12 hours of the Election being called and yet 4 weeks after the election they haven't had the courtesy to take down their rubbish.

Ah he wont have much to be doing now..He can go out and take them down himself..:D

Vizzy wrote: »
    I know for a fact that these ones have been left up since the election .

Hopefully the County Council will issue fines for littering for these,

Not likely that the County Council will issue fines against their current boss for a matter that's under investigation by the Gardaí.

• Advertisement

Ah he wont have much to be doing now..He can go out and take them down himself..:D

If you are so concerned with litter I suggest you go and take them down yourselves. At present Alan Kelly's main priority is to tackle the homelessness crisis. I refer you to his comprehensive statement that he made in the Dail on Tuesday !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Not likely that the County Council will issue fines against their current boss for a matter that's under investigation by the Gardaí.

Fairly pathetic that he's wasting Garda time about Election posters in my opinion

F34 wrote: »
    Fairly pathetic that he's wasting Garda time about Election posters in my opinion

That's a decision that the Gardaí can make for themselves. There has always been interference with election posters and this messing will have to stop. It would be great if prosecutions arose out of this matter, so as that anarchists would have to think twice before breaking the law in future !

That's a decision that the Gardaí can make for themselves. There has always been interference with election posters and this messing will have to stop. It would be great if prosecutions arose out of this matter, so as that anarchists would have to think twice before breaking the law in future !

Jaysis

Jaysis

Is that all you have to say ?

Is that all you have to say ?

If I was to say what I really think about your post I would most likely be banned. I'm sure you are well aware of the shortages of Gardai across all stations considering how aware Mr.Kelly is about the homeless crisis I'm surprised that a couple of election posters going missing or what ever really don't warrant Garda time to investigate

If I was to say what I really think about your post I would most likely be banned. I'm sure you are well aware of the shortages of Gardai across all stations considering how aware Mr.Kelly is about the homeless crisis I'm surprised that a couple of election posters going missing or what ever really don't warrant Garda time to investigate

Well if you have some devious people trying to create trouble for you, it would be foolish to let the matter go without comment especially when you are the Minister responsible for the legislation in respect of election posters !

Well if you have some devious people trying to create trouble for you, it would be foolish to let the matter go without comment especially when you are the Minister responsible for the legislation in respect of election posters !

If this is on his priority list it says a lot about him to be honest and none of it is positive. To be very honest and blunt Xenophile you've managed to lower my estimation of Mr.Kelly by what I find quite ridiculous posts about election posters that really don't amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things.

If this is on his priority list it says a lot about him to be honest and none of it is positive. To be very honest and blunt Xenophile you've managed to lower my estimation of Mr.Kelly by what I find quite ridiculous posts about election posters that really don't amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things.

Not a priority just a distraction !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Isn't it strange that Mr Kelly seems to have "everyone against him".

First there was a bomb threat.
    Then wasn't there some other verbal threats during the election campaign.

Now you have "persons unknown" taking down election posters, storing them and then re-erecting them to "discredit" Mr Kelly.

Is there any other politician being subjected to this level of abuse ?

As for the Council issuing litter fines for the posters, I would hope it would not come to this as Mr Kelly is the Minister for the ENVIRONMENT, or is taking down his election litter beneath him and his team ?
    Here's a suggestion, why wouldn't Seamus Martin take them down ?

Advertisement