Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Elections. The Constituency of Tipperary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

Xenophile wrote: »
    As they say, you are bull******ng, Kelly, and I know this on good authority, never took his re-election for granted. Kelly knew that there was a lot of intelligent voters in Clonmel and he worked the town months in advance. This got him over the line !

Indeed it was very clear that he was worried about his seat for the last six month. As a result he went on overdrive working tirelessly for his constituency and over the six months he personally secured thousands of jobs for the people of Tipperary. In one single effort he solved the unemployment crisis in Tipperary. The only problem was all these jobs were predicated on HIS personal relationship with the companies involved. He kept the names and details to himself and would only reveal the details IF we first voted him back in.

Well we've done our bit. There could be an election soon so please pay for this election first. Time to pay Alan. Here's the bill.

1000 jobs from an unnamed multinational in Clonmel plus a new school
    500 jobs from an unnamed multinational in Roscrea plus a new school
    500 jobs from an unnamed multinational in Nenagh
    400 jobs from a €650m hydroelectric powerstation in the village of Silvermines
    300 jobs from an unnamed multinational in Carrick on Suir plus a new school
    300 jobs from a pharmaceutical company and a New Fire Station in Cashel
    200 jobs from an unnamed multinational in Cahir plus a new school
    200 jobs from an unnamed multinational in Templemore plus a new school.

Ammm no. We won't take a cheque.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

touts wrote: »
    Indeed it was very clear that he was worried about his seat for the last six month. As a result he went on overdrive working tirelessly for his constituency and over the six months he personally secured thousands of jobs for the people of Tipperary. In one single effort he solved the unemployment crisis in Tipperary. The only problem was all these jobs were predicated on HIS personal relationship with the companies involved. He kept the names and details to himself and would only reveal the details IF we first voted him back in.

Well we've done our bit. There could be an election soon so please pay for this election first. Time to pay Alan. Here's the bill.

1000 jobs from an unnamed multinational in Clonmel plus a new school
    500 jobs from an unnamed multinational in Roscrea plus a new school
    500 jobs from an unnamed multinational in Nenagh
    400 jobs from a €650m hydroelectric powerstation in the village of Silvermines
    300 jobs from an unnamed multinational in Carrick on Suir plus a new school
    300 jobs from a pharmaceutical company and a New Fire Station in Cashel
    200 jobs from an unnamed multinational in Cahir plus a new school
    200 jobs from an unnamed multinational in Templemore plus a new school.

Ammm no. We won't take a cheque.....

Quite right, please put your bank details here and an electronic transfer of funds will be arranged immediately !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Wonder how this would have all played out had the old constituency's been held on to in Tipp,would AK have held his seat?

tipptom wrote: »
    Wonder how this would have all played out had the old constituency's been held on to in Tipp,would AK have held his seat?

For a start Hayes would have held his seat in a great farming area. Even though he deserved to lose it !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Nothing wrong with this one, keep it going for the sake of the record.

Said in jest!!!!!!

• Advertisement

The major parties need to concentrate heavily on developing their organisations in Tipperary.

Could it be that they considered Tipperary a waste of time due to presence of Lowry, Healy and McGrath.

The major parties can definitely be accused of not attracting or developing young talent and much of this can be put down to a lack of interest or foresight.

In fairness to Kelly, detested as he is, he has done enough to get elected, now he needs to concentrate on attracting new supporters. He should also find ways of involving his supporters more in the political process.quote]

Agree with on the point of major parties needing to develop younger talent...While I am not a supporter,I would think Siobhan Ambrose could do better..

Siobhan Ambrose could do better..

I predicted that Siobhan Ambrose would do better than expected, and she did !

Quite right, please put your bank details here and an electronic transfer of funds will be arranged immediately !

Please include your, your partners and each of your childrens PPS Numbers, as failure to do so will render your application void.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

For what it's worth, I voted Fitzgibbon and I'm in south Tipp. Lowry and McGrath were put down near the end. I can't stand those sorts of politicians, especially Lowry. All the politicians that were on the ballot have done nothing for me anyway.

This what I love about Irish elections.

"Cant stand the parish pump politics of "xx" (in this case Lowry/McGrath"
    but
    "the ones on the ballot did nothing for ME" !!

Somebody out there (the tax payer) provided, via various government parties, for example your school but that was for everyone not just for you!

For what is worth - despite all your comments you did actually vote for both Lowry and McGrath!!! If you that anti a candidate then dont give them a preference.
    Thats the fun of PR/STV in MSC

So can we say a senior member of the Kelly campaign team was more than happy to admit they in effect bought votes with wild promises he never planned to fulfill or should we just say sources close to Minister Kelly :-)

• Advertisement

I predicted that Siobhan Ambrose would do better than expected, and she did !

It will be interesting to see what she does now. With Cahill elected in the North Smith's political career is effectively at an end but Ambrose is still Fianna Fail's only real hope of taking the seat back off Mattie in the South.

The above quote is attributed to Chakra Blue, when in fact the original post was mine. How can this be done that another posters name be substituted for the original poster !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

The above quote is attributed to Chakra Blue, when in fact the original post was mine. How can this be done that another posters name be substituted for the original poster !

I think this is one for the attorney general.....
    Honest to Christ is this all that you have to bother you...

Maybe it's because your post has an incomplete quote at the start and that is throwing everything off. I wouldn't worry about it. There's no grand conspiracy here to get you so you can focus your attention on ousting Joan and installing Alan as the name on the parliamentary party people carrier taxi booking.

Not much point in putting a complaint here when you get a moderator giving you the opposite of support. Thankfully the moderator does not moderate this forum !

I wonder what way the Tipperary Independents will vote next Thursday ?

Alan Kelly not planning on ousting Burton

Labour's Deputy Leader Alan Kelly says now is not the time for a heave against Joan Burton.

The Portroe based TD was one of just 7 Labour representatives elected to the 32nd Dail - down from 37 last time out.

While the party has secured speaking rights following due to Willie Penrose taking one of the last seats in Longford Westmeath, Labour is facing a spell on the opposition benches.

Speaking on Tipp Today Deputy Kelly was adamant that Labour would not be part of any new coalition

I feel that Lowry will vote for Kenny !

Varadkar said on RTE Radio yesterday that FG had secured the backing of The Labour Party in the vote for Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Expunge

Yes, in next Thursday's vote which will more than likely be inconclusive. After that, the Magnificent Seven are under no obligation to support Kenny or indeed Martin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Expunge

Alan Kelly may spend months yet as caretaker Minister for the Environment. Now is the time to get your Parish Pumps upgraded. He'll have power and resources with none of the responsibility.

This is our time Tipperary!

Never mind those coffin chasing gimp independents and that elderly farmer from FF, Kelly can put them all to shame by spreading the largesse of the state around our beautiful county!
    C'mon Alan - do the right thing! Clear out the 2016 Dept. Of Environment budget in 2 months and spend it here.

Have a word with him, Xen, will ya?

Expunge wrote: »
    Alan Kelly may spend months yet as caretaker Minister for the Environment. Now is the time to get your Parish Pumps upgraded. He'll have power and resources with none of the responsibility.

This is our time Tipperary!

Never mind those coffin chasing gimp independents and that elderly farmer from FF, Kelly can put them all to shame by spreading the largesse of the state around our beautiful county!
    C'mon Alan - do the right thing! Clear out the 2016 Dept. Of Environment budget in 2 months and spend it here.

Have a word with him, Xen, will ya?

I agree that Alan Kelly should spend as much as he can while caretaker Minister which in my opinion will go on for at least 2 months.

No doubt about it Tipperary has been overlooked, especially South Tipperary.

Closure of Kickham Barracks.

Closure of Psychiatric Unit in Clonmel.

N24 Badly in need of upgrade.

Neglect of Clonmel Bus and Rail Station, not even a toilet here, it serves Limerick to Waterford and Kilkenny to Cork along with other routes.

etc. etc. etc.

This was not Kelly's patch then and the Independents were powerless and still will be after the next Government is formed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

This was not Kelly's patch then and the Independents were powerless and still will be after the next Government is formed.

Alan Kelly campaigned the last election to keep Nenagh A&E open, when he did get elected it closed.

Alan Kelly campaigned the last election to keep Nenagh A&E open, when he did get elected it closed.

Hard to get your way on everything , he was not Minister For Health.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I have to be honest, i don't particularly like the man as an individual, but as a politician there are few i'd rather have to fight Tipp's corner- He's ruthless, and sometimes that's what you need.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I have to be honest, i don't particularly like the man as an individual, but as a politician there are few i'd rather have to fight Tipp's corner- He's ruthless, and sometimes that's what you need.

That's one of the main reasons that I gave him my number 1. He's young, dedicated, not a shirker and not afraid of taking and sticking by tough decisions. Mattie Mc and Seamus Healy are too much focused on pandering to populist causes with no thought for the bigger picture. They really are just glorified County Councillors. Tom Hayes is all things to all people and then paddles his own canoe. Not what is needed for the Country. The others were either one trick ponies, party poodles or had too much baggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Alan is ruthless towards Alan's political career trajectory, he would sell Tipperary down the river if it meant Alan got another step up the ladder.

Its all about Alan.

He would probably admit that himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

So you admit he was as powerless as the Independents and still will be especially as he won't be in government anymore.

He really can't have any claim to represent a Labour party he wouldn't just sell Tipperary down the tubes he'd sell the country down the tubes. Made mistakes he said , Irish water wasn't one of them he said go way outta that.

Nobody guessing yet which way the Independents will vote next Thursday !

• Advertisement

Made mistakes he said , Irish water wasn't one of them he said go way outta that.

Mistakes about Irish Water can be found in Phil Hogan's septic tank !

Advertisement