Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Elections. The Constituency of Tipperary

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

All these TD's are the same,all cut from the same cloth..I bet you anything,that Leo fella will cut my pension..He is a dangerous bit of stuff..

Well if he does he'll be the first Minister to do so in a long time. Even during the recession core social welfare rates were left untouched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Well if he does he'll be the first Minister to do so in a long time. Even during the recession core social welfare rates were left untouched.

It's the one thing people governments here get backlash over. Can't be seen to hurt the poor and vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭flutered

All these TD's are the same,all cut from the same cloth..I bet you anything,that Leo fella will cut my pension..He is a dangerous bit of stuff..
    you could put the farm on it, the big but is will they be there come october

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭flutered

It's the one thing people governments here get backlash over. Can't be seen to hurt the poor and vulnerable.

16 cuts pensioners got, the dying had their medical cards taken, the disabled had their money cut also, never mind been beaten, raped and starved, that witch butron will hopefully get the scour wit5h the white bubble on top of it, then die roaring for what she done, all the time saying i did not touch the basic, she cut every f n thing else, then added money on most of the necessary things, my script costs 25 monthly, plus a tenner for the blood test, she will go down in history a bigger cnut than maggie, there will be dancing and bonfires while she tries making excuses to lucifer

Even if a lot of them are neither poor nor vulnerable.

• Advertisement

Leo will want to leave his mark..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

I see Jackie Cahill didn't get the Agriculture Spokesman job with Fianna Fail. In fact he didn't get any frontbench job at all. The poor cows will be hearing some foul language in the milking parlor this morning.

flutered wrote: »
    16 cuts pensioners got, the dying had their medical cards taken, the disabled had their money cut also, never mind been beaten, raped and starved, that witch butron will hopefully get the scour wit5h the white bubble on top of it, then die roaring for what she done, all the time saying i did not touch the basic, she cut every f n thing else, then added money on most of the necessary things, my script costs 25 monthly, plus a tenner for the blood test, she will go down in history a bigger cnut than maggie, there will be dancing and bonfires while she tries making excuses to lucifer

Anybody?

Anybody?

You?

Brendan Howlin is the new Labour leader http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0520/789771-labour-leadership/

"Mr Kelly, who failed to get a seconder to enable him to stand for the party leadership, was not present and did not attend the Labour parliamentary party meeting earlier"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

toys out of pram?

jem wrote: »
    toys out of pram?

If by "toys" you mean Alan and by "pram" you mean party then I'd say yes.......

touts wrote: »
    If by "toys" you mean Alan and by "pram" you mean party then I'd say yes.......

Thats where his power hungry arrogance got him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

Will we have 4 independents as TD's for Tipp?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Another kick in the hole for Kelly,good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Xenophile wrote: »

You are either delusional or well paid to post this stuff to keep Kelly in the forefront of social media. Clearly nobody is listening to your spin.

No way would Alan Kelly have been picked to lead the Labour Party by the members. He barely got chosen as a TD in Tipperary and if his own County have him well down on the list, the rest of the country don't rate him.

The Labour 7 6 don't rate him either and it was very poor form to be absent from the parliamentary party meeting earlier in the day - shows he has very poor judgment and not capable of acting in a mature way.

He's only 40, he needs to go away quietly and learn his craft and come back, if he wants to, with a more mature and considered outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Its actually disgraceful the way he behaved yesterday.

Labour would do well to kick this spoilt brat out of the party.

They will lose their speakers rights but they will come out of it better because this fella will only do more damage to the party if his own personal ambition is not satisfied.
    It is not as if he will be a TD in Tipp in the next election anyway,he only scraped in as a minister buying votes with his power and I reckon he lost Labour at least 3 seats with his antics and his stupid ego driven interviews in the last GE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

tipptom wrote: »
    Its actually disgraceful the way he behaved yesterday.

Labour would do well to kick this spoilt brat out of the party.

They will lose their speakers rights but they will come out of it better because this fella will only do more damage to the party if his own personal ambition is not satisfied.
    It is not as if he will be a TD in Tipp in the next election anyway,he only scraped in as a minister buying votes with his power and I reckon he lost Labour at least 3 seats with his antics and his stupid ego driven interviews in the last GE

He tweeted a pic of a bust of pints accompanied with a pot shot his colleagues and the message home is where the heart is...absolutely pathetic carry on.

He tweeted a pic of a bust of pints accompanied with a pot shot his colleagues and the message home is where the heart is...absolutely pathetic carry on.
    Seen something about that,a photo of seven pints filled at different level and captioned "the seven stages of leadership",WTF.

• Advertisement

It seems that we have come to the end of the road here on General Election 2016. Unless of course there is another GE before the end of year.

Thanks to everyone who made a contribution.

We have had over 11 hundred replies with almost 59 thousand views.

I would say that this has been the most active Boards.ie constituency thread in the country.

Thanks again............:) :):)

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Let us know whats Alan going to do,there is going to be a blow up in the next six months because for alan "this will not stand".

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

It seems that we have come to the end of the road here on General Election 2016. Unless of course there is another GE before the end of year.

Thanks to everyone who made a contribution.

We have had over 11 hundred replies with almost 59 thousand views.

I would say that this has been the most active Boards.ie constituency thread in the country.

Thanks again............:) :):)

I know you started the thread but IMHO it comes across as a little ............. ....
    ......... maybe ... condescending to thank people like you have just done on public forum of equal contributors.

That said it was mainly a good thread with neutrals and passionate supporters of different candidates contributing.

Will Mattie get the job of Leas-Ceann Comhairle?

The Dáil has failed to elected a Leas-Cheann Comhairle after none of the four nominees secured a majority of votes.

The nomination and election process for Leas-Cheann Comhairle started at 11am and continued for around two hours.

Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport Shane Ross said he was supporting Mattie McGrath and added it was important to have an Independent in the position.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0602/792713-leas-ceann-comhairle/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Vizzy

The Dáil has failed to elected a Leas-Cheann Comhairle after none of the four nominees secured a majority of votes.

The nomination and election process for Leas-Cheann Comhairle started at 11am and continued for around two hours.

Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport Shane Ross said he was supporting Mattie McGrath and added it was important to have an Independent in the position.

I think that it is disgraceful that the Dail don't recognise his university qualification,the fact that he is a regular mass goer, and most particularly, his dancing medals.
    All crucial for the role of Leas Ceann Comhairle.

Not a chance. He would use the position for self promotion and everyone in the Dail knows it. That said I suspect Mattie himself doesn't want the job and knows he won't get it but he hadn't been in the papers for a few days so he threw in his application for this job. Plus when he doesn't get it he can moan and complain that the powers that be in Dublin didn't want an ordinary tipp man in a position of influence, its the latest snub to the people of Tipperary, no minister, no junior minister, no senator, no leas cc, etc etc etc moan moan moan. If he got the job he would actually be disappointed.

I agree Mattie is not academic and I could not see him dedicating the next few months to studying the standing orders when he could be attending.......................?

It goes to show the stupidity of Shane Ross recommending him for the position.

I agree Mattie is not academic and I could not see him dedicating the next few months to studying the standing orders when he could be attending.......................?

It goes to show the stupidity of Shane Ross recommending him for the position.

I think the whole government has a bit of Ballymagash about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Vizzy wrote: »
    I think that it is disgraceful that the Dail don't recognise his university qualification,the fact that he is a regular mass goer, and most particularly, his dancing medals.
    All crucial for the role of Leas Ceann Comhairle.

Dance me to the end of love.

Don't underestimate the power of dance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEVow6kr5nI

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    Dance me to the end of love.

Don't underestimate the power of dance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEVow6kr5nI

Great bit of light relief at the (almost) end of Election 2016. Thank you ! Very well done ! We needed it !

Advertisement