Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer Mile 2015, June 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

I did this three years ago and it measured short on my Garmin!

...and it never took place 3 years ago. That was just you getting drunk and running around in circles on a Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Training commenced yesterday with a training session in the stadium (thanks to the stadium manager for the access). The one thing I forget was the small drag in the home straight. Didn't notice it last year! Maybe it's not there but it feels it.

Roll on the big day!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The Officer

...and it never took place 3 years ago. That was just you getting drunk and running around in circles on a Sunday afternoon.

A yellow feather in your cap for spotting that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

I did this three years ago and it measured short on my Garmin!

You did the OAP version of the race. Only 1200 metres and you had Pimm's instead of beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I'm pleased to confirm my planned participation at the 2015 Boards Beer Mile. The Leixlip IMC has been moved to the afternoon so it doesn't clash with this prized event (or maybe it has something to do with Ireland v Scotland). In addition they are not putting on a 400m to my disappointment. I may still run the 100 and 200 but rest assured this will not impact on my plans to try defend my "top sprinter" title.

Training to begin after the NI Champs on 6 June.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Getting in loads of LSD's for this event. I consider it my base building phase. How is everyone else's training coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

menoscemo wrote: »
    Getting in loads of LSD's for this event. I consider it my base building phase. How is everyone else's training coming along?

LSD's?

Do they count as PED's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

wasn't entirely sure what dropping acid tabs had to do with a beer mile but figured you may have been talking about a long slow drink instead :D

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I'm pleased to confirm my planned participation at the 2015 Boards Beer Mile. The Leixlip IMC has been moved to the afternoon so it doesn't clash with this prized event (or maybe it has something to do with Ireland v Scotland). In addition they are not putting on a 400m to my disappointment. I may still run the 100 and 200 but rest assured this will not impact on my plans to try defend my "top sprinter" title.

Training to begin after the NI Champs on 6 June.

Don't say I don't look after you and the other track pussies. Gave the imc a bell and told them to kop on. Looking forward to staying ahead of all of you on the track ;) last time I stepped foot on a track was for beer mile last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

June 13th is going to be sweet. Run a 1500m PB, win the Beer Mile and then get hammered. This will be one to tell the grand kids :)

Sticking to sage advice of hard days hard, easy days easy, I might try my first session after the 1500 in the AAI Games tomorrow. Probably 2 X Brooklyn Lager with 30s recovery. Set a baseline to improve on over the next few weeks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

June 13th is going to be sweet. Run a 1500m PB, win the Beer Mile and then get hammered. This will be one to tell the grand kids :)

Sticking to sage advice of hard days hard, easy days easy, I might try my first session after the 1500 in the AAI Games tomorrow. Probably 2 X Brooklyn Lager with 30s recovery. Set a baseline to improve on over the next few weeks ;)

Most of us will be hammered after 4 beers on the track or for those who have an extra lap and 5 beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

Most of us will be hammered after 4 beers on the track or for those who have an extra lap and 5 beers.

I'm taking the 5 lap approach to this

eldiva wrote: »
    I'm taking the 5 lap approach to this

The penalty is a 5th lap but there is no requirement for a 5th beer.

Oh I'm well aware of that. I've plotted out my tactics. Just need to start training

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

How's your training coming along Mr Turd ?

kit3 wrote: »
    How's your training coming along Mr Turd ?

I can't give complete details but I've taken inspiration from a rocky IV training montage. I've gone all rustic and am drinking and running in the hills.

I can't give complete details but I've taken inspiration from a rocky IV training montage. I've gone all rustic and am drinking and running in the hills.

You're right to keep the training under wraps - lot of people out for a scalp this year I reckon - so basically gone back to your youth I take it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Juicing up like Ivan Drago?

Will there be random drug testing there ??

Will there be random drug testing there ??

it'd be unfair as Some fecker could spike his/her competitors beer like Carl Lewis did to Ben Johnston back in 1988 :p

• Advertisement

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Juicing up like Ivan Drago?

well I'm competing with a shower of dopes so I may as well dope up myself!

I'll get my coat

well I'm competing with a shower of dopes so I may as well dope up myself!

I'll get my coat

Your training had better be good - you're setting yourself up nicely to be a major target :pac::pac::pac:

it'd be unfair as Some fecker could spike his/her competitors beer like Carl Lewis did to Ben Johnston back in 1988 :p

I'm more thinking of testing to make sure there is alcohol in the system :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

I'm more thinking of testing to make sure there is alcohol in the system :cool:

THIS!

Why I never trust the ones videoed by the spouse/friend with no one else around. Sure they could be half empty and even then contain water...........

Your training had better be good - you're setting yourself up nicely to be a major target :pac::pac::pac:

to be honest, even if it wasn't very good I'd still be confident of beating most of this shower ;)

Who are the actual favourites for this?

If you're asking TRR I suspect he may just have one favourite ............ Terrible to see someone so lacking in confidence .....

If you're asking TRR I suspect he may just have one favourite ............ Terrible to see someone so lacking in confidence .....

No just asking in general

eldiva wrote: »
    No just asking in general

Don't have the full field yet. But last years top 3 are back. Thirstywork will be odds on favourite if he can put 4 back to back sub 3 second bottle gulps. Generally we are piss poor at necking the bottles and just about better than piss poor at the running side of things compared to the guys are really good at this!

I can tell you this though, if ecoli (RIP) turns up he won't win. He is without doubt the worst beer miler ever to grace boards. Well, actually meno had that title until he slightly redeemed himself last year.

No ladies have signed up for definite as of yet! They probably have more sense :)

• Advertisement

Don't have the full field yet. But last years top 3 are back. Thirstywork will be odds on favourite if he can put 4 back to back sub 3 second bottle gulps. Generally we are piss poor at necking the bottles and just about better than piss poor at the running side of things compared to the guys are really good at this!

I can tell you this though, if ecoli (RIP) turns up he won't win. He is without doubt the worst beer miler ever to grace boards. Well, actually meno had that title until he slightly redeemed himself last year.

No ladies have signed up for definite as of yet! They probably have more sense :)

Hey feck off!! Even in the first year I finished ahead of ecoli!!

Advertisement