Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer Mile 2015, June 13th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭DocQismyJesus

Have witnessed a chocolate milk mile and it isn't pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Are you allowed smoke whilst jogging?

What's the average pace? Surely a stout would be the best option, not as carbonated so no mouth puke

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Blast it. For the third year in a row, I'm going to miss this. Taking a year out to do some travelling so I expect my beer drinking skills to be top notch in 2016 when I eventually get to compete:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Is it a mile total or 4 miles? Seriously thinking about doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Are you allowed smoke whilst jogging?

Meno usually has smoke coming out his arse and froth out of his gob
    What's the average pace? Surely a stout would be the best option, not as carbonated so no mouth puke

Strictly speaking stout not official beverage.

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »

one mile although if you want to do 4 miles and 16 beers you are welcome to attempt it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Have witnessed a chocolate milk mile and it isn't pretty!

Couldn't take that either - don't even drink milk (complicated much hu ?). Would be thinking of something carbonated (reckon ye'd all beat me even if I didn't stop to drink anything) but will have to wait till nearer the date to see if I'm free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

This interests me immensely. Are you all weirdos?

This interests me immensely. Are you all weirdos?

Yes ................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

kit3 wrote: »
    Yes ................

what was your edit??!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Firedance wrote: »
    what was your edit??!!!! :D

I had originally said 'they are....' but thought maybe I'd better include myself and just say 'yes' ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Meno usually has smoke coming out his arse and froth out of his gob

Strictly speaking stout not official beverage.

I wouldn't have thought there would be any issue with stout as long as it's 5%?

beermile.com even lists guinness in its results...

http://www.beermile.com/records/ref_beer/beertype_Guinness+Draught

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Stout is allowed provided its 5% and 355ml. Terrible idea though. Far too heavy. 4 of them and you'll be puking for sure.

eviltwin wrote: »

It's called a "beer mile" perhaps go away, think about that for a few minutes and get back to me if you have any further questions?

It's called a "beer mile" perhaps go away, think about that for a few minutes and get back to me if you have any further questions?

:eek: I had a nun in school who responded to questions like that - pretty sure you're not the same person though :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Or to put it in a nicer more civil way, yes its a mile, sounds like fun so go for it if you're around :-)

kit3 wrote: »
    :eek: I had a nun in school who responded to questions like that - pretty sure you're not the same person though :cool:

As you can see from my username I have great respect for people of the cloth.....

Firedance wrote: »
    Or to put it in a nicer more civil way, yes its a mile, sounds like fun so go for it if you're around :-)

Civility and the beer mile are not things that should go together ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Kiely is sorting out an alternative date for us all so there may be hope yet

On second thoughts, I bow to your endless wisdom TRR. So much events going on over the summer, there is always going to be a clash. Best just set a date and stick with it.

In other words, by suggesting an alternate date, I didn't think the onus would be put back on me to actually do something about it :D.

Who's going to miss a bunch of smelly track runners anyway.

On a personal note, I might try some chugging sessions in the weeks leading up to this and if I can break 20 seconds, then the IMC can get lost :). If not, I'll just start spouting nonsense about how I definitely would have won it and TRR is a tyrant who purposely excluded track runners to enhance his already slim chances of retaining his national title.

On second thoughts, I bow to your endless wisdom TRR. So much events going on over the summer, there is always going to be a clash. Best just set a date and stick with it.

In other words, by suggesting an alternate date, I didn't think the onus would be put back on me to actually do something about it :D.

Who's going to miss a bunch of smelly track runners anyway.

On a personal note, I might try some chugging sessions in the weeks leading up to this and if I can break 20 seconds, then the IMC can get lost :). If not, I'll just start spouting nonsense about how I definitely would have won it and TRR is a tyrant who purposely excluded track runners to enhance his already slim chances of retaining his national title.

It's a pity the track runners will miss it. I've enjoyed hammering you lot the last two years :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Just realised Ireland are Playing Scotland at 5pm, some might want to bear that in mind.

We should be able to catch the 2nd half in the horse and hound along with a warm up beer or two.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

menoscemo wrote: »
    Just realised Ireland are Playing Scotland at 5pm, some might want to bear that in mind.

We should be able to catch the 2nd half in the horse and hound along with a warm up beer or two.....

So no track runners and soccer supports? This just gets better and better :). All we need now are no tri'athletes' turning up and I am happy.

So no track runners and soccer supports? This just gets better and better :). All we need now are no tri'athletes' turning up and I am happy.

Its my Granny's 80th that night. How much is it to hire out a tromboner for a few hours? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Its my Granny's 80th that night. How much is it to hire out a tromboner for a few hours? :)

Haha......let's be honest. No one wants a trombonist at any party! Even I can't make that cool and that's saying something :cool:.

Haha......let's be honest. No one wants a trombonist at any party! Even I can't make that cool and that's saying something :cool:.

Bull**** DR Trombone is **** cool watch Treme and learn... #secondline

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I'm still a possibility for this. There's a lot of 400m races available, and if all goes to plan I'll have had 4 races in the previous 6 weeks, so a couple of weekends with none mid season, and a beer mile could nicely break up the season, before the push towards Nationals. Having said that I like the Le Cheile meet so we'll have to wait and see. Keen to retain my "top sprinter" title, though could be a tough ask if Oregano shows up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Can I drink alcopop maybe WKD as I don't like beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The Officer

I did this three years ago and it measured short on my Garmin!

Garmins don't register the undead :)

• Advertisement

Dodgy Marshalls I'd say - must be their fault

Advertisement