Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer Mile 2015, June 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Could we run a Prosecco mile ? :D

Dear God no. Don't even joke about things like that.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

menoscemo wrote: »
    For those wondering; 12 oz is 355ml.

Can't wait for this. After a disaster and puke the first year, I managed a solid if unspectacular finish last year.
    This year I'll be setting a modest time goal, hopefully I can finish around 9 minutes.

Ah, so the "froth" has been upgraded to "puke" now I see. :)

This could be a good post-Cork blowout opportunity for me, in more ways than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

yep for sure, if you can somehow get standard measures (250 ml maybe?) then it could be a good alternative to those who can't stomach beer. Will be deemed a separate event though and won't be eligible for the champions league style trophy we have for the beer mile.

Lol, I was only (half) joking
    Firedance wrote: »
    i was going to ask if we could drink smaller cans but this is SO much better! lets do that :D

Could be on to something here
    tunguska wrote: »
    Dear God no. Don't even joke about things like that.......

It might be too late.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Chivito550 wrote: »
    The Le Cheile meet in Leixlip is the same day. If that's on in the afternoon then I'll definitely be up for this after. All depends on the timing of the Leixlip meet.

That's the imc? Usually doesn't end till 7 or so? TTR you've made a huge cockup here if they clash in time! No way I'm missing the IMC but I defo got unfinished business in the beermile, there's a sub 60 last lap in me defo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Timmaay wrote: »
    That's the imc? Usually doesn't end till 7 or so? TTR you've made a huge cockup here if they clash in time! No way I'm missing the IMC but I defo got unfinished business in the beermile, there's a sub 60 last lap in me defo!!

It's always going to clash with something. With a bit of luck your events are early in the programme. We could always push the start time to a slightly later time too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

It's actually starting at 6pm, so that's me out if I get a lane in the 400m. Pity but TRR is right, it's always going to clash with something, and it's better it clashes with something that only a few of us will be involved in rather than something most will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Suppose I can always drop down afterwards and take a late start if needs be. I'm sure ecoli will be still on the track then anyways :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

I am definately on for this. :D

Suppose I can always drop down afterwards and take a late start if needs be. I'm sure ecoli will be still on the track then anyways :p

Quote of the day from oregano state in a pm to me earlier

"Is the artist formerly known as Ecoli going to be running? The fecker has had my boards.ie t-shirt I loaned him after the 2013 race because he'd puked all over his own clothes!"

He's a fcuking disgrace and we are better off without him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Is there an early start...

Is it open to walkers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

annapr wrote: »
    Is it open to walkers?

I'd say there'll be plenty of 'runners' walking during the later laps in a bid to keep the beer down :)

annapr wrote: »
    Is it open to walkers?

Yes, so long they can walk in straight lines!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Firedance wrote: »
    perhaps we could have an iron, a la Raheny prizes :P

Nah, we already know who's going to win and she has an iron ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Penalty Lap:

1 per puke or a one off penalty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Looks like I'll be missing this again. Good excuse this year though. 50th birthday party that night. Mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Penalty Lap:

One off. And you don't do the penalty lap until the very end.

Itziger wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be missing this again. Good excuse this year though. 50th birthday party that night. Mine.

Can't think of a better way to spend your birthday. Run the beer mile then head straight to your party.

And thanks for inviting us all along to your 50th as well by the way. Free finger food and a seating area close to the jacks is all we require.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Nah, we already know who's going to win and she has an iron ;)

The iron owner might be a lightweight? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Can't think of a better way to spend your birthday. Run the beer mile then head straight to your party.

And thanks for inviting us all along to your 50th as well by the way. Free finger food and a seating area close to the jacks is all we require.

Google Map 'Itzig', a bit of MapMyRunning and you'd nearly find the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

I presume you are not allowed shotgun the beer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

RedRunner wrote: »
    I presume you are not allowed shotgun the beer?

Yeah no straws or extra holes allowed in the beer-container. It's in the rules linked in the OP I think.

Also, you're not allowed open the cans/bottles before the race to allow the CO2 gas to escape. Dealing with the fizzy-burps is the most difficult part of the whole thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Penalty Lap:

Haahahaaa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭DocQismyJesus

Haahahaaa :D

I'll be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I'll be there!

I'm pretty sure I'll be there me self!

PS I'm not laughing at pacing mule... I thought the question was brilliant. I'm delighted I won't be there until midnight doing penalty laps :D

I'm pretty sure I'll be there me self!

PS I'm not laughing at pacing mule... I thought the question was brilliant. I'm delighted I won't be there until midnight doing penalty laps :D

Ha I am asking from a strategy point of view. :)

I'll be there!

Send me a PM or email so I can keep track. Your messiah may be running also!

Just chancing my arm a bit here. Is there any appetite for a date change ?

New flat PB screaming 5k race announced in Dun Laoghaire for the same evening. Meno reckons we can beer mile at 7 and leg it to the start line for the 5k at 7:30 :D

I know thing always clash etc and my priority is the beer mile but there's a few who can't make the current date as it is. Dunsaughlin the following weekend clashes too. Who'd have thought there would be so many events on Saturday evenings !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I was kind of messing on your thread :pac:.
    I don't really think the Dun Laoghaire 5k will be that flat of fast tbh.

I have no particular desire to change the date and that's speaking as someone who has been promised a free entry to that 5k!!

Just chancing my arm a bit here. Is there any appetite for a date change ?

New flat PB screaming 5k race announced in Dun Laoghaire for the same evening. Meno reckons we can beer mile at 7 and leg it to the start line for the 5k at 7:30 :D

I know thing always clash etc and my priority is the beer mile but there's a few who can't make the current date as it is. Dunsaughlin the following weekend clashes too. Who'd have thought there would be so many events on Saturday evenings !

There may be an appetite but the date isn't changing :) every year there is pussy footing around with the date. It's set. If you can make it, that's great. If you can't sorry but tough luck! It's my ball and my rules. Dictatorships rock!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The Irish runner 5 mile clashed with the beer mile last year, but would they move the 5 mile? Would they f**k.

Agree with above, it'll always clash with something, there's loads of 5K's around, only one beer mile though.

Advertisement