Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mart Price Tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 clarkm6

Just enough to keep them in the field!!

Rolled barley and beef nuts worked out around €27 for the 200 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

clarkm6 wrote: »
    Just enough to keep them in the field!!

Rolled barley and beef nuts worked out around €27 for the 200 days.

Cattle were about 50-100quid dearer when you bought them than now. You still did well IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Where's the value now? If you'd access to finance housing fodder and grazing next year what weight and types would lads punt on?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kingstown

last Thursday - 8 x CHX stores (18 months old)

500kg €1430
    460kg €1345
    490kg €1260
    560kg €1410
    520kg €1400
    480kg €1410
    530kg €1380
    460kg €1210

Sold 8 FR Friesian Stores (18 months old) on Saturday in 2 lots
    4 X Avg 545kg €935 (4 super cattle..!)
    4 x Avg 526kg €960

All bought in at 280kg @ €525 December 2014
    Straight off grass - no meal or nuts, since they went out on grass the first week in March.

Disappointed with first 4 - only got 1 bid after I put them on the market. Second bunch did better - had 3 bidders on them.

Reason I bought FR last December was I couldnt get coloured weanlings at reasionable price. LIM CHX All making between €880 - €940 last backend.

Question, is the margin in the dearer coloured cattle?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Just offloaded some fr bull weanlings Feb/March 15 born 262 kg average weight 520 euro .how the fook is buyer going to turn money on them .little if any fr Bulls making under 2 euro a kg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Just offloaded some fr bull weanlings Feb/March 15 born 262 kg average weight 520 euro .how the fook is buyer going to turn money on them .little if any fr Bulls making under 2 euro a kg

Can only mean one thing, a few winters evenings picketing factories

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

CH X March Born Heifers

260kg 820
    250kg 810
    235kg 805

CHX March Born Bulls

340kg 900
    350kg 890

Fcuking sorry i didnt bring all with me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

mahoney_j wrote: »

Got €2/kg in the yard for April born ones, 200kg. Only kept them as we had an issue with a few cows getting mastitis then and the milk to rear them would have been discarded.

kingstown wrote: »
    Sold 8 FR Friesian Stores (18 months old) on Saturday in 2 lots
    4 X Avg 545kg €935 (4 super cattle..!)
    4 x Avg 526kg €960

All bought in at 280kg @ €525 December 2014
    Straight off grass - no meal or nuts, since they went out on grass the first week in March.

Disappointed with first 4 - only got 1 bid after I put them on the market. Second bunch did better - had 3 bidders on them.

Reason I bought FR last December was I couldnt get coloured weanlings at reasionable price. LIM CHX All making between €880 - €940 last backend.

Question, is the margin in the dearer coloured cattle?

Not really. In july 14 when prices were poor I sold two nice square fr 400kg for 550. Fr will always take hit first. You could possibly by replacements now for €450 at same weight. What is in the head to buy again? Seen lovely square ones on done deal in a field of kale. Add was gone in an hour. Could be value in these also.

http://www.donedeal.ie/beefcattle-for-sale/fresian-bull-weanling/10790771

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kingstown

Yeah, your right in saying FR will take the hit first, but I always have a mix, so it balance’s out. FR are much easier handle and manage on your own. I’d had have LMX and CHX that when in a yard or crush can go anywhere very quickly and nearly got caught once or twice..!

Have bought some AA & CHX, but will buy about 16 / 20 FR if I see the right cattle - What weight do you think the weanling caves in the link are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Willfarman wrote: »
    Where's the value now? If you'd access to finance housing fodder and grazing next year what weight and types would lads punt on?

I saw a neighbour picked up some nice black limos and sim all between 470-520kg. Paid an Average of €1050 for them. Spent a lot of time going round marts waiting for them at that price. He'll finish them off grass next autumn. They don't look like a bad bet. Better value than a 350kg at the same money.

kingstown wrote: »
    Yeah, your right in saying FR will take the hit first, but I always have a mix, so it balance’s out. FR are much easier handle and manage on your own. I’d had have LMX and CHX that when in a yard or crush can go anywhere very quickly and nearly got caught once or twice..!

Have bought some AA & CHX, but will buy about 16 / 20 FR if I see the right cattle - What weight do you think the weanling caves in the link are?

220kg max id say. Hard to know from pic.

Cavanjack wrote: »
    I saw a neighbour picked up some nice black limos and sim all between 470-520kg. Paid an Average of €1050 for them. Spent a lot of time going round marts waiting for them at that price. He'll finish them off grass next autumn. They don't look like a bad bet. Better value than a 350kg at the same money.

Whatever looks value is the money maker no matter what breed or colour the animal is. Cant understand how lads pay 950 for a 250kg golden chx and turn their nose at a 460kg mousey chx at 1050. FIL got cheque back today for cattle hung in Friday. Best lad was a grey chx with white patches. FIL spent the last 16mts moaning on about how he won't weigh and the colour is wrong. Killed out at 470kg @ 28mts 25days. That's 886kg live at 53% KO. over €1900.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 _walsh_

Have a lovely goldie chax heifer May born long after the rest of ours but a great thick heifer, great curly hair on her from a great mother, what kind of price would ye thing I'd get for her??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

_walsh_ wrote: »
    Have a lovely goldie chax heifer May born long after the rest of ours but a great thick heifer, great curly hair on her from a great mother, what kind of price would ye thing I'd get for her??

Around 270-300kg? Something round €900 I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

3 sim heifers in roscrea mart last wed eve. 320kg nice heifers €1060
    I wish they were mine, ha. Two lads wanted them and that was it.

_walsh_ wrote: »

depends on her quality

is she around 250 kg

average quality- 700 plus

good quality 800 plus

two chx bulls today

mid april born @ 330kg= 990 euro

early may born @ 300kg 970 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Red Cloud

Local heifer ring this week;
    Chx's ave €2.20 c/k or weight + €617
    Blacks Lmx & Aax ave €2.07 c/k or weight + €523.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cassidy2

two chx bulls today

mid april born @ 330kg= 990 euro

early may born @ 300kg 970 euro

That is a great price.must of been great calves

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

Anyone in kk mart yest? big numbers with the bad weather i presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Anyone in kk mart yest? big numbers with the bad weather i presume?

80 or 90 pens bullocks 85 cows not sure about heifers prob near 30 pens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

simx wrote: »
    80 or 90 pens bullocks 85 cows not sure about heifers prob near 30 pens

I counted roughly 170 cows in Ennis yesterday, you'll have to make the trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

I counted roughly 170 cows in Ennis yesterday, you'll have to make the trip!

feck it i seen a printout of 20 cows a lad not a million miles away bought there one thursday, didnt look like one cheap cow on it, stay local, cows will be coming in floods in a few weeks id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Any value in handy bullocks simx?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭limo_100

Willfarman wrote: »
    Any value in handy bullocks simx?

whats a handy bullock 400kg ??

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Wes Palmer Lee

Drumshanbo tonight..

Bull weanlings a bit easier bought-
    plainish Lm 300kg 720e
    classy LM 290kg 825e
    plain CH 295kg 730e
    classy CH 285kg 950e

Heifer Weanlings great trade:
    Coloured CH 340kg 955e
    Red Lm nice sort 240kg 785e
    Ch nice warm type 250kg 795e

Saw Lm Springer 750kg due in 2 weeks make 2060e. She was a real nice one showing lots of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I can't figure out why a springer nearly always goes for more than a cow with a young calf at foot. Is it the mystery of not knowing what the calf will be like or do lads enjoy getting up to calve?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Is there 10 to 12 month old castrated hex out there. What kind of money

• Advertisement

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Is there 10 to 12 month old castrated hex out there. What kind of money

360-400kg anywhere between 780 and 900. I'm sure there is loads out there but a lot of lads that rear them or buy them as runners tend to finish them. They always do well at mart I find will have two 18mt olds in April for going unless ya want to make me an offer!!

Advertisement