Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mart Price Tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭MfMan

limo_100 wrote: »
    four bullocks in balladuff today

Mar 14 LGL 715kg 1580 thought he would go a small bit more but ill live
    Sept 13 ICR 695kg 1600
    Sept 13 OZS 650kg 1480
    May 14 ADX 555kg 1200 thought he should of gone more but were do ya put one bullock on his own

Good prices, helped no doubt by the fact they're young enough to be QA eligible for the finisher. Comparable heavy cattle not quite reaching that money in the (Galway) marts I've be at recently. Pardon ignorance, but what do the initials (LGL etc.) denote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

MfMan wrote: »
    Good prices, helped no doubt by the fact they're young enough to be QA eligible for the finisher. Comparable heavy cattle not quite reaching that money in the (Galway) marts I've be at recently. Pardon ignorance, but what do the initials (LGL etc.) denote?

Bull AI codes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

Only suckler I saw was a nice He heifer incalf to FTY due in March make 1300 I think, saw young heavy cull cows over 700kgs making €1.85 to €1.92/kg. Older cows €1.65 to €1.75/kg.
    Saw some super Saler and limousin spring 14 breeding heifers make around €1150, thought they weren't dear.
    Didn't see any weanlings sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭limo_100

tanko wrote: »
    Only suckler I saw was a nice He heifer incalf to FTY due in March make 1300 I think, saw young heavy cull cows over 700kgs making €1.85 to €1.92/kg. Older cows €1.65 to €1.75/kg.
    Saw some super Saler and limousin spring 14 breeding heifers make around €1150, thought they weren't dear.
    Didn't see any weanlings sold.
    wel F it anyway iv being lookin for a good saler heifer for the bull instead of trying to breed one and its not to often they turn up ud have to be lucky to get one and a good one at that. Its some spot for the amount of cattle

Yeah, a friend of mine was bidding on a Saler heifer, he was sorry after he didn't keep bidding til he got her. Lots of good cattle there today alrite.

• Advertisement

Yeah, a friend of mine was bidding on a Saler heifer, he was sorry after he didn't keep bidding til he got her. Lots of good cattle there today alrite.

was she a good big heifer what weight was she?? any Simmental heifers in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

In carnaross this evening. I thought light stock were back a bit. A lot of scrap sucklers but a couple of nice ones that done well.

was she a good big heifer what weight was she?? any Simmental heifers in it?

Yeah, decent sized heifer lovely shape about 470 kgs i think. Didn't see any Sims, mostly CH heifers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Miname wrote: »
    In carnaross this evening. I thought light stock were back a bit. A lot of scrap sucklers but a couple of nice ones that done well.
    queue out the gate in ardee yesterday, some amount of cattle there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

Have 3 fr bullocks that I'm going to sell on. What price are they making? Between 500-525 kg ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭marknjb

what price do ye think that 260kg Hereford bull calves would make? how much would 220kg black limousine heifers also make? all bucket reared calves. thanks mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Feckthis wrote: »
    Have 3 fr bullocks that I'm going to sell on. What price are they making? Between 500-525 kg ?

marknjb wrote: »
    what price do ye think that 260kg Hereford bull calves would make? how much would 220kg black limousine heifers also make? all bucket reared calves. thanks mark

Hex around 650
    Limos 520

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Are Marts sticking up replacement Star ratings for heifir weanlings yet in sales?

Are Marts sticking up replacement Star ratings for heifir weanlings yet in sales?

Not that I've seen. Some sellers are getting the auctioneer to announce 4 or 5 star heifer. Then you'll hear some mutterings of "5 star heifer my ar$e".
    In the comic this week there's some talk that the marts are going to get grant aided by the department to install new boards to give all the eurostars for animals being sold.

Not that I've seen. Some sellers are getting the auctioneer to announce 4 or 5 star heifer. Then you'll hear some mutterings of "5 star heifer my ar$e".
    In the comic this week there's some talk that the marts are going to get grant aided by the department to install new boards to give all the eurostars for animals being sold.

wel its only right there no point in doing this scheme unless everyone commits to it

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cassidy2

Hex around 650
    Limos 520

You must be a dealer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Clough Casey is a multi talented entrepreneur!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cassidy2

Willfarman wrote: »
    Clough Casey is a multi talented entrepreneur!

So he is a tangler ?

Cassidy2 wrote: »
    You must be a dealer

True for u Larry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Larry that had a Lorry?

Willfarman wrote: »
    Larry that had a Lorry?

Dats right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

Will there be a glut of cattle on the marts now with the weather ****ed? Anyone in kk mart yest, prices back?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭briangriffin

Well lads just wondering how dairy cull cows are going have 3 for sale 2 at 710kgs 1 at 660 good shape British friesian should I send them to the mart or factory? What
    price should I be hoping for?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Well lads just wondering how dairy cull cows are going have 3 for sale 2 at 710kgs 1 at 660 good shape British friesian should I send them to the mart or factory? What
    price should I be hoping for?

Cheers

Mart I reckon, heard factory quotes at 3.50 o grades and 3.40 p grades

• Registered Users Posts: 4 clarkm6

last Thursday - 8 x CHX stores (18 months old)

500kg €1430
    460kg €1345
    490kg €1260
    560kg €1410
    520kg €1400
    480kg €1410
    530kg €1380
    460kg €1210

on the farm approx 200 day and various LWG between .70 to 1.1kg's

clarkm6 wrote: »
    last Thursday - 8 x CHX stores (18 months old)

500kg €1430
    460kg €1345
    490kg €1260
    560kg €1410
    520kg €1400
    480kg €1410
    530kg €1380
    460kg €1210

on the farm approx 200 day and various LWG between .70 to 1.1kg's
    Any harm in asking what you gave for them as weanlings??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 clarkm6

They were averaging around €980.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭grange mac

Any harm in asking what you gave for them as weanlings??

That sort money must Hav been nice shapely bullocks. You have them on much nuts?

• Advertisement

grange mac wrote: »
    That sort money must Hav been nice shapely bullocks. You have them on much nuts?

ur asking the wrong chap ha

Advertisement