Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With cusack park in ennis being redeveloped will the clare Co board not try and get next year's munster semi final played there to show off the stadium and knowing our county board they will agree to play it there

It will prob be thurles on the Sunday of the June bank holiday

Beat Clare and we're hurling into late summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Don't think anyone said anybody shouldn't post here, just a plea for the sanity of all of us to consider ignoring one particular poster.

Hardly anything wrong with that is there?

Singling out and ridiculing a poster is not ok by me. It's a form of bullying in my book. Maybe I'm over reacting but this is not the place for me anymore. I'm out of here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Singling out and ridiculing a poster is not ok by me. It's a form of bullying in my book. Maybe I'm over reacting but this is not the place for me anymore. I'm out of here

I guess I'm talking to myself but feels like we're all being taunted.

Might be hard to empathize with it, but its incredibly frustrating. He makes valid points, but when it comes to Waterford nothing the lads do is ever good enough. If you expect to continuously make that point, to a people who turned up 14,000 strong to welcome home the players on a dark day for Waterford hurling because that is what it means, and at the same time not expect a backlash from those that post here well all I can say is you haven't really put any thought into the whole process at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

Is this in relation to my (now seemingly removed) broken record post?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Is this in relation to my (now seemingly removed) broken record post?

No mine aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

As much as we gave out about Up the Deise forum all those years ago at least you could have a bit of craic on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

The mod has got it wrong on this one. Bit of an overreaction. Need to familiarise themselves with the history on this page to understand the nature of the posters and responses. Theres worse crap going on here regularly that seems to be overlooked. Maybe time to start afresh with a new thread. Otherwise lets keep it in the deise spirit!!!

The more I think about it, David O Sullivan could be a big loss. Was influential the last day he is a big player for Ballygunner, could have more of an impact than I thought.

Think they'll still win but they may well have to sweat it out.

The more I think about it, David O Sullivan could be a big loss. Was influential the last day he is a big player for Ballygunner, could have more of an impact than I thought.

Think they'll still win but they may well have to sweat it out.

Wasn't there some mix up with the sending off? Wrong player singled out or something?

archieknox wrote: »
    Wasn't there some mix up with the sending off? Wrong player singled out or something?

No idea what the fallout was just that he was the one shown it at least thats what I saw.

Anyone know whats actually happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

No idea what the fallout was just that he was the one shown it at least thats what I saw.

Anyone know whats actually happened?

Abused the referee after blew for full time apparently. Strange one considering had won, normally if someone having words with ref it's after losing. I didn't think he was particularly hard on them, their persistent questioning of his decisions was mind boggling considering throughout the game, and in many other games I have seen recently, the ball is immediately brought forward for this.

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Abused the referee after blew for full time apparently. Strange one considering had won, normally if someone having words with ref it's after losing. I didn't think he was particularly hard on them, their persistent questioning of his decisions was mind boggling considering throughout the game, and in many other games I have seen recently, the ball is immediately brought forward for this.

Incredibly stupid thing to do

Incredibly stupid thing to do

Heard earlier that the Ballygunner appeal was successful so that solves that. Apparently it was David O Sullivan was sent off but he wrote down another player's name on his report!

Heard earlier that the Ballygunner appeal was successful so that solves that. Apparently it was David O Sullivan was sent off but he wrote down another player's name on his report!

So he's free to play? The ref 100% flashed the card at David and I doubt he wouldn't know him. If the wrong name was wrote it's a very strange sequence of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭mickotallow

So he's free to play? The ref 100% flashed the card at David and I doubt he wouldn't know him. If the wrong name was wrote it's a very strange sequence of events.

Think that may have been Tommy O Sullivan's way of backtracking after flashing the red card.

That is what I'm led to believe.

Wouldnt be surprised if Tommy sullivan got the name wrong. I know him personally and as a ref he has no interest in who players are even some of the famous county players over the years he wouldnt know them. Good ref though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Maybe the ref suffers from the undermentioned condition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosopagnosia

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Senior panel back in the gym already. Haven't heard of any new recruits yet?

robopaddy2 wrote: »
    Wouldnt be surprised if Tommy sullivan got the name wrong. I know him personally and as a ref he has no interest in who players are even some of the famous county players over the years he wouldnt know them. Good ref though

Not really an excuse. If he took the number and got a copy of the programme that would be that problem sorted pretty easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Get Mr.Crotty out training with them. Himself and Pa O'Donavan should be given a fair shot in the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Get Mr.Crotty out training with them. Himself and Pa O'Donavan should be given a fair shot in the league

Conor gleeson of FMW...worth a run....maybe there already??

Tallow's name must be on the cup! Definitely didn't hurl in the first half and are still level! Must be pleased by that. Ballygunner 8 wides could be costly.

David O sullivan man of the match is fairly ironic.

Poor enough game today overall. Ballygunner were the better team throughout, hit around 14 wides to Tallows 3, could have won by more. Kept tallow in it in the first half really with some bad wides when tallow were offering absolutely nothing up front from play. Ryan Grey was outstanding on the frees for tallow in fairness to the young lad! Tallows persistence with playing short puck outs to their full back was strange when it wasn't working, especially when their keeper has a decent strike of the ball from what I've seen of him. Can't really overstate David O'Sullivan's impact on the game. He was every where and got some great long range scores. Must be questions surrounding how he came to be available for the game but my god did he make the most of it.
    From county team point of view not sure was any new standout. David Sul has been on panel before, if was to make himself available certainly merit a panel place.
    Thought Thomas Walsh reffed the game well. Big achievement for a young ref to get such a game and handled it well I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Poor enough game today overall. Ballygunner were the better team throughout, hit around 14 wides to Tallows 3, could have won by more. Kept tallow in it in the first half really with some bad wides when tallow were offering absolutely nothing up front from play. Ryan Grey was outstanding on the frees for tallow in fairness to the young lad! Tallows persistence with playing short puck outs to their full back was strange when it wasn't working, especially when their keeper has a decent strike of the ball from what I've seen of him. Can't really overstate David O'Sullivan's impact on the game. He was every where and got some great long range scores. Must be questions surrounding how he came to be available for the game but my god did he make the most of it.
    From county team point of view not sure was any new standout. David Sul has been on panel before, if was to make himself available certainly merit a panel place.
    Thought Thomas Walsh reffed the game well. Big achievement for a young ref to get such a game and handled it well I thought.
    If Modeligo won the Intermediate would he be banned from reffing the Senior Championship then?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

Anyone want to throw out a few names of players who they think should be brought onto the senior hurling panel for next year. I'm not living in Ireland so don't get to see any club games anymore.

Anyone want to throw out a few names of players who they think should be brought onto the senior hurling panel for next year. I'm not living in Ireland so don't get to see any club games anymore.

I don’t beleive there’s too many outside the main core of players that we don’t already know about. For me its about hoping a few more ofthe u21/minors of the past couple years can step up. A few more scoring forwards perhaps. Curran of Dungarvan and the Bennett’s of Ballysaggart should play more pivotal roles next year as opposed to being bit-part players. DJ Foran of Portlaw is a guy I’d like see get a good run. Hes big, physical, plenty of ability and is still u21 next year so has time on his side. People mentioning Gleeson of FMW I think hes a bit off that level yet and are few other guys ahead of himin the pecking order imo.

Outside of that if I had to pick 2 stand out players from the senior championship who are not on the senior panel Id say David O’Sullivan and Thomas Ryan, both have been involved in the senior setup in the past and neither were quite good enough at the time to be honest. Wouldn’t have a problem with either being brought back into it though as you shouldn’t dismiss a player because of his age. Some guys improve later in their 20s.

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    If Modeligo won the Intermediate would he be banned from reffing the Senior Championship then?

Don't think so. Wadding is Roanmore, Tommy Sullivan Cappoquin and both reffed senior games this year. Maybe his case would be slightly different as he is a player also? Generally they just give you games from the other group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

Apologies in advance for a bit of a rant, but is it just me, or was yesterday's final one of the drabbest county finals ever?

There was no music or any bit of an atmosphere in the stadium beforehand. Nor was there the usual band or parade before the game. I just thought the whole event seemed dead with no effort to liven the place up. Nothing to get the crowd going.

The standard of hurling was also well below par and has been all championship (any games I was at that is). However I don't blame the players for this as club hurling has now become a winter sport which can be difficult.

One other point -did anyone else notice Timmy O'Keefe refusing to move out of the way for a side line ball. He was standing almost on the pitch, and must have been 1 foot away from where it was to be taken, and when asked to stand back by the Ballygunner player he refused to move. WTF is his problem? Just looked awful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement