Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My God, it's full of stars!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

tunney wrote: »
    finishing with a flurry of high fives and chest bumps.

So, Dublin 70.3? I'll be cheering you from the sidelines- will have a bag of support Haribo's at the 7 hour point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    So, Dublin 70.3? I'll be cheering you from the sidelines- will have a bag of support Haribo's at the 7 hour point.

movie-popcorn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

asdasdasdasdasd.png

asdasdasdasdasd.png

So a triathlete that does crossfit..............

How has your wife not left you :)

So a triathlete that does crossfit..............

How has your wife coach not left you :)

;)

• Advertisement

Seriously though, I'm considering holding a plank at the finish line of the Aware 10, until you come in. My record so far is 2 mins...

Seriously though, I'm considering holding a plank at the finish line of the Aware 10, until you come in. My record so far is 2 mins...

Seriously????? All that crossfit and 2 minutes is your record????? Wow thats sh1t :)

Seriously????? All that crossfit and 2 minutes is your record????? Wow thats sh1t :)

It was part of a structured set- never tried any longer. Should have a good few minutes free at Aware 10k, will try then.

It was part of a structured set- never tried any longer. Should have a good few minutes free at Aware 10k, will try then.

You going to do a Tanya Harding on me or something?

Anyways nervous about the test tonight. I've forgotten how to suffer

• Advertisement

Good luck with the test. Tell yourself lots of lies about pain, and the nature of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

SIU princess

SIU princess

saw an email in gmail saying reply to the thread from you.straight away i thought, "bet it says siu princess"

:D

mossym wrote: »
    saw an email in gmail saying reply to the thread from you.straight away i thought, "bet it says siu princess"

:D

What can I say he does need to be reminded that often :)

As bad as week 37 was turns out that on a personal basis week 38 was worse, alot worse. Everyone has their health and thats great but fvck me what I wouldn't give for an easier life at the minute.

Mr Monkey suggested a repeat of last week given how the back end went. So AeT test again today. Conditions were much worse but results similar so that validates last weeks result. So much work to do on the aerobic side of running but that comes quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

How'd the bike test go last week?

Bike test didn't happen. Last week was not the week for anything.

On the plus side:
    Everyone is healthy
    Three fantastic kids
    Kids are happy
    Marriage is good

Just alot of stress, change and flux resulting in about 3 hours sleep a night for the last 6-8 weeks, all making things a little tougher than it should be. Looks like light at the end of the tunnel but its a long tunnel yet.

Rich okayed the 10km in December. Should be fun, Glenda doing it too. Need a babysitter.......

Should be fun, Glenda doing it too.

She'll be close by at the finish line to console you, smart move.

• Advertisement

She'll be close by at the finish line to console you, smart move.

Imagine "P in the pool" entry.
    Tunney and Mrs Tunney beat me

Imagine "P in the pool" entry.
    Tunney and Mrs Tunney beat me

You have been beaten in a marathon by Mrs JB:)

Odds right now are Dave 4/6 and KG 6/4. I expect the odds to go one way and Dave can influence that greatly. From speaking to him i expect the odds to go 1/3 and KG to drift:) sorry P but if he pulls a few good run weeks together you are screwed.

Was at an Athletic Development coaching talk last night in the GAA club. I was amazed at the topics and the exercises being done. So relevant and rather up to date. Learnt quite a bit about opening up the hip flexors. Roll on next weeks talk!

Was at an Athletic Development coaching talk last night in the GAA club. I was amazed at the topics and the exercises being done. So relevant and rather up to date. Learnt quite a bit about opening up the hip flexors. Roll on next weeks talk!

Could you expand a bit on this. I'm ignorant until today of what a hip flexor is- Dr. Google seems to suggest it could be the cause of my periodic lower back pain, just did some stretches and the pain has alleviated.

Could you expand a bit on this. I'm ignorant until today of what a hip flexor is- Dr. Google seems to suggest it could be the cause of my periodic lower back pain, just did some stretches and the pain has alleviated.

remiss of me to never have stressed the importance of these muscles to you. They are the most important ones to maintain in tri.

Perhaps a workshop on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Regular back pain and tight hamstrings led me to discover that tight, damaged quad muscle was causing the trouble. Regular stretching of the quads, releases my pelvic tilt and hamstrings all in one.

When a muscle is tight always check the opposing muscles.

Test set tonight, main part 4x5 on, 2 off.

Any guesses the AP for #1, #2, #3, #4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

275, 270, 260, 255

too late Kurt, we all saw it

• Advertisement

kurt wrote:
    350, 250, 150, 50
    when i read your post asking for guesses i thought way too high on teh first, as the mind remembered the glory days of huge power numbers, the second a grim effort to prove you could still hold that. the third a realization that you couldn't but hurting to hold something respectable. and the last, surrender to the inevitable, the silent screaming only broken at the very end with a call from the turbo "Glenda, get me off this ****ing thing"

no need to delete.

Advertisement