Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My God, it's full of stars!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

catweazle wrote: »
    Ok let me know the price and I will sort something out about delivery

Twenty euro and p+p

Also have one of the user battery changeable ones that operate on the same mechanism (ie pre wind). €30 plus postage with a new battery in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

20 including postage and we have a deal ;)

catweazle wrote: »
    20 including postage and we have a deal ;)

22 include P+P and deal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Ah feck ya I can get it new for 29 on wiggle...i am out!

During an absolutely chaotic week that saw me very very busy with stuff I really needed to pain attention to. In order to be able to do all that I needed to do I decided to cut out training. A rookie mistake. Given I'd been training properly the body has just shut down and rather than having more energy I have less. A rookie mistake.

Hopefully its all worth it in the end.

• Advertisement

Glenda came down with a horrific vomiting bug Saturday. got the kids out of the house and "for a sleep over". Both so i could look after glenda and in the hope that they might not get it. I got it and was off work yesterday. So far so good on the kids getting it.

A very very intense week. Physically and mentally drained. Roll on the weekend........

tunney wrote: »
    A very very intense week. Physically and mentally drained. Roll on the weekend........

When will it end........

There is light at the end of the tunnel. And its not a train :)

All out of the tunnel. An unpleasant two months but its done. Where the tunnel ended I cannot say yet though :)

Anyways the reward for getting all that done is a return to a routine and proper training.

Monday 10th November

A windy lunch run. Only 30 minutes. Some complaints from my rec fem and my ITB. I'm going to start a 6-8 month programme of physio guided S&C, maybe by the end of it I will be able to run 10 minutes. or I'll just get sorted in a session this week or next.

Club swim in the evening. Head position too high in the water so will address that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Club swim in the evening. Head position too high in the water so will address that.

High head position is a known issue with club-drafting-speedo-checkers

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    High head position is a known issue with club-drafting-speedo-checkers

I was leading the lane out.

The Coach did get a little confused why I kept getting out every 25m doing some burpies and starjumps and then slapping people on the head with my knob as they went to turn.

The Coach did get a little confused why I kept getting out every 25m doing some burpies and starjumps and then slapping people on the head with my knob as they went to turn.

That explains the times, I suppose.

Did the postman come today?

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Did the postman come today?

The day before you. Everything to do with this race will be faster for me.

We have a nice little online community here. I think its worth remembering that over time the online relationships can often turn into real friendships.

Sometimes someone you know only from boards, and have only met a few times but talk to regularly, can do something that really makes a difference in your life.

Someone has made Christmas in the Tunney house. You know who you are.

Thanks!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Whoever you are, you turned scrooge around. Well done.

I love CEP recovery socks.

15 working days........

And it can now be discussed in public.

During the summer I realised I needed a change in job. I started interviewing - where in my industry an interview means at least a week of preparation. An hour telephone interview, then a second hour interview. Then 5-7 hours of back to back face to face interviews. Ironically the job I took was the one with a total of three hours interviewing.

Lots of prep, lots of stress, lots of interviews. Coupled with stress and hassle in work everything else, especially training, took a back seat. Notice handed in a while ago caused more stress but finally today everyone has been told.

Live has returned to a new version of normality and I start in the new place in the new year. New challenges, new opportunities - a new start!

Back to my old haunting grounds of Eastpoint. I love the running there along the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

And it can now be discussed in public.
    During the summer I realised I needed a change in job. I started interviewing - where in my industry an interview means at least a week of preparation. An hour telephone interview, then a second hour interview. Then 5-7 hours of back to back face to face interviews. Ironically the job I took was the one with a total of three hours interviewing.

Congrats D!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Congrats lad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Congratulations,
    Doing the same | similar work or a complete change?

BennyMul wrote: »
    Congratulations,
    Doing the same | similar work or a complete change?

Still in software development but completely different domain (ecommerce versus risk analysis and data management).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Any chance it is in Oracle down that way? Great company to work for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Sounds like you are happy with the move, congrats. And happy running... when you eventually can

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Any chance it is in Oracle down that way? Great company to work for.

No not oracle, two buildings over :) Will be the third company in East Point I worked for.
    Sounds like you are happy with the move, congrats. And happy running... when you eventually can

Yes not sure on whether lunch running is acceptable, will find out once on my feet - pun intended.

Very very excited, going to be an amazing challenge and opportunity.

I bought a Wahoo Kickr from a shop recently. Accuracy was pi$$ poor when I eventually got around to testing with SRMs. They were to send out a new "top cap" to see would that help. Then started smelling of melted plastic when in use so they are saying it needs to be replaced outright now. To be honest not sure I want another Kickr as a replacement. Good job my Computrainer never sold - back to that I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Congrats on the job! Just seeing this now, fingers crossed ill be able to join you for the lunch runs shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MarcioOrlando

I bought a Wahoo Kickr from a shop recently. Accuracy was pi$$ poor when I eventually got around to testing with SRMs. They were to send out a new "top cap" to see would that help. Then started smelling of melted plastic when in use so they are saying it needs to be replaced outright now. To be honest not sure I want another Kickr as a replacement. Good job my Computrainer never sold - back to that I think.

Is no good :(

• Advertisement

Weekend in Edinburgh with the better half, great city. Cold, windy and hilly as fvck. Still got out running though.

10km road race Saturday, not in great shape but will do my best hopefully.
    In for a procedure on Thursday. Opted for the swifter but much more painful option, see how things go. If in rag order afterwards will be staying in bed.

Advertisement