Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My God, it's full of stars!

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

So training plan for January done. A conservative return to exercise. Focusing primarily on running and some re-introduction of cycling.

Started with a series of nice off road runs in my favourite forest, which is in Cavan. All fine. Then Monday's run and I find my HR 170+ when it would normally be 150ish. Didn't think too much more of it. Then Garmin abnormal HR warnings for the rest of the day. Increased the thresholds and that stopped.

Felt crap yesterday and did an antigen test - positive for Covid. My wife stayed up half the night and got myself and my similarly affected son a PCR test for tomorrow. Going downhill today. Not feeling good at all at all. Bed is calling me.

Think is I started a new job a few months ago and am still trying to put best foot forward to tempted to try and work through it, however given I can barely think straight that may do more damage than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Hope you and the rest of the family are feeling better Tunney after Covid, have you started to return to training at all after? How are you finding it now?

Not a timely response. Took a few months to get over. Had a few trips to the hospital with chest pains afterwards. Wasn't a heart attack but covid related. Got a full cardio workup none the less. Was after Easter before I felt myself again.

On the 18th June I did the Mondello 24hour event again, as part of a four man team again.

In truth I had not sat on my bike since the last iteration of this event in October 2021. We had an uber biker on the team, a great biker, a strong cyclist, and then me. Rider one made up ground for us, rider two made up a little ground, rider 3 maintained, and then I lost ground. In the end we came second. Over the course of the 24 hours I thought I was having a stroke (first hour on), I was convinced I had a heart attack (after third hour on), puked my ring for an hour (after fourth hour on).

Suffice it to say I am in terrible shape, weighing in at 14stone, my 5km pace is a fantastic 24:20, and I would drown if I went near water.

I do want to do a triathlon again and am going to target one for 2023 - before that I need to lose weight and get fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Sounds like you had a pretty bad dose of it, guessing you had something similar to pericarditis or miocardiris as a result.

I had been asking because I had caught it too. Thankfully I wasn’t as bad just three weeks fully off all activities. Glad to hear it’s finally coming around for you

• Advertisement

Friday 9th September 2022

Weight: Around fourteen and a half stone

Activity levels: mostly sedentary - no commute as working from home and will be as long as in the employ of my present company. Not swam in years, occasionally with sit my fat ass on a 2004 Cannondale CAAD9 and struggle up the hills. I'm not living southside so no real flat riding. I don't go to the gym, have gotten awfully weak (and flabby), and I run jog waddle around Bushy park once or twice a week for thirty minutes at most.

Lifestyle: Too little sleep, too little fruit and veg, too much sugar, too much refined food, too much red wine, too little water, too much stress

Goal: I want to do a sprint tri next year, and I want to do it in the wetsuit I used in 2004. So that means getting leaner although not 2009 lean.

Why it is different this time: I have finally come to terms that my accident in 2009 was the beginning of the end of the phase of my life when sport was everything and I would be in reasonable shape. I further accept that by the time of my accidents in 2016 and 2018 I should have gotten a bit of help and let things go. Instead it took four years to organically come to a place that I can accept that I just want to be active and have a few laughs.

Friday 9th September 2022

Lunch waddle

Time: 31:41

Distance: 4.85km

Average pace: 6:32 /km

Average HR: 147bpm

Average cad: 166spm

Average pwr: 304w

I woke up this morning feeling terrible. I wanted to run today but wasn't sure it was a good idea. I was all bunged up and miserable. Being already miserable and with the hope that a waddle around the park help me clear the airways I went for an easy waddle around the park. I kept it as easy as possible and tried to just enjoy it. Surprise surprise once I let the numbers go and just focus on moving my feet and enjoying the surroundings and just being there.

Saturday 10th September 2022 & Sunday 11th September 2022

The path to hell is paved with good intentions. That being said spent lots of time with the kids, lots of hurling and football. Tiring weekend none the less

This week has been a **** show, a faeces festival, challenging in work. The best I could do is a few waddles during the week and two coaching sessions with the Hurling club (u8 and u11)

Tuesday 13th September 2022

Lunch waddle

Time: 30:33

Distance: 5.06km

Average pace: 6:02 /km

Average HR: 146bpm

Average cad: 172spm

Average pwr: 351w

I really need to try some different routes. The same running routes I used for the last twenty years. And the same places I hung around as a teenager. There is a reason I do not runt here on weekend nights.

Friday 16th September 2022

Evening run between meetings waddle

Time: 20:05

Distance: 3.32km

Average pace: 6:03 /km

Average HR: 138bpm

Average cad: 169spm

Average pwr: 340w

Have meetings until 2100 tonight so needed out about 1730 for as long as I could between calls. Had to do something or I would go nuts.

My chest wasn't great but sure what can you do

• Advertisement

snip

Advertisement