Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My God, it's full of stars!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

tunney wrote: »
    Ridiculous. Retailer claims not covered by warranty so had to order another pair :)

Seriously though I don't think I'll ever get all the oil out and worried that could get some manky rash or something on them. Will wait until next house party, bring runners to the party, and then put a wash on there.

Why not go to a launderette? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

AKW wrote: »
    Don't know which retailer you've been speaking to......

I was investigating the lack of a warning on the box "Do not mix with 5ltr of oil" :D

Wasn't it due to something similar that coffee cups, etc now have the HOT warning on them. Dave may have a case :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

pgibbo wrote: »
    Wasn't it due to something similar that coffee cups, etc now have the HOT warning on them. Dave may have a case :pac:

yup, lady sued mcdonalds claiming she got burnt by their coffee, she wasn't warned it was going to be hot, and she won

they all have the "The bevarage you are about to enjoy may be hot" warning now.

i do think suggesting a launderette is a better solution than a shoe retailer is a bit much though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

pgibbo wrote: »

Yep some American sued McDonalds cos they scalded their tongue on fresh coffee. That's why you now get "Warning Contents may be hot"

The best I heard recently was someone who put a camper in 'D', set cruise control and went to make a cuppa in the back. They argued that they had booked an automatic and won. :rolleyes:

Yep some American sued McDonalds cos they scalded their tongue on fresh coffee. That's why you now get "Warning Contents may be hot"

The best I heard recently was someone who put a camper in 'D', set cruise control and went to make a cuppa in the back. They argued that they had booked an automatic and won. :rolleyes:
    In November 2000, Mr. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32 foot Winnebago motor home. On his first trip home, having joined the freeway, he set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee. Not surprisingly, the Winnie left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Mr. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising him in the handbook that he could not actually do this. He was awarded $1,750,000 plus a new Winnebago.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/cruise.asp#5sryCJvCa8mbwiMi.99

• Advertisement

The best I heard recently
    In November 2000,

never let it be said Oranmore is anything but right on top of the news :)

mossym wrote: »
    never let it be said Oranmore is anything but right on top of the news :)

When you get to my age, anything in the last 20 years is recent!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Aoibhe announced last night she wants to join the local running club. Not in so many words - she wants to go running like Mammy and Daddy. Not going to stop her :)

She already swims - was in the pool with her for the first time in ages. Last time she wouldn't even stick her head under water. Now going a good impression of swimming.

Never going to push her into any sports but she seems rather happy in the GAA, swimming and from what I hear about the local running club she will like that too.

Means the others will do these sports too.

Think going to cap it there.

24n4qic.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

75k spins seem a bit excessive for a child in primary school. Especially if she'll be doing the GAA stuff on top of all that...

RJM85 wrote: »
    75k spins seem a bit excessive for a child in primary school. Especially if she'll be doing the GAA stuff on top of all that...

Eoin gets excited when he sees "Daddy's friends" - Dublin Wheelers meet on Saturdays at the same time I am driving them to GAA.

And they both get really excited to watch their granddad racing on TV. He was in Paris-Nice, Paris-Roubaix, Flanders, the Giro and now the Tdf. (Basically any race I pick a lad with a tash and they will watch their granddad race).

But cycling doesn't do it for her at all, or tris, she won't be going there It hink.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Eoin gets excited when he sees "Daddy's friends" - Dublin Wheelers meet on Saturdays at the same time I am driving them to GAA.

And they both get really excited to watch their granddad racing on TV. He was in Paris-Nice, Paris-Roubaix, Flanders, the Giro and now the Tdf. (Basically any race I pick a lad with a tash and they will watch their granddad race).

But cycling doesn't do it for her at all, or tris, she won't be going there It hink.

Our fella (14 months) is obsessed with tractors. Basically, everything with wheels is a tractor. He was sitting on my knee while I was watching the stage Tony Martin won a couple of days ago - about 200m from the line he points at the TV and goes 'tractor'. I didn't disagree with him...

Slight change of plan. Instead of training and living normal life I've been in the office until eight , nine o'clock even midnight this week. Great craic.

24n4qic.png

Given the week I had in work and the hours I racked up .... actually I could still have hit more of the sessions if I really really tried.

Club spin yesterday. A hilly ride and I was handed my ass on a plate by the lads.

[URL="[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wofuxj.png[/IMG]"]2wofuxj.jpg[/URL]

2h561p1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

So the red is not good, is it? Maybe you should adjust your plan down to something that is realistically manageable? Of course maybe the red doesn't bother you.

Dory Dory wrote: »
    So the red is not good, is it? Maybe you should adjust your plan down to something that is realistically manageable? Of course maybe the red doesn't bother you.

Yes is bad.

I'm really really hoping work calms down. 12-16 hour days don't work with life never mind training!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

maybe the other way to look at it is you still got 3 runs, a swim and a good long bike ride in despite working, 12 hour + days , i know i wouldnt have..

Monday night I did not want to run. Did anyways, hip flexors "blocked" and tummy in bits. Struggled through and finished it out albeit slowly.

Long long long long long day of planes, trains and meetings yesterday.

Run with Tango at lunch. Hip Flexors better but not right yet.

tired.... feck all sleep the last two nights.

2.5 days to holidays.............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Yes is bad.

I'm really really hoping work calms down. 12-16 hour days don't work with life never mind training!

I worked 7 days in a row once, each of them 16 hour days, not including a one hour commute each way. You need to man up.

Mind you, I didn't have kids at the time, and got fired shortly after...

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    I worked 7 days in a row once, each of them 16 hour days, not including a one hour commute each way. You need to man up.

Mind you, I didn't have kids at the time, and got fired shortly after...

14 days straight, finishing work at 3am, 30 minutes drive home, whatever sleep could be had, then back to work for 7.30 for conference calls with a customer in Japan. repeat. the toughest two weeks phycially and mentally i have ever put down, but the best engineering work we ever did, solved a customer issue with something approaching macgyver like madness.

it's amazing what the body is capable of when pushed. over a short duration anyway

I see your 16 hours and raise you to 5 days of 16 hours followed by a 28 hour straight through getting a showhouse garden finished for a launch many years ago.

Wasn't training though :)
    it's amazing what the body is capable of when pushed. over a short duration anyway

I'm hoping to be amazed around this time next week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

mossym wrote: »

Good prep for Denmark
    :)

BTH wrote: »
    Good prep for Denmark
    :)

do i get 14 days to get it finished there as well

So I actually joined a gym and now have access to a pool. I even went swimming. Left shoulder has reverted to weak and sore so will have to work on that. I'd forgotten how relaxing swimming was.

2016 training starts on Monday!

It started but not gone quite to plan. Surprise surprise says everyone. A few doctors trips and a hospital trip combined with a rack of meetings - during and after work - just meant a few runs and a few bikes will be done. Struggling with the pool and swimming - habit more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

Just run for a few months instead, take the pressure off yourself.
    Better bang for your training hours buck.
    Plenty of running races to target in the new year, give yourself a chance to a hit a target.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I find it hard to have the training mojo when I don't have anything to specifically train for...too early to start for next tri season. This is a total limbo time of year. Have you rejoined a running club? Target cross country season along with bit of swim and cycle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Better to plan for and do 5hrs training a week than planning 10hrs and only managing half that and beating yourself up over it.

Advertisement