Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My God, it's full of stars!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Not sure how you do it but you almost manage to make it seem smutty! ;)

Best of luck with the monkey on your back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

AKW wrote: »
    Not sure how you do it but you almost manage to make it seem smutty! ;)

Best of luck with the monkey on your back.

Seriously though I often thought about asking Rich to take me back on his books but never felt I had the head or motivation to do justice to the service he provides. I think I do now and I look forward to journey back. "Slowly slowly monkey catch you"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

tunney wrote: »
    Will be in the water three mornings a week from here on. In tomorrow morning. Although I suspect my present pace is well below yours. Not swam much in a few years.

What time you hoping to hit it in the morning? I wouldnt be too worried about times! I just want to try get back into it a little, im back Monday evenings at Westwood so want to get back a little to the pool

Bambaata wrote: »
    What time you hoping to hit it in the morning? I wouldnt be too worried about times! I just want to try get back into it a little, im back Monday evenings at Westwood so want to get back a little to the pool

0630 - only doing about 2k

A good but lonely swim this morning. #lookingAtYou

A no hassle swim too. Was in a lane on my tobler, three lads when to get in, After two lengths they moved to a slower lane. A damning indictment of my pool in the mornings when I'm the fastest swimmer.

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    That makes me sad and scared for the sport. If weak swimmers are allowed to swim, there will be a dumbing down of the swim section and the kind of fluorescent bouy nonsense mentioned in this thread.

This comment on another thread reminded me of something Coach said to me at the weekend "While I or others might get away with 2 swims a week you are a weak swimmer Dave and need to swim 3-4 times a week".

I paused and was about to say "Hey I am a reasonable if not good swimmer". Then I realised that I only thought that because I'm comparing myself to people on boards. In reality I am a poor swimmer with inferior technique, inferior fitness and and pi$$ poor flexibility. Like anything acceptance of the problem is the first step to resolving.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This comment on another thread reminded me of something Coach said to me at the weekend "While I or others might get away with 2 swims a week you are a weak swimmer Dave and need to swim 3-4 times a week".

I paused and was about to say "Hey I am a reasonable if not good swimmer". Then I realised that I only thought that because I'm comparing myself to people on boards. In reality I am a poor swimmer with inferior technique, inferior fitness and and pi$$ poor flexibility. Like anything acceptance of the problem is the first step to resolving.

WHY ARE YOU PICKING ON ME? WHY???????

;)

I've done an amazing job of avoiding hard running the last while. A variant of on/off today at lunch that I enjoyed.

Week 36 in review

Sundays cycle was nice, early so it was fresh but the roads were calm. SRMs acted up for first 1:15 so that data is junk. I knew it was a magnet placement issue but the new moto is "Use technology when it works, ignore it when it doesn't" as I had a habit of getting obsession with hardware failures. Stopped for a pee, poked the magnet and that fixed it.

Anyways

Swim Time: 2:00
    Swim Dist: 4800m
    Bike Time: 3:16
    Bike Dist: 83km
    Run Time: 2:11
    Run Dist: 26km
    Total time: 7:27

My most consistent week in years. Enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Stook 5km Dash Kilkenny Sunday, 22 November 2015 - 12:00pm

?

• Advertisement

Kurt_Godel wrote: »

?

Highlighted for you

Aware 10km, mid December

?

Highlighted for you

Sure Kilkenny is just down the road?
    Aware 10km, mid December

That's in Dublin, right?

I'll compromise with the Aware 5km?

I'll compromise with the Aware 5km?

Feck it the 10k is grand, lets do that.

It's in December so you'll have long forgotten this recent burst of training enthusiasm ;)

A very testing week last week (figuratively). One of the worst weeks of my life to date.
    A testing week this week (literally). Sub max run and bike tests. Will be good to get some performance benckmarks

Settled on target races for next year.
    Camlough in June.
    Lost Sheep at the end of the summer.

Love both the races. Should be fun!

AeT test at lunch.
    Not great results, fat and unfit. 4:55 average pace for 157bpm

Tomorrows bike test is different and I'm curious as how to interpret the results given its format.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

What's the format of the bike test?

pgibbo wrote: »
    What's the format of the bike test?

Intervals. Suspect looking at fatigue point.

Intervals. Suspect looking at fatigue point.

So I asked and I couldn't have been more wrong... Always an if you don't understand. How else you learn.

• Advertisement

Settled on target races for next year.
    Camlough in June.
    Lost Sheep at the end of the summer.

Love both the races. Should be fun!

Got a few emails about these races and why.

Camlough cause it rocks. Its got brutal hills on bike and run and as a runner more than anything that suits me.

Lost Sheep because its a half and I like the race. I love the half distance too. Given only a year to prepare and the topology of the course not going to break my half ironman PB(4:11) but will aim to go as fast as my body will allow me on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Got a few emails about these races and why.

Camlough cause it rocks. Its got brutal hills on bike and run and as a runner more than anything that suits me.

Lost Sheep because its a half and I like the race. I love the half distance too. Given only a year to prepare and the topology of the course not going to break my half ironman PB(4:11) but will aim to go as fast as my body will allow me on the day!

that's a serious half PB Mr T. what course did you do that on?

Pmaldini wrote: »

It was an olympic, ya know the way the mini is a 'marathon' these days ;)

Pmaldini wrote: »

Lisbon - good few years ago.
    AKW wrote: »
    It was an olympic, ya know the way the mini is a 'marathon' these days ;)

Careful now or I go shop in Elverys :)

Test postponed. Some thing came up.Tomorrow

While the test didn't happen an "easy" swim with Bambatta did. My years of not swimming were clearly shown up when compared with someone who has swam consistently for years. Still pushed myself harder so I may join a masters session (a real one, not one that dicks about with crossfit and the like :) )

You've ignored your core for the past 5 years now... why change the habit of a lifetime? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

latest?cb=20150125210403

mossym wrote: »
    latest?cb=20150125210403

Have to have an alert system for these popcorn threads ;)

• Advertisement

You've ignored your core for the past 5 years now... why change the habit of a lifetime? :)

Yup, my lack of planking is really going to screw me in the new triathlon format next year

Swim, plank, bike, plank, run, plank, flash abs, and finishing with a flurry of high fives and chest bumps.

Advertisement