Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My God, it's full of stars!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

tunney wrote: »
    swim_tt.png

The '40' your age group?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

sconhome wrote: »
    The '40' your age group?

Nah, first 50m was 39.9 seconds, or far far too fast. Tango was shouting at me at the turn to back off. I did but alot of the damage already done.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Thats a good showing for a man who eschews the classical guidance that one must get wet often in order to improve one's swimming.

One must learn to pace!!!

Lots of potential here tho. Good stroke. Just get wet more.

wk_08_goals_01.png

Check point

Good going on the run. A decent bike at the weekend should get you there almost.

• Advertisement

A month or so ago my ANT+ stick when missing. I gave the wife stick over losing it. As it wasn't in any of the places I would leave it. I am quite OCD about where things are stored. She denied it, I insisted. Eventually she agreed she threw it out. I bought a new one,

I found the original one yesterday down the back of a drawer with aload of other crap and I remembered fecking it all in there.

Whoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

A month or so ago my ANT+ stick when missing. I gave the wife stick over losing it. As it wasn't in any of the places I would leave it. I am quite OCD about where things are stored. She denied it, I insisted. Eventually she agreed she threw it out. I bought a new one,

I found the original one yesterday down the back of a drawer with aload of other crap and I remembered fecking it all in there.

Whoops.

..... which only proves the point that women are always right ;)

..... which only proves the point that women are always right ;)

Nope that she lost it, found it, and was cunning enough to stash it so it looked like I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Nope that she lost it, found it, and was cunning enough to stash it so it looked like I was wrong.

She deserves respect then for thinking like a man :D

She deserves respect then for thinking like a man :D

And this will be the ultimate test of whether she reads this or not. If I get a b0ll0cking then she does, if not then she doesn't.

• Advertisement

And this will be the ultimate test of whether she reads this or not. If I get a b0ll0cking then she does, if not then she doesn't.

Or she's cute enough to read it and say nothing until the time comes when you forgot you wrote it and then you get trouble ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Whoops.

You've just described about 95% of all arguments I have with my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

wk_08_goals_01.png

Check point

Well, how did we go??

11.7/230/47 for me. Meat Loaf

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

BTH wrote: »
    Well, how did we go??

that took a second. was wondering why what you'd do for love but not that had to do with tri training

BTH wrote: »
    Well, how did we go??

Lets look forward not backwards.

What has happened, happened.
    We are where we are.
    No point crying over split milk.

So time to focus on the future and in order to best do that a checkpoint of where I am now

Weight : 79.1kg
    Body fat % : 19.1%

400m TT : 6:15
    sFTP : 250
    mFTP : 239
    Easy run pace : 5:00 per km
    Long run distance : 20km

Those are the numbers but what about the softer side.
    I've changed job. I'm in much better form and I'm truly motivated to train and get fit. Mores the point I am enjoying it all. I'm not doing alot but I'm ready to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

A quick google tells me mFTP is your FTP based on a model using training peaks and sFTP is user defined based on TSS. Any advantage of one over the other? Or even compared to an FTP test?

Monday 29th February 2016

Easy run at lunch
    Dist: 6.24km
    AHR: 147bpm
    APace: 4:52
    ACad: 177spm
    rTSS: 51.5

Left rec fem is not fantastic. Mood was sh1te and reflected in the run, weather was fvcking pants too.

Club swim
    Time: 0:45
    Dist: 1900
    sTSS: 55
    A threshold set, was nice to swim in a pool that has cold water and as always appreciative of the on deck feedback.

joey100 wrote: »
    A quick google tells me mFTP is your FTP based on a model using training peaks and sFTP is user defined based on TSS. Any advantage of one over the other? Or even compared to an FTP test?

TSS is based on sFTP not the other way around.

I'm still playing with the new software but I am finding the mFTP interesting as it basically does a static analysis of your last 30 days training and works off that.

I think you need both and not just one. mFTP would blow the "I'm going to skip the T5" or the "2x8 is accurate enough" out of the water I think.

Still learning the new stuff in WKO4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

I'm ready to start!

Starting hasn't been any problem to you over the past few years; consistency however...!!!

Best of luck- do you have any races planned before Barca?

• Advertisement

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Starting hasn't been any problem to you over the past few years; consistency however...!!!

Best of luck- do you have any races planned before Barca?

Joey Hannon
    Challenge Galway Half
    Carlow Sprint

Toying with Dublin 70.30 as the rest of the club doing it but oh my god what a terrible route.

Maybe mourne and DCT too.

June by and large out for racing, sh1t going on that month. A light race calendar this year (although more than I have done since 2010)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

Joey Hannon
    Challenge Galway Half
    Carlow Sprint

Toying with Dublin 70.30 as the rest of the club doing it but oh my god what a terrible route.

June by and large out for racing, sh1t going on that month. A light race calendar this year (although more than I have done since 2010)

You can fcuk right off, you're not welcome ;)

As race safety officer I will do my best to have the swim modified to a 25m downstream affair just for you and Kurt.

I believe in starts. Once you have the start, the rest is inevitable. Joey The Lips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

griffin100 wrote: »

As race safety officer I will do my best to have the swim modified to a 25m downstream affair just for you and Kurt.

Good place for a race, the only downside its liable to be changed to downstream only again to suit non-swimmers.

Who has the final call on swim cancelations/curtailments, the TI officials or the race safety officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

TI official has ultimate say so on swim. Last years rejig was as much to do with low temperature as strong flow - strong flow equals more time in the water, which when it's very cold can lead to problems. This years course is the same as the 750m Barrrow Swim from last summer so less of an upstream swim.

I'm very much of the opinion that if you turn up for an ow tri in May in a river you're gonna have to SIU, it's gonna be cold and dark and likely fast flowing.

U7mLa2Dh.jpg

Instruments of torture.

Rec fem issues meant a painful cycle home and a postponed turbo. Hopefully released enough now.

Week ten checkin:

Weight : 80.2 kg
    Body fat % : 19.8%

mFTP : 239
    Ramp rate : -1.0
    ATL : 16
    CTL : 43
    TSB : 25

A fecking disaster of a week. As shown by the horrible numbers. The implements of torture did not help with my rec fem and not only did training become an impossibility but I was in constant pain. An visit for some work on the leg got rid of the constant pain but I need another session tonight before I can be confident of proper training. I'll test it at lunch today though.

So nothing done :(

Rec fem seemed okay Friday so gave it two more days and back at it yesterday.
    Held up on the ride to work, ran at lunch and was fine. The high torque, low cadence cycle home wasn't as nice as I would like though. Replacing my fixie with a steel framed commuter so that will help once it arrives. I considered buying in Ireland from a b'n'm but the value was shocking and zero value add - the amount of people I have seen and heard of recently being mis-sold bike sizes is shocking. Anyways will be a week or two before I have it so need to leave an extra 5 minutes for commuting each way.

Club swim session. main set 6x100 off 5 minutes. I queried the typo in the set. Nope not a typo, each one was to be close to pb for 100m. Puked after the session in a bin.

See how today goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Joey Hannon
    Challenge Galway Half
    Carlow Sprint

Challenge Galway is in June ted. :P

Carlow is a gem of a sprint, see you there.

Agreed on Dublin 70.3, but it was actually a really good novelty to be on closed roads in the city, but up past phoenix park defo left better routes out there.
    Best part of the course is prob the first 20k on novelty alone.

Fazz wrote: »
    Challenge Galway is in June ted. :P

Carlow is a gem of a sprint, see you there.

Agreed on Dublin 70.3, but it was actually a really good novelty to be on closed roads in the city, but up past phoenix park defo left better routes out there.
    Best part of the course is prob the first 20k on novelty alone.

You might see me on the run as you are loading your car to go home after the race. I am in shape, but that shape is roundy.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Club swim session. main set 6x100 off 5 minutes. I queried the typo in the set. Nope not a typo, each one was to be close to pb for 100m. Puked after the session in a bin.

That set has been in the swim sessions a few times over the last couple of months. Haven't quite got around to trying it yet with my limited swim time..disappointed to miss actually when I saw it, would be good to do with the motivation of a group.

Advertisement