Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo's next console)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Both, but going to have to wait for both too, as I'm on Android!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm 99% Android, but I have an ipad. Easiest tenner I'll ever spend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Star Lord wrote: »
    Both, but going to have to wait for both too, as I'm on Android!

Same here. Have they even mentioned an Android release or date?

Fair play to Nintendo for showing off the Switch, that'll keep the hype machine going. But is Zelda really going to miss the console's launch after showing it like that? That'll annoy a lot of folks. The screen itself looks a little dull from the angle the camera was looking at it, hopefully just a bad angle.

Well played Nintendo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well, guess I know what I'll be watching this evening.
    I know Reggie has been on there at least once a year showing off things like Mario Kart, but it's clear from the fact Miyamoto is there and he seems to be in the States frequently these days that they're getting more serious about the West

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fallon you lucky swine... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Maybe it's just cos I've been in a good mood the last few days, but that Fallon bit was amazing! It really made me confident that Nintendo are thinking of new interesting ways to market this thing. I know that Fallon was playing up for the cameras, but his excitement was still infectious, as was the audience reaction. Good job Reggie!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Worth popping this here. Here's Miyamoto's performance with The Roots

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Len_007

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Worth popping this here. Here's Miyamoto's performance with The Roots

The creativity from that man makes me nauseous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

That tiny little stand that supports the handheld version is just begging to be broken. A 10 year would have it broken off in less than 30 seconds of being handed the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Depends what its made from, I'd say they're expecting it to get flattened the wrong way, sure look at the DS, those lads are pretty hardy but don't look it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It looks like a premium piece of kit to me, probably with a price to match. Anyone handing it to a 10 year old can't complain about bits getting broken off tbh. Give them a controller instead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,589 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Sacred Hero - Official Teaser Trailer

Prepare for an incredible adventure in the RPG „The Sacred Hero“ - Arriving 2018 for PC and Nintendo Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8381cwbD2M

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Some little rumours about the battery life on the Switch being better than first thought, 'up to' 7 or 8 hours is one piece of speculation.

The USB-C connector seems to have been all but confirmed as well, a listing on EB Games Australia for a USB-C lead for the Switch was up for a short time before being taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭Nollog

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Same here. Have they even mentioned an Android release or date?

They said it's coming later because android is hard since its 2000 different device configurations instead of 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Gamestop taking ĺpre orders for the switch.. 499 euro...ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Gamestop taking ĺpre orders for the switch.. 499 euro...ffs

That means absolutely nothing, they don't know the price, so they put anything in to the system so they can take preordered. When it was still the NX it was on the system at a price of around €260 if I remember correctly. The PS4 VR was up there at €999 for a while too. Gamestop deserve a lot of criticism for their pricing, but it should be fair criticism at least!

GAME have the Switch listed for pre order at £999.99. In fairness, it's just a placeholder as they state.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/nintendo-switch-1712269#preorder

Gameseek have it available to pre order for £198.50 with a "Pre-Order Price Guarantee". The thing is though, they take your money straight away and don't tell you what you'll get. It could be the most basic SKU with no game, limited memory, no additional accessories, etc.

https://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Vidww4tgNSwitch/Nintendo-Switch-Console

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

At least the Switch should be an energy efficient home console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Corholio wrote: »
    Some little rumours about the battery life on the Switch being better than first thought, 'up to' 7 or 8 hours is one piece of speculation.
    7 to 8 hours in that form factor? Unless they're using supercapacitors and they're not cheap or even at a mass production level.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

• Advertisement

Irish Halo wrote: »
    7 to 8 hours in that form factor? Unless they're using supercapacitors and they're not cheap or even at a mass production level.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

http://ulefone.com/products/power/spec.html
    My gf has this phone. 24 hours of nonstop Facebook games and phone.

Nintendo can do it in that form factor, even half that would have no problem powering a tegra for 7 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Switch Presentation starts at 4am on January 13th!

15493446_1849812211957138_3991574764886797118_o.jpg?oh=9568a5674c27eb8a8d0b8b1ef0186927&oe=58B52C3E

Ludicrous time for us. But then Europe has always been Nintendo's biggest priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It's not a specific Nintendo issue. Sony's E3 conference always starts at 2am, least long as I've been watching it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It'll be the happiest of birthdays for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

This Friday four weeks.

Not too far!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It'll be the happiest of birthdays for me!

Same.

Come on Ninty, give me some good news so I don't spend another birthday drinking away the misery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Len_007

Yooka-Laylee headed for Switch.
    Little bit disappointed it's not coming to Wii U, as originally intended.

http://switchcountdown.bitballoon.com

Some guy on the subreddit made a cute countdown.

If your pc is old may not want to click.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement