Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo's next console)

Options
1314315316317318320»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Wii U ports would be an easy way to fill empty space in the Switch back catalogue initially. The Ps4 had more than a few in its first year. Once they are handled properly like Gta5 and The Last of Us (Mario Kart looks promising in this regard) then I don't see how they can be a bad thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,556 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd buy Bomberman but 45/49 is waaaay too much.
    Probably wait a month or two and pick it up for €30 or less.
    1,2 Switch I've yet to play, though Cidonalad has had a ball with it.
    That said, his attention is on BotW, as well as Dark Souls, right now.
    Question i suppose is what happens when BotW is finished with...

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

The short term future is a bit light on games alright. I don't really see the appeal of Arms though I seem to be in the minority there. I won't buy Mario Kart again so I'm not sure what's next on my list after Zelda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭shanec1928

finally given in! collecting mine this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 28,925 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Arms needs a demo or something similar to the Splatoon Global Testfire, as that's what sold me on Splatoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Any demo units in the cork area by any chance? Is there even a demo unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Got one of these bad boys on Thursday along with Zelda and Bomberman. Haven't had a Nintendo since the original gameboy but my gosh I am impressed. Zelda is already becoming one of my favourite games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Banjo wrote: »
    You're not being forced to buy ports, no, but if the Switch gets predominantly WiiU ports because "people need to play these games" (and because its quick and cheap to do) then where does that leave WiiU owners with Switches? 2 big releases a year and some overpriced indies? As I said, I recognize that my opinion makes for bad business but I'm selfishly motivated. I want new games and plenty of them, not a shelf full of games I already own repackaged for the 'smart' people who missed them the first time around. I know it won't happen, not until the wave of ports breaks, and I know the wave of ports facilitates that dream of a well stocked new game shelf. But the heart wants what the heart wants. Which is for Non-wiiu owners to burn in the hell of not playing Mariokart 8, Smash U or the first Splatoon

Surely Wii U owners will judge whether the Switch or not is a good fit for them now too though? A lot of the first year has been laid out with more to come at E3, so an informed decision can be made from that from any consumer surely. It's not going to predominantly get Wii U ports of course I am sure, technically there's only been 1 announced anyway (and Zelda if someone is picky), depending on how much of an upgrade Splatoon 2 is. It's also not the usual next gen port situation as been able to use these games portable is a big draw for some.

But yes, I agree on the burning in hell part :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

imitation wrote: »
    Any demo units in the cork area by any chance? Is there even a demo unit?

no official demo units yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

pcadhain wrote: »
    With Mario Kart 8 Deluxe coming out next month, I'm just wondering if we'll see more Wii U ports. Genuinely not trying to be contentious here, just curiousg would people here be happy with that? Personally, Super Mario Maker Deluxe would be perfect for me on the Switch.

I think it would be better to do basic ports and just have them on the eshop. Digital sales are rapidly growing across platforms and it could do no harm to have a better selection of quality titles to choose from. Basic ports shouldn't require a whole lot of work, so in theory it shouldn't have much impact on development of new titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Fast RMX - Digital Foundry.

https://youtu.be/aDAkVPTn8cc

Shin'en really work wonders on whatever hardware they use. The game comes in at under 1gb too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Fast RMX - Digital Foundry.

https://youtu.be/aDAkVPTn8cc

Shin'en really work wonders on whatever hardware they use. The game comes in at under 1gb too.

also

From what we understand, there is a small issue with the current firmware on Switch which causes a slight drain on GPU resources - once corrected, we're told that Fast RMX should sustain a full 1080p in docked mode.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-fast-rmx-showcases-switches-power-over-wii-u

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Locking this one up now, as it's almost 10,000 posts, and we have a couple of other Switch threads! This one was a busy and fun thread though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement