Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Bpmull wrote: »
    Yep Id say it's a complete coincidence that they knew you were interested in buying that car and ended up giving it to you as a loaner :pac:

Ah infairness FBD are generally good to deal with I was with them before I would have went with them this time if they hadn't been 1400 euro more. I find Liberty fairly specially considering I rang them on the first day of the policy to transfer the insurance for 2 weeks.

100% coincidence that it was the only car available this morning :p

After driving 100 km already this morning and it is very nice and smooth to drive.You really wouldnt think that it has the mileage it has! (285,000km)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,559 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I'm going to do a couple of sentences, nothing major. As I'm a language teacher I'm pretty certain I can master the pronunciation quickly. Then again it could all fall apart.
    Try this one first:

http://www.forvo.com/word/wszystkiego_najlepszego/

Last 349536.gif sounds best.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

joujoujou wrote: »
    Try this one first:

http://www.forvo.com/word/wszystkiego_najlepszego/

Last 349536.gif sounds best.

All I can hear is ".... shagoff" :pac:

Unregistered Users

All I can hear is ".... shagoff" :pac:

I'm soooo sorrrrry. 349543.gif

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

100% coincidence that it was the only car available this morning :p

After driving 100 km already this morning and it is very nice and smooth to drive.You really wouldnt think that it has the mileage it has! (285,000km)

You'll buy it yet so :) does it sound smooth as injector seals go on them and you get a ticking noise. Are the gearbox and clutch smooth. If you are genuinely thinking of buying it you need to give the engine a serious check over now while you have it look at each injector make sure around them is clean and dry. Unscrew the pipe going into the side of the turbo you'll see a pointy piece of metal coming out of the centre of the turbo check that for excess play there should be a small amount of play but much but at this stage it must of been replaced. Check all the oil intercooler rubber hoses and coolant pipes. I mean if the engine is as dry as a bone and the car drives well maybe it would be worth taking a chance on.

I suppose it comes down to price how much it costs and how long you would keep it for as it won't ever be worth much once your up over 300k km.

• Advertisement

Checked my tyres there the other day and the front will need replacing soon. I put a full set on in the middle of January. They weren't a great brand however, landsail. I have covered approx 6 or 7k miles since then. That is an awful return from a tyre, even if they aren't a great brand. The back are still ok yet though.

11k km that's is shocking bad they must be some piece of sh!t tyre. Id always get 25k-30k km out of front tyres bridgestone/ goodyear and even at that there would be 2mn plus on them. Even the crap wanli on the front of my focus I got 25k km.

Some how I don't think I'll get as much out of these Pirelli p7 there is 7mm on them now they seem to be a great tyre though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

So I got under the Astra, ready to change the oil, but then I was greeted with this sump plug.

Okay then... not today...

os-055-sump-plug_i80566.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Bpmull wrote: »
    You'll buy it yet so :) does it sound smooth as injector seals go on them and you get a ticking noise. Are the gearbox and clutch smooth. If you are genuinely thinking of buying it you need to give the engine a serious check over now while you have it look at each injector make sure around them is clean and dry. Unscrew the pipe going into the side of the turbo you'll see a pointy piece of metal coming out of the centre of the turbo check that for excess play there should be a small amount of play but much but at this stage it must of been replaced. Check all the oil intercooler rubber hoses and coolant pipes. I mean if the engine is as dry as a bone and the car drives well maybe it would be worth taking a chance on.

I suppose it comes down to price how much it costs and how long you would keep it for as it won't ever be worth much once your up over 300k km.

Im so open minded at the moment about it. I might drop it up to my mechanic tonight and see what he thinks (I know the car is coming from a garage, but I'd like to have this well-trusted mechanic to have a look over it too). The garage also said that they've a Toyota Corolla hatchback coming into stock in the next few weeks so I may be interested in that!

The only positive about the high km on this car is that I know its not clocked :p

Trying to find the right car is stressful.

Unregistered Users

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

the answer to how much bhp is too much

• Advertisement

the answer to how much bhp is too much

This video has the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

GvidoR wrote: »
    This video has the answer.
    It's certainly the answer to "How much boost is too much?"!!

It's certainly the answer to "How much boost is too much?"!!

Well it just shows that there is no such thing as enough power. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Rich bastard. @ supra owner.

What the hell happened the back axel of that muscle car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Psni outside safe causing a huge tailback... Not a f*ck given! :p

Heres to hoping tonight goes well, for brighter things to come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

What's on tonight? Euro vision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

What's on tonight? Euro vision?

A lovely girls competition

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

How much hp do them little glanzas have? One stuck up behind me for ages and ages there. I overtake a car, and progress on. He waits a few seconds and then overtakes the car and speeds right up until he was nearly touching my bumper. Did that 3/4 times? Felt like laying on the brakes...

1.3 turbo Glanzas have ~130hp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

How much hp do them little glanzas have? One stuck up behind me for ages and ages there. I overtake a car, and progress on. He waits a few seconds and then overtakes the car and speeds right up until he was nearly touching my bumper. Did that 3/4 times? Felt like laying on the brakes...

135bhp. they would give much bigger (bhp) cars a run for their money as they are making max bhp at something like 3500rpm and the car only ways as much as a jacobs elite biscuit tin, so keep the car in second and third and you're as agile as a house fly :pac:. that and virtually every irish one has some kind of performance mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Somebody please talk me out of wanting a Reliant Robin..... I think I might get one as my next car if I can, keep looking at them in done deal... Such cool!

166man wrote: »
    Somebody please talk me out of wanting a Reliant Robin..... I think I might get one as my next car if I can, keep looking at them in done deal... Such cool!

If you do get one, get the convertible. :cool:

39147457.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

He'll never need to visit a barber again after buying a convertible Reliant Robin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

135bhp. they would give much bigger (bhp) cars a run for their money as they are making max bhp at something like 3500rpm and the car only ways as much as a jacobs elite biscuit tin, so keep the car in second and third and you're as agile as a house fly :pac:. that and virtually every irish one has some kind of performance mods.

I'd agree with that. We have a 130 G.Punto and it certainly surprises people who decide to go up against it.
    And they aren't the lightest of car either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The fooking Honda has to go back to the fooking garage :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Stheno wrote: »

Oh dear god.... whats up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Have you accidentaly taken my car?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Should've bought an Alfa :p:pac:

Was pulling out of a carpark this evening had the window down heard this terrible loud grinding noise queue the oanick attack and terror as I thought it was my engine turns out it was the barrier closing down behind me :)

@stheno hopefully it's only something small wrong with the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Im so open minded at the moment about it. I might drop it up to my mechanic tonight and see what he thinks (I know the car is coming from a garage, but I'd like to have this well-trusted mechanic to have a look over it too). The garage also said that they've a Toyota Corolla hatchback coming into stock in the next few weeks so I may be interested in that!

The only positive about the high km on this car is that I know its not clocked :p

Trying to find the right car is stressful.

I know that this may seem bonkers - but with some of these "questionable reputation engines" like Renault 1.9 dci and the PSA 1.6 HDI/TDCI id actually almost rather see them with high miles up.

Especially if only 1 driver/owner from new.....

I take the view that the higher milers - the fact they've clocked the miles opens up the possibility that

1) was/is one the good uns - which didn't break - and thus may be okay

or

2) Someones had to fix it before - so hopefully it MAY be okay.

Still wouldn't go out to buy one though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement