Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

YbFocus wrote:
    Noccy I always felt you were a fair age?? I'm totally wrong on this probably!

Well if you consider early-ish 20's a fair age, then right you are! Not long out of the nappies so I ain't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Well if you consider early-ish 20's a fair age, then right you are! Not long out of the nappies so I ain't.

People are not good at guessing ages here sure how long did half the forum think I was 40-50 years old for :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bpmull wrote: »
    People are not good at guessing ages here sure how long did half the forum think I was 40-50 years old for :pac:

Ah well you are just too conservative.

Now the question is, do i start a thread on my new car for me or rtfm?

You become more intolerant as you get older, least I have and having met pred who is even older...............................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

You're not?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Anyone here Polish? I have a wedding and a toast to do on Saturday and it's just hit me I don't know any Polish :o

• Advertisement

You're not?

We can't go through this again :pac: I'm 20 turning 21 in a few months :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You're not?

Apparently not, given a thread he started in AH

@bp is your car really that gold colour and does the licence plate not look funny?

On my part delighted to have a car of my own again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I could have sworn you were older too...! No young lad would have a Golf TDI and keep it as clean as you did! She should have been lowered and straight piped! That'd have gotten some looks in Cark bai, they're mad for that stuff there, a lowered Golf would sit well outside Langtons as well lad!

On a completely unrelated note I had a delicious burger for dinner and toffee pudding for desert this evening, pudding was poor though, very dry and tasteless, washed down with an Italian Peroni though..!

Stheno wrote: »
    Apparently not, given a thread he started in AH

@bp is your car really that gold colour and does the licence plate not look funny?

On my part delighted to have a car of my own again

Just looked at the picture again the car does actually look gold Christ it doesn't look like that in reality it is silver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

That peroni is lovely stuff. Had a great night last summer with a box of it playing wingman.

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »
    I could have sworn you were older too...! No young lad would have a Golf TDI and keep it as clean as you did! She should have been lowered and straight piped! That'd have gotten some looks in Cark bai, they're mad for that stuff there, a lowered Golf would sit well outside Langtons as well lad!

Haha I'll have to go make up for it on this megane so. Cut springs, 20inch alloys, 'dci power' sun strip, tint the sh!t out of the windows, dark blue dips purple front fogs, cover it in offensive stickers, bonnet stripes, double exhaust out of rs250, r250 badge on the back, renault sport bucket seats inside.

Sure if that's not an extra 100bhp I don't know what was.

Also I was on a 21st birthday in langtons nightclub a few weekends ago Christ the place was full to the gills with hen party's some variety of themes the tennis players were my personal favourite. My house is literally a stones throw away from there you couldn't get anymore central if you tried.

166man wrote: »

Haha I'll have to go mad on this megane so. Cut springs, 20inch alloys, 'dci power' sun strip, tint the sh!t out of the windows, dark blue dips purple front fogs, cover it in offensive stickers, bonnet stripes, double exhaust out of rs250, rs250 badge on the back, renault sport bucket seats inside.

Sure if that's not an extra 100bhp I don't know what is.

Also I was on a 21st birthday in langtons nightclub a few weekends ago Christ the place was full to the gills with hen party's some variety of themes the tennis players were my personal favourite. My house is literally a stones throw away from there you couldn't get anymore central if you tried.

We can't go through this again :pac: I'm 20 turning 21 in a few months :)

Sure I'm only 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Anyone here Polish? I have a wedding and a toast to do on Saturday and it's just hit me I don't know any Polish :o

What if you do it in English? Even if you have a sentence on a piece of paper it'll be difficult to pronounce it if you don't know the language.

Anyway, joujoujou is Polish, and I think someone else here was as well.

Sure I'm only 17.

And a qualified Electricien who has since changed careers that would be fairly unlikely I don't know of any 12 yo first year apprentices :pac:

GvidoR wrote:

Yup, I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Sure I'm only 17.

I'm 85!

And a qualified Electricien who has since changed careers that would be fairly unlikely I don't know of any 12 yo first year apprentices :pac:

:P

We've a lad on TY work experience at the moment in work. Was chatting away with him and he pointed out the he was 4 years old when I did my TY work experience :(

:P

We've a lad on TY work experience at the moment in work. Was chatting away with him and he pointed out the he was 4 years old when I did my TY work experience :(

We have TY's in where I am too some in the labs some in maintenance with fitters and electricians they seem to get a handy week out of it. I was lucky to get into the busiest department in the place flat out but I suppose that helps pass the day would be terrible to be in on a 12 hour shift with nothing to do where as this way the day goes quickly.

Yup, I am.

Really? I would have never guessed that.

• Advertisement

I would have said you were 30 I don't know why for some reason I thought you were married obviously mixing you up with another poster.

Should we open a Motors guess the age thread? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

GvidoR wrote: »
    What if you do it in English? Even if you have a sentence on a piece of paper it'll be difficult to pronounce it if you don't know the language.

I'm going to do a couple of sentences, nothing major. As I'm a language teacher I'm pretty certain I can master the pronunciation quickly. Then again it could all fall apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Write it out phonetically and they won't know the difference.

GvidoR wrote:
    Really? I would have never guessed that.

Naa, I joke, 100% Irish.

Bpmull wrote:
    I would have said you were 30 I don't know why for some reason I thought you were married obviously mixing you up with another poster.

Oh crikey. I'll have to start acting my age so. Wait till I go out and straight pipe that focus.

When I was in Spain 2 months ago some of the lads that spoke Spanish were teaching us the basics for going into a shop or whatever. Now I did French for my LC and wasn't even that good at it. But for some reason it all came back to me when I went into a shop so ended up putting a load of phrases together and saying them to the girl behind the counter in French she gave me the worst look and when everyone started pissing laughing I figured out my mistake.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I'm going to do a couple of sentences, nothing major. As I'm a language teacher I'm pretty certain I can master the pronunciation quickly. Then again it could all fall apart.

Write them out, get someone to translate them and then try saying the toast to them and see how you get on.

If you ever need to give a Latvian toast, give me a call. :P

We have TY's in where I am too some in the labs some in maintenance with fitters and electricians they seem to get a handy week out of it. I was lucky to get into the busiest department in the place flat out but I suppose that helps pass the day would be terrible to be in on a 12 hour shift with nothing to do where as this way the day goes quickly.

You're like me so. Like to keep busy. I'm covering an evening shift for this month and it is soul destroying. Working 2:30 to 11. As soon as everyone leaves at 4:30 its just me. Literally me on my own in a big empty factory making sure the few machines we have are running and that's about it. Very trusting managment seen as Im only there since January and now have keys and full access to the whole place. The bosses son pops in the odd time but hasn't since Monday. I feel like Milhouse when he was a night watchman in Bart's factory.

"First it started falling over. Then it fell over."

Actually did an aptitude on Monday for the same job as my last one (orthopaedics) but in a different company. Fingers crossed. I NEED MONEY!

Best of luck with the interview for the new job SG it's a two shift rotation where I work so 7-7 im on days all the time as I'm on placement they wouldn't put me too much into the deep end. But our plant would run the exact same at night as during the day there is effectively no downtime for equipment at the moment only for CIP (clean in place) and the odd bit of maintenance. Sure the weeks are flying by im over 1/4 of the way through my placement and it still feels like I'm just starting.

In other news my dad put a tow bar on the golf. He knew I was dead against them and that Id try and talk Him out of one so he just went of got one fitted it himself and never told me until after. Infairness it's a very neat job. But I never understand his obsession with tow bars he was trying to put one on the octavia too at one stage. The octavia is still in getting fixed since last Friday will be done some time next early week so mum is driving the golf as my dad is working abroad at the moment so it would be just sitting up anyway. Took her a while to master the auto electronic handbrake and stop start but she is getting used to it. Infairness he has it minded like a baby doesn't even eat in it.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Took the car out for a drive, seems good, there is an intermittent somewhere in the back and I'm getting used to the way the autobox shifts up

Have to go to Cavan tomorrow so that'll be a good test

Garage serviced it and replaced the front and rear brakes

Meant to say it a few pages back best of luck with the new car it's great to see you got it. Nice to get it on a good long road trip. I'm bringing mine to athlone then ballinasloe on Friday to visit family and for a party so it will be my first longish trip in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement