Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Couples.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

As in neo nazi?

No, neo as in the matrix. How do you even leave the house with that crushing persecution complex?

Manage to stall enough time to find a reason that isn't religion, misinformation or prejudice and instead based on actual facts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Cuban Pete

Keep going with the insults/suggestions/bullying,lads.Im sure it will make for fascinating reading for the undecided.

You say that as if they can't read your posts too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Pedro Gonzalez

No, neo as in the matrix. How do you even leave the house with that crushing persecution complex?

Manage to stall enough time to find a reason that isn't religion, misinformation or prejudice and instead based on actual facts?
    I suppose you would stone me to death,if you got the chance,wouldn't ya?

I'm going to bow out of this thread now as I'm fighting battles on numerous fronts.

I'll say one thing for the gays and their servants-you people make the Shinnerbots look like junior infants.

I can't be swayed on this and will vote no.

when the referendum is passed,I hope you will all reflect on your bullying,name calling and general hysteria.

The things that gays often accuse hetero people of displaying towards them.

Delicious Irony.

Your friend,

Pedro x

I suppose you would stone me to death,if you got the chance,wouldn't ya?

Nah, I would rather talk to the stones. May create a more intelligent conversation.

• Advertisement

I'm going to bow out of this thread now as I'm fighting battles on numerous fronts.

I'll say one thing for the gays and their servants-you people make the Shinnerbots look like junior infants.

when the referendum is passed,I hope you will all reflect on your bullying,name calling and general hysteria.

The things that gays often accuse hetero people of displaying towards them.

Delicious Irony.

Your friend,

Pedro x

Ah so you don't like people who use their right to vote for SF. Pot meet kettle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

You're a psychic as well,I see.
    Is there no end to your talents?

I can't dance, that's about it.

so long, no doubt another (or not) will be along shortly.

Nah, I would rather talk to the stones. May create a more intelligent conversation.

Why don't you fly off back to your crypt now.The sun has come up.

Why don't you fly off back to your crypt now.The sun has come up.

this is good material. you have an older sister helping you out?

this is good material. you have an older sister helping you out?
    So what if I do,you'd hardly be interested in her anyway.
    Unless you want to talk about shoes or something.

• Advertisement

So what if I do,you'd hardly be interested in her anyway.
    Unless you want to talk about shoes or something.

Why would i be talking to your sister about shoes?

Why would i be talking to your sister about shoes?
    I presume you are a gay man?

I presume you are a gay man?

why would you pressume that?

why would you pressume that?
    Your username,maybe?

Mod

Cop on lads, seriously. If you can't have an adult discussion then step away from the keyboard. The insults are flying in all directions, any more and they'll be actioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Will you just stop with this,please?
    I never in my life said anything hurtful to a gay/lesbian and in fact,the opposite is true.
    I had a right session with a pair of lesbians over in Galway years ago.One of them was fairly hostile at the start but she warmed up eventually.

When did I ever say you did:confused: You have repeatedly said that gays are playing up the amount of abuse they got when you obviously have no clue. Thats what I have an issue with. I never said you were homophobic, but its extremely rude to tell a marginalised group that they don't have it as bad as they think they do.

No I don't and I've no issue with gay people either,believe it or not.
    But I'm going to vote no as a protest against this campaign.
    It's not a balanced debate and there's an over saturation of one sides viewpoint.It's sickening.

Why should it be a balanced debate? What reasons do the no side have for wanting us not to have the same rights as them? Why should anyone even be deciding whether we are allowed to have rights in the first place/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Again, you mean.
    You can't be swayed again.
    Remember the whole you having being swayed thing that was your..........oh never mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Again, you mean.
    You can't be swayed again.

I think he may have let something slip. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

bb1234567 wrote: »
    When did I ever say you did:confused: You have repeatedly said that gays are playing up the amount of abuse they got when you obviously have no clue.

Depends upon your perspective bb. For example, you're a white, able-bodied male? That puts you in three majority groups. Being gay only puts you in one minority group.

Even your use of language where you refer to 'gays' is offensive to some people. I understand you don't mean it intentionally, but you're probably unaware of a rather well known albeit contentious concept called People-first language. It's one of the reasons why people will get a bit tetchy when people refer to 'gays' or 'the gays', etc, because it's dehumanizing.

It's very naive to think there aren't some people who are LGBT who actually do play up their minority group status, and it does get tiresome for some people to listen to because they come across as having a lack of self-awareness to think of anyone but themselves and their minority group status.

You asked me earlier who are the most "at risk" group of self-harm and suicide, and the best answer I can give you is that you can present statistics in any way you want to make your point. It simply depends on how you choose to present those statistics - break down a person, label them accordingly, put them in whatever group you choose. You're simply dehumanizing people to suit your agenda.

Thats what I have an issue with. I never said you were homophobic, but its extremely rude to tell a marginalised group that they don't have it as bad as they think they do.

I don't think it's rude to remind a person that they have it better in more ways than other people, who are in a marginalised group in another way. It simply depends upon who you're talking to, and that's why sometimes it can be difficult to have these sorts of discussions on the internet among individuals, because none of us have any idea of what difficulties and challenges or experiences another person faces or has faced in their lives that have coloured their perspective and had them form the opinions they hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

In Turkey all the lads hold hands, give a peck on the cheek, arm on another lads shoulder.

IMO it's just not a common thing to see two people of the same gender holding hands/being physically close, I don't think its just that they are gay, its more that people of the same gender in Ireland holding hands happen to be gay.

E.G. If I walked up to an Irish girl in Ireland and gave her the Dutch three pecks on the cheek it could go either way.

In short, I think all lads should hold hands walking around the streets, then there would be no differentiation.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

efb wrote: »
    Love the word "normal"
    Are you one of these that can't grasp the definition of the word? Heterosexual couples are normal relationships because they are the typical relationship found amongst humans. Doesn't mean homosexuality is bad or inferior - just that it is the minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Btrippn

Intifada wrote: »
    Are you one of these that can't grasp the definition of the word? Heterosexual couples are normal relationships because they are the typical relationship found amongst humans. Doesn't mean homosexuality is bad or inferior - just that it is the minority.

I think extraordinary is an appropriate alternative :P

In Turkey all the lads hold hands, give a peck on the cheek, arm on another lads shoulder.

IMO it's just not a common thing to see two people of the same gender holding hands/being physically close, I don't think its just that they are gay, its more that people of the same gender in Ireland holding hands happen to be gay.

E.G. If I walked up to an Irish girl in Ireland and gave her the Dutch three pecks on the cheek it could go either way.

In short, I think all lads should hold hands walking around the streets, then there would be no differentiation.

Funny, thats interesting. Never would have thought turkey would be like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Btrippn

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Funny, thats interesting. Never would have thought turkey would be like that!

Here in Tokyo it's quite rare to see straight couples being affectionate. What's even more uncommon is meeting an openly gay native.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Btrippn wrote: »
    Here in Tokyo it's quite rare to see straight couples being affectionate. What's even more uncommon is meeting an openly gay native.

Be careful what you wish for,you could have "Hard Gay" chasing you down the street with a leather paddle tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Turkey is not far from Greece you see. Where gaynessness was invented. It was bound to rub off on them. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Intifada wrote: »

It's a loaded word . Most common would be more correct

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think my dog's gay.
    He seems to prefer his Pal to his Lassie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I do and I still talk to whoever i'm sitting beside. Don't care what or who they are either.

Hate that. Long distance rail commuter. Shhhh.

Advertisement