Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Couples.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I hear ya brother and I feel your pain.
    I don't want to chop any gays up tho,just maybe get them to pipe down for a while and give us poor breeders some peace.

I don't see how people raising awareness of discrimination against gay people is annoying though, especially to the extent to want to deny gay people the right to marry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Pedro Gonzalez

I don't see how people raising awareness of discrimination against gay people is annoying though, especially to the extent to want to deny gay people the right to marry.
    According to recent polls the referendum will easily pass,so I don't understand the almost constant barrage of pro-homo propaganda around,tbh.
    An example is this site-type "gay" into the search bar and you'll get 100,000+ hits.Where as if you put "hetrosexual" into it,you'll get barely 1000.

I've a pain in the hole (pardon the pun) with it and with a bit of luck they'll all ride off into the sunset in a few months when they get hitched.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,864 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

According to recent polls the referendum will easily pass,so I don't understand the almost constant barrage of pro-homo propaganda around,tbh.
    An example is this site-type "gay" into the search bar and you'll get 100,000+ hits.Where as if you put "hetrosexual" into it,you'll get barely 1000.

I've a pain in the hole (pardon the pun) with it and with a bit of luck they'll all ride off into the sunset in a few months when they get hitched.

Spelling heterosexual correctly might bump up the number of results for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

Got to admit after reading a few of these threads, I'm beginning to wonder if anyone can do gay outrage quite like the er, straight dudes.

By "pro-homo propoganda," do you mean campaigning for and commenting a major referendum to allow gay people the right to marriage for the first time?

I can understand them wanting to achieve this historic landmark, but couldn't they do it in private, behind closed doors where we don't all have to be aware of their campaigning and reporting of continued discrimination?

• Advertisement

Spelling heterosexual correctly might bump up the number of results for you.
    Sorry,should have typed in "breeders" instead.
    Isn't that what certain members of your community refer to us as?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,864 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm straight, actually. The only time I've ever heard the term "breeders" being used by LGBT people as an insult as a retaliation against a homophobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

I'm straight, actually. The only time I've ever heard the term "breeders" being used by LGBT people as an insult as a retaliation against a homophobe.

Seeing as you are an expert, please explain what the insult means.

By "pro-homo propoganda," do you mean campaigning for and commenting a major referendum to allow gay people the right to marriage for the first time?

I can understand them wanting to achieve this historic landmark, but couldn't they do it in private, behind closed doors where we don't all have to be aware of their campaigning and reporting of continued discrimination?
    Moo-you're only dripping with sarky vibes.
    What's your angle?
    Do I have to have a root through your posts to get a handle on ya or will you nail your colours to the mast?

Moo-you're only dripping with sarky vibes.
    What's your angle?
    Do I have to have a root through your posts to get a handle on ya or will you nail your colours to the mast?

Ooh, you've figured me out! All right, I'll come clean...

... I'm not homophobic!!

Phew!! there, I said it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Don't know why gay prides bother people.
    Just avoid town on that day.

Ooh, you've figured me out! All right, I'll come clean...

... I'm not homophobic!!

Phew!! there, I said it!
    Well good for you,Mr.Moo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Ive become a homophobe.

Not because of what they do in the bedroom,but because of the fact that you cant turn on the TV,browse the net or even open a fuc*ing paper now without one of them bitching about how society doesn't love them.
    I hope this vote gets passed because the hoors will go into meltdown if it doesn't.

Sorry if us trying to gain the same rights as you puts in on your day

wtf..nobody calls straight people that. That would be like the worst insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Nothing like a gay thread yo get the blood boiling. It was asked a few pages back by a few posters. Why should we be proud of being gay? Its quite simple really. How many lgbt teens commit suicide because they are ashamed to come out? How many lgbt people were told to "man up" (really hate the phrase BTW) before killing themselves?

We show pride so others can see there is nothing wrong with being gay. We show pride so teens can see it will get better. But most importantly, to me, I show pride because l like our community. I'm proud of it.

I won't be quiet until we are equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Its less noticeable because gays are the minority in society.

Personally I've seen a few same sex couples holding hands, shifting on nights out, last summer I even saw two girls lying on Trinity Green eating the face of one another and to me they're all the same as heterosexual couples, just two people who love one another and that's all that matters.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Sorry if us trying to gain the same rights as you puts in on your day
    I accept your apology and best of luck with the referendum.

Rory28 wrote: »
    Nothing like a gay thread yo get the blood boiling. It was asked a few pages back by a few posters. Why should we be proud of being gay? Its quite simple really. How many lgbt teens commit suicide because they are ashamed to come out? How many lgbt people were told to "man up" (really hate the phrase BTW) before killing themselves?

We show pride so others can see there is nothing wrong with being gay. We show pride so teens can see it will get better. But most importantly, to me, I show pride because l like our community. I'm proud of it.

you're playing low balls there,horse!
    Don't be such a drama queen.

I don't take suicide lightly.

The ooze of hetero privilege coming from this thread makes me want to be sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Well if you're not going to be quiet, at least be armed with the facts.

Suicide hasn't been a criminal offence since 1993, so the term to 'commit suicide' no longer applies.

Was the question rhetorical, or do you actually have any figures to hand. I assume you at least are armed with that information if as you say yourself, take suicide seriously.

Call me cynical, but it pisses me off when people bandy around suicide, soapboxing and pushing their own agenda, or did you think you're the only person who gives a damn?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I don't take suicide lightly.

Neither does everyone else.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    The ooze of hetero privilege coming from this thread makes me want to be sick
    The whiff of homosexual persecution complex makes me want to shout out "ah for fu*k sake,not again"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I live in Dublin so quite a bit. I know of a few gay couples that live in small villages who are involved in their local community.

Well if you're not going to be quiet, at least be armed with the facts.

Suicide hasn't been a criminal offence since 1993, so the term to 'commit suicide' no longer applies.

Was the question rhetorical, or do you actually have any figures to hand. I assume you at least are armed with that information if as you say yourself, take suicide seriously.

Call me cynical, but it pisses me off when people bandy around suicide, soapboxing and pushing their own agenda, or did you think you're the only person who gives a damn?

You're cynical. Would you like links to the depressing reality of irish lgbt suicide rates? A simple Google search and you will have all you need.

The whiff of homo persecution complex makes me want to shout out "ah for fu*k sake,not again"

Unfortunately its not a complex but what many gay people suffer everyday. Though you wouldn't care about that.

You're cynical. Would you like links to the depressing reality of irish lgbt suicide rates? A simple Google search and you will have all you need.

I'm aware of the statistics already thanks. I don't need google when I have access to a breakdown of the Irish figures first hand, not just for LGBT youth demographics, but across all sections of Irish society.

I'm aware of the statistics already thanks. I don't need google when I have access to a breakdown of the Irish figures first hand, not just for LGBT youth demographics, but across all sections of Irish society.

What? Good for you?

Lux23 wrote: »
    I live in Dublin so quite a bit. I know of a few gay couples that live in small villages who are involved in their local community.
    As they are perfectly entitled and right to do.
    There's a few of them on here that could do with a few days shovelling some flower beds,mixing with the straights and sprucing up their villages.
    They might change their attitudes then when they realise not everyone wants to chuck them into a mincer.

• Advertisement

What? Good for you?

Yes, it is, because it allows me to remain objective when someone comes out with ridiculous comments about suicide just to add some measure of validity to their opinion.

Advertisement