Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is this forum so liberal/far left wing?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

random1337 wrote: »
    So we have evolved to become all these different sub-races with different unique traits and physical features.
    Mixing us all back together sounds like devolution to me.

You also dont understand evolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭user53

Nodin wrote: »
    What has that do with anything?

People were having a go at OP for not wanting Ireland to be a 'Muslim colony' like Britain. So I presume that's what the people want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

efb wrote: »
    Is the politics forum not overrun with shinnerbots???
    It's notable that on the Politics forum, a disparaging term like 'shinnerbots' is an acceptable part of debate - yet any similar term to any other political subgroup seems to be viewed quite dimly.

Take a look at any economic-related thread there though - it's near-universally populated by people backing status-quo/neoliberal economic views; overwhelmingly so. Serious lack of diversity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭random1337

Try the Christianity or Conspiracy forum, seems a bit less librul there. What is with people hating on immigration though or equating it with being left wing? Most successful states throughout history embraced immigration (Roman Empire, the good ol' US). An immigration policy based on racism is the dummest thing you can do as it shuts your country off to a multitude of talents which only serve to enrich it. Btw I'm not talking about a "lets flood the country with Muslims" type of policy, more of a "selective open doors" approach which Australia seems to adopt.

The Roman Empire collapsed when it opened it's borders, the same thing happened in Babylon. Even modern studies show than Multiculturalism = confusion and always descends into chaos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

You realise that at one stage Finns were not considered properly "white"?

On a completely unrelated note, can I measure the bumps in your skull?

At one stage only 2 or 3 countries in Europe ( and their colonies ) were considered White.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

So we have evolved to become all these different sub-races with different unique traits and physical features.
    Mixing us all back together sounds like devolution to me.

nonononononono

Its intelligent design according to those christian values. God wills it.
    The Roman Empire collapsed when it opened it's borders, the same thing happened in Babylon. Even modern studies show than Multiculturalism = confusion and always descends into chaos.

Was it the same for the mongol empire as well?

Im pretty sure there were problems due to controlling vast areas so when **** went down it was difficult to do damage control but sure, multiculturalism. They were doing fine before they become Christian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

user53 wrote: »
    People were having a go at OP for not wanting Ireland to be a 'Muslim colony' like Britain. So I presume that's what the people want?

Britain isn't a "muslim colony". Secondly a muslim is an adherent to a religion, so theres no reason they can't be British and muslim.

You also dont understand evolution.

Enlighten me with what your Sociology professor taught you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

syklops wrote: »
    -Believe Gender is a social construct - What?

I know, right?! This thread has been a howl from start to finish. Started laughing at "Gender is a social construct" (As it happens though, Gender Bias is a social construct. Perhaps the OP meant that....) and now we're at war with Nigeria!?!

My Nigerian girlfriend will be as upset as me :confused:. We shall discuss this over tea once we've got through the obligatory being nice to each other ("And how is your man? and your children? and your mother and father, they are both well? and your sister in law is better I hope?") as Irish and Nigerian women do.....

At one stage only 2 or 3 countries in Europe ( and their colonies ) were considered White.

random 1337 doesnt look that old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Number of Muslims in Britain.
    2001-1.65M
    2010-2.87M
    (couldn't find more recent info)
    Suppose you all think it would be good if this happen to Ireland? Multiculturalism and all.

I await our new Muslim overlords, the angelus being replaced by the call to prayer, and other such non-specific atrocities :eek:

Is that your standard answer when you can't come up with anything else?

nonononononono

Its intelligent design according to those christian values. God wills it.

90% of technological advacement came from Anglo-Saxons - Germany, England and later America. Even I'm man enough to admit that they have superior intellect to Celts/Slavs on average. No not all ethnicities or people are born EQUAL. There is a reason that the Aboriginals in Australia had not discovered the wheel when Europeans landed there a few centuries ago. Let's not sugar-coat things.

Britain isn't a "muslim colony". Secondly a muslim is an adherent to a religion, so theres no reason they can't be British and muslim.

Its becoming one though, and yes but British Muslims have a completely different mindset than the general public of Britain, British people have begun disliking Muslims go onto the Mirror Facebook page and read comments on any post to do with Muslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Funny that its only people with dark skin you have issues with. The biggest imigrant group in this country are dirty soccer and rugby playing proddy brits!!!!
    No issues with them?

Ah jaysus, don't forget the Cricket! I'm moithered with trying to learn the rules. 4 years with an English cricket-fan bf and I'm only just getting the hang of it. Silly-mid-off indeed. The dirty bastreds coming over here and confusing us :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

You realise that at one stage Finns were not considered properly "white"?

On a completely unrelated note, can I measure the bumps in your skull?

I'm represent'n! :D

Is that your standard answer when you can't come up with anything else?

You didn't give a counter-argument you just said I was wrong.

Im a theatre teccie with a leaving cert. I just know what evolution is at what genetic diversity is.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yep, it's pretty clear that you don't understand the first thing about biology.
    But then again that's the prerogative of the far right.

Its becoming one though, and yes but British Muslims have a completely different mindset than the general public of Britain, British people have begun disliking Muslims go onto the Mirror Facebook page and read comments on any post to do with Muslims.

*splutter......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

From reading this forum I can see common themes re-occurring:

-Pro-Multiculturalism
    -Anti traditional Christian values
    -Against pride in their heritage/culture/traditions (white guilt)
    -Believe Gender is a social construct
    -Pro Gay-marriage

Btw, I am not stating whether I am for or against any of the above, I am just stating the general consensus this forum follows and wondering why.

Also do you think this forum typically represents the mindset of modern Irish youth?

Mainly young and naive.

Most Muslims in Britain are Arab, you know what I'm talking about when I say Muslims.

You didn't give a counter-argument you just said I was wrong.

You seem to promote a racist ideology, therefore you are entirely wrong by default, yes.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's because the brothers that own this place are liberals, so they appoint liberal admins and moderators.

Well I've never met, or even spoke on Boards with either of the Fallon brothers. Nor have most, if not all of the other admins I'd imagine. They have absolutely zero involvement with the selection of mods, CMods or even admins, the ultimate decision to appoint new ones at all levels rests with the admins. But let's not let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy theory, eh?

Most Muslims in Britain are Arab, you know what I'm talking about when I say Muslims.

Since when?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

You still haven't explained what you mean by "plastic paddy shite"

Plastic paddy = someone claiming to be Irish who has very tenuous links to Irishness in the first place, and then passing off their views as representative of ALL Irish people.

Ironically, plastic paddies usually spout the finest grade of anti-Irishness imaginable.

*splutter......

so i guess you have no argument left?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

From reading this forum I can see common themes re-occurring:

-Pro-Multiculturalism
    -Anti traditional Christian values
    -Against pride in their heritage/culture/traditions (white guilt)
    -Believe Gender is a social construct
    -Pro Gay-marriage

Btw, I am not stating whether I am for or against any of the above, I am just stating the general consensus this forum follows and wondering why.

Also do you think this forum typically represents the mindset of modern Irish youth?

It's a PC world we live in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Exactly, you can walk around with a Che Guevara T-shirt and nothing will happen you. Do the same with a Hitler shirt/wear a Swastika and you will be on the news + lose your job, friends

There aren't enough words to express the sheer :confused: at this post.

• Advertisement

newmug wrote: »
    Plastic paddy = someone claiming to be Irish who has very tenuous links to Irishness in the first place, and then passing off their views as representative of ALL Irish people.

Ironically, plastic paddies usually spout the finest grade of anti-Irishness imaginable.

So in the context of this forum and conversation you were coming out with complete crap then. Grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement