Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is this forum so liberal/far left wing?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭random1337

But Christianity is a recent thing in the history of this island. I personally consider celtic pagans more 'irish' than the middle eastern/ Roman death cult followers.

Oh and ps. You sound lie a nazi.

And you sound like a self loathing liberal who can't wait until we become a Muslim colony like our neighbours in Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

random1337 wrote: »
    Let's not sugarcoat this shall we, we all know this is about preserving the Christian faith and keeping fair hair & blue/light eye genes alive.

Oh THATS what it's about! Not rampant prejudice and xenophobia so?

Can we let in immigrants who don't look too black and promise to learn the Gaeilge and love baby Jesus with all their hearts? :pac:

Would it make any difference is they promised to learn GAA and join Fianna Fail too??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I think pre-leftist thinking an Irish person was someone who was classed as "Caucasoid" and engaged in Irish culture

You do know that a recent genetics study showed up that a huge part of Mayo and Galway owe their looks to the Basque areas of Spain.
    Myself and most of my family have tight curly hair, brown eyes and sallow skin.

Nodin wrote: »
    Back in the days of narrow racists definitions perhaps. You still haven't explain what was wrong with my post about peoples descendants etc.

In a hypothetical scenario where Ireland went to war with Nigeria.
    Who would a Nigerian person with an Irish passport side with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

And you sound like a self loathing liberal who can't wait until we become a Muslim colony like our neighbours in Britain.

....just checked the news there and no mention of a muslim invasion.

Are you sure you're in the right timeline?

• Advertisement

You do know that a recent genetics study showed up that a huge part of Mayo and Galway owe their looks to the Basque areas of Spain.

Iberians are of Teutonic European descent, just like the Celts and Anglo Saxons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Okay, what a lot of Tosh.

I'm in the UK 4 or 5 times a year, my entire family is from the UK and I can trace back my ancestry over 900 years. There are some area where Muslims make up a high proportion of the population, they even have their own Schools. There's another lot that do that; oh yes the Irish and the Roman Catholic Schools.

....just checked the news there and no mention of a muslim invasion.

Are you sure you're in the right timeline?

No they don't call it an invasion any more, it's now called Multiculturalism and "Diversity"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't know what I am, probably a bit left and right wing.

...how the hell would that happen? Mass parachute invasion? Where would the Irish people living here have gone? Would they go out for a swim together and discover the country had been taken over when they got back to shore?

It's the damn heathen Mongolians I tella ya! Go for a quick dip on the beach and BAM - they're holed up in YOUR house supplanting YOUR culture and eating YOUR breakfast cereal! :pac:

• Advertisement

In a hypothetical scenario where Ireland went to war with Nigeria.
    Who would a Nigerian person with an Irish passport side with?

If they've an Irish passport, they're an Irish person of Nigerian origin.

You'd have to ask the individual at the time for an answer.

I think pre-leftist thinking an Irish person was someone who was classed as "Caucasoid" and engaged in Irish culture

Thats Phil Lynnot fecked so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Unlike the basques then.( who are definitely Caucasian).

Surely you mean REDhair & blue/light eye genes alive?????:eek:

Many Irish people have light brown or blonde hair (FAIR) and yes I love redheads too!
    These people won't exist in 100 years if our borders are left open and it saddens me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

No they don't call it an invasion any more, it's now called Multiculturalism and "Diversity"

I'm out, have a good one OP. You looked like you had a genuine question it's clear you're just a bit of a wacko.

Ireland's slightly more diverse and multicultural than North Korea.

In the UK the moderate Muslim community (the vast majority) have integrated and make up a vibrant part of the community. In Ireland they seem to retreat into themselves. I wonder why?

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    It's the damn heathen Mongolians I tella ya! Go for a quick dip on the beach and BAM - they're holed up in YOUR house supplanting YOUR culture and eating YOUR breakfast cereal! :pac:

...but I don't want steppe ponys crapping on me carpet......damn you to hell, liberal left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

*Clears throat*

LOUD NOISES

Iberians are of Teutonic European descent, just like the Celts and Anglo Saxons.

And we're all africans......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Just out of interest are you in an area with a lot of diversity? If so what problems do you encounter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Yer dead right, we needs a christian army to fight them back with jesus and his magical powers...

Or else just make booze cheaper. With loads of rasher sandwiches.

The revolution will not be televised... itll be on AH, starting rright now.

• Advertisement

*Clears throat*

LOUD NOISES

YE CAN GO BACK TO YER OWN SAUDI ARABYA WITN THAT NOISE AT THIS HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a hypothetical scenario where Ireland went to war with Nigeria...

No, you can stop right there - I'm already in stitches just reading that! This thread is comedy gold OP :D

Unlike the basques then.( who are definitely Caucasian).

Yes...now they are... but the ones who inhabited Ireland from that area a few thousand years ago werent... you see...its nothing new..... people move, change, migrate... you know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

I'm out, have a good one OP. You looked like you had a genuine question it's clear you're just a bit of a wacko.

Ireland's slightly more diverse and multicultural than North Korea.

In the UK the moderate Muslim community (the vast majority) have integrated and make up a vibrant part of the community. In Ireland they seem to retreat into themselves. I wonder why?

Hmm. I am very dubious about either claim. Ireland is fairly diverse these days anyway and there is a distinct lack of integration in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Maybe it's because it's a discussion site and phrases like "do as you're told" "gods will" and "its always been like that" are pretty weak arguments. There is plenty of sexist right wing rascist posts on boards too

If they've an Irish passport, they're an Irish person of Nigerian origin.

You'd have to ask the individual at the time for an answer.

Lmao so you're so full of it.
    If for some reason the Irish called for a Genocide of Nigerians what happens to that "Irish" person with Nigerian descent in Ireland. Is he gonna partake in this genocide?

You should realize that Nationality is almost obsolete now because it doesn't mean anything any more, if one can just become a certain nationality because he was born somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

In terms of economics I find the place right wing.
    Ya - Boards is actually quite right-wing economically; a quick look at the Politics forum would show this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Try the Christianity or Conspiracy forum, seems a bit less librul there. What is with people hating on immigration though or equating it with being left wing? Most successful states throughout history embraced immigration (Roman Empire, the good ol' US). An immigration policy based on racism is the dummest thing you can do as it shuts your country off to a multitude of talents which only serve to enrich it. Btw I'm not talking about a "lets flood the country with Muslims" type of policy, more of a "selective open doors" approach which Australia seems to adopt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

YE CAN GO BACK TO YER OWN SAUDI ARABYA WITN THAT NOISE AT THIS HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT??? I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THIS THREAD?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ya - Boards is actually quite right-wing economically; a quick look at the Politics forum would show this.

Is the politics forum not overrun with shinnerbots???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement