Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is this forum so liberal/far left wing?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

random1337 wrote: »
    Lmao so you're so full of it.
    If for some reason the Irish called for a Genocide of Nigerians what happens to that "Irish" person with Nigerian descent in Ireland. Is he gonna partake in this genocide?

You should realize that Nationality is almost obsolete now because it doesn't mean anything any more, if one can just become a certain nationality because he was born somewhere.

Would that be your call?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Yes...now... but the ones who inhabited Ireland a few thousand years ago werent... you see...its nothing new.....

No that's nonsense. The basques were always white ( God I hate the term Caucasian). In fact they are pastier than normal spanish. The reason is fewer invasions.

The genetic claims are also dubious, and not universally accepted.

In any case the west of Ireland is convinced it has sallow skinned features but nobody else is. It's all freckles and red or dark hair. Both celtic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Oh jesusallah, these threads always produce gold when you question the OP enough.

Is there any of that buttered popcorn left?

Uh oh, I said left didnt I? War with Nigeria is about to begin!

I love how people all of a sudden decided everything must be preserved as it is. Its not like nearly every country went through multiple changes in population over time.

efb wrote: »
    Is the politics forum not overrun with shinnerbots???

No. Libertarians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Oh jesusallah, these threads always produce gold when you question the OP enough.

Is there any of that buttered popcorn left?

Uh oh, I said left didnt I? War with Nigeria is about to begin!

I think Nigeria would win

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭random1337

Yes...now they are... but the ones who inhabited Ireland from that area a few thousand years ago werent... you see...its nothing new..... people move, change, migrate... you know...

When the Anglo-Saxons (English) from Germany took over Britain in 900AD and expulsed the native Bretons (Welsh) to the West Coast they didn't just bend over for the next wave of invaders and let themselves be displaced. It is called Self-Preservation. The English did that very well up until the 21st Century when they suddenly decided to embrace Islam. Even becoming Ethnic minorities in their own Capital City LOL. Pathetic.

No. Libertarians.

Librarians???

If for some reason the Irish called for a Genocide of Nigerians what happens to that "Irish" person with Nigerian descent in Ireland. Is he gonna partake in this genocide?

You should realize that Nationality is almost obsolete now because it doesn't mean anything any more, if one can just become a certain nationality because he was born somewhere.

Theres this country, USA I believe its called.
    So, in your world the only Americans are red skinned and ride about on ponys with feathers in their hair?

For me personally, it's not something I have a definitive answer for.

I was raised in a family which was very right-wing on social issues, bordering on fascist. My dad refers to Eastern Europeans as "sub-human" and there's plenty of other stuff I won't post on a public forum; you'd think I was trolling anyway! He puts it down to bad experiences when he lived in England in the 70s. Unfortunately that certainly rubbed off on me over the years. For a long time I just went along with it but I have tried to shake it off in recent years for my own sake. It seems to have worked because when I visit now, some of the stuff I hear makes me think "whoa", whereas I would have ignored or agreed with it in the past. I know some things still swing me towards the right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

"You know what this country needs? A good genocide! I pick the Nigerians!"

What did the Nigerians ever do to you you, OP?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Ah I see now! The Catholics ignore the Old Testament and have never done anything wrong? In of themselves they've not done enough damage the world over to be reviled and their teachings thrown in the bin.

Many Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh and Jews are evil, right geddit, geddit.

There are many good people in any faith. There are many though that wouldn;t know morality if it walked up and slapped them across the face.

I realise you're being sarcastic, but is that really the way you view things? I mean, really?

Nodin wrote: »
    But if they have children that are born and raised here, and those children have children etc, they will be Irish with Irish descendants......

@Nodin, I'll PM you the next time I see some glaringly obvious Irish-bashing going on, but to be honest, your post above is not far off Irish-bashing. Having the word "Irish" on your passport does not make you genetically Gaelic, culturally Gaelic, or of Gaelic heritage.

Let's take a look at what happened in the Yugoslav wars. Kosovo, a province originally belonging to Serbia had a Serbian majority/Albanian minority (80/20% I believe) in the 1920s. In the 1990s it was 75% Muslim Albanian and 25% native Serbs and then **** hit the fan. This demographic change was simply due to immigration and a difference in birth rates.

In case you haven't noticed, average Irish couples these days don't have more than 2 kids (only replacing themselves) whereas African and Arab immigrants are at 3.74 off the top of my head. Demographics WILL change drastically in this country within the space of 50 years.

Absolutely. And you know what, its ok to talk about this and discuss it. It DOESNT mean you are xenophobic or racist. Its common sense to thrash out any potential problems BEFORE they arise. And inevitably, there will be problems. Just look at the North, feckall difference between anybody up there, all white, all Christian, all Irish, but just look at the viciousness that has gone on up there over the years because there WASNT dialogue.

But the mere mention of common sense discussion here on Boards, and the PC Nazi's come out in force. YOU will be the bad guy.

Would that be your call?;)

Not at all, I just want Ireland to be left alone.

But I was trying to prove a point that having an Irish passport doesn't make one loyal to Irish people. Get with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

If for some reason the Irish called for a Genocide of Nigerians what happens to that "Irish" person with Nigerian descent in Ireland. Is he gonna partake in this genocide?.

Course he isn't, nor would I, or most Irish people for that matter. You aren't really thinking this through.

Nationality does not nessecarily mean race. You might be using some 19th century encyclopedia that confuses the two, but rest assured its not the case.

WHAT??? I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THIS THREAD?

YOU ARE DESTROYIN MY CULTURE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

-Pro-Multiculturalism - So it turns out Ireland isnt the centre of the universe and there are other people from other places with other ideas, and some of them choose to live here. Why? I've no idea. Maybe the hospitable weather. Anyway isnt it nicer have a few people around how are a bit different? The Polish, Chinese, Turkish, Pakistani etc, A great bunch of guys!

-Anti traditional Christian values - Anti-traditional values is completely incorrect. If the prime christian value is "Be nice to people" then the people of AH very much embody that particular value. If the prime value is believing the words of a two thousand demi god who can walk on water, rise from the dead and has a penchant for fish, then yeah, no, thanks.

-Against pride in their heritage/culture/traditions (white guilt) - Im a proud Irishman and Im proud to be Irish. Im not proud of our infrastructure, transport system or healthcare.
    -Believe Gender is a social construct - What?

-Pro Gay-marriage - Why would or should I care what 2 men or women over the age of consent do together in the sanctity of their own home?

efb wrote: »
    Librarians???

No. Libertarians.

Try the Christianity or Conspiracy forum, seems a bit less librul there. What is with people hating on immigration though or equating it with being left wing? Most successful states throughout history embraced immigration (Roman Empire, the good ol' US). An immigration policy based on racism is the dummest thing you can do as it shuts your country off to a multitude of talents which only serve to enrich it. Btw I'm not talking about a "lets flood the country with Muslims" type of policy, more of a "selective open doors" approach which Australia seems to adopt.

Sure, but when the war comes with Nigeria - how are we gonna trust them to have our backs in the trenches? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

And so it came to pass,

that on the evening of the 8th hour of the 8th day,

of the month of March in the year of 2015,

did After Hours explode in a thread of popcorn, wild postings, conspiracy, and people forgetting this was an internet forum.

No. Libertarians.

Oh, right Ted.

When the Anglo-Saxons (English) from Germany took over Britain in 900AD and expulsed the native Bretons (Welsh) to the West Coast they didn't just bend over for the next wave of invaders and let themselves be displaced. It is called Self-Preservation. The English did that very well up until the 21st Century when they suddenly decided to embrace Islam. Even becoming Ethnic minorities in their own Capital City LOL. Pathetic.

They were in fact invaded by the vikings and the Normans. Nearly losing to the first ( and becoming part of a viking empire for centuries) and losing to the second.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭user53

Number of Muslims in Britain.
    2001-1.65M
    2010-2.87M
    (couldn't find more recent info)
    Suppose you all think it would be good if this happen to Ireland? Multiculturalism and all.

newmug wrote: »
    I realise you're (..............]
    .)will be the bad guy.

You still haven't explained what you mean by "plastic paddy shite"

Not at all, I just want Ireland to be left alone.

But I was trying to prove a point that having an Irish passport doesn't make one loyal to Irish people. Get with it.

Funny that its only people with dark skin you have issues with. The biggest imigrant group in this country are dirty soccer and rugby playing proddy brits!!!!
    No issues with them?

user53 wrote: »

What has that do with anything?

newmug wrote: »
    @Nodin, I'll PM you the next time I see some glaringly obvious Irish-bashing going on, but to be honest, your post above is not far off Irish-bashing. Having the word "Irish" on your passport does not make you genetically Gaelic, culturally Gaelic, or of Gaelic heritage.

I have a great grandmother from Finland - I'd "feck off back to my own country" like the genetically impure mudblood that I am, except I have no idea where in Finland she comes from. You can see my indentity dilemma here ;)

And we're all africans......

So we have evolved to become all these different sub-races with different unique traits and physical features.
    Mixing us all back together sounds like devolution to me.

user53 wrote: »
    2001-1.65M
    2010-2.87M
    (couldn't find more recent info)
    Suppose you all think it would be good if this happen to Ireland? Multiculturalism and all.

A huge part of Britains ethnic mix is that they have owned much of the world and its ethnicities in the recent past.
    These are their own people!

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    I have a great grandmother from Finland - I'd "feck off back to my own country" like the genetically impure mudblood that I am, except I have no idea where in Finland she comes from. You can see my indentity dilemma here ;)

You realise that at one stage Finns were not considered properly "white"?

On a completely unrelated note, can I measure the bumps in your skull?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Most people on here are young. (<30)And probably more users live in urban areas and are middle class. I guess that would contribute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Nodin wrote: »
    YOU ARE DESTROYIN MY CULTURE!!!!

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE ALL YELLING ABOUT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement