Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Hazys wrote: »
    The Jets were fined $100,000 for tampering.

Ridiculous it took months for the NFL to come to this conclusion.

:confused: Revis?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

yup

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dion Jordan suspended for a year.

Add another one to the idiot list

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dion Jordan suspended for a year.

Add another one to the idiot list

Eagles reportedly were very, very close to completing a trade for him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

Paully D wrote: »
    Eagles reportedly were very, very close to completing a trade for him too.

those rumours have been there since the day the dolphins drafted him id be slow to believe it to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

christ thats bad form on his part i feel. if he needs to have agreed/done research for every question before hand it does not say a lot for him as an "expert"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

nerd69 wrote: »
    christ thats bad form on his part i feel. if he needs to have agreed/done research for every question before hand it does not say a lot for him as an "expert"

He's always come across as a grumpy bastard and it doesn't say much if a former general manager of the Texans can't answer questions about the draft process that he obviously was a part of and he doesn't have to give away any secrets but just talk in general terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

How NFL teams do background checks isn't a secret. They have scouts interviewing teachers and coaches. They also have a director of security who is often a retired city detective who can hook up with contacts in law enforcement for the news.

What a diva :rolleyes:

TG they didn't ask him if he dyes his hair.

• Advertisement

This is fantastic
    7. More on that incredible Buccaneers statistic

The Buccaneers have never given a second contract to a quarterback they drafted. Not one. That means of 20 quarterbacks in 39 drafts, not one got a second contract.

As Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio points out:

That list includes, working backward, Mike Glennon, Josh Freeman, Josh Johnson, Bruce Gradkowski, Chris Simms, Joe Hamilton, Shaun King, Trent Dilfer, Craig Erickson, Mike Pawlawski, Pat O'Hara, Vinny Testaverde, Mike Shula, Blair Kiel, Steve Young, Mike Ford, Chuck Fusina, Doug Williams, Randy Hedberg, and Parnell Dickinson.

Wow. Just wow.

apparently seahawks hired lofa tatupu as a linebackers coach in feb i completely missed it. he had to retire early due to injuries but he was a monster in his brief career

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He's always come across as a grumpy bastard and it doesn't say much if a former general manager of the Texans can't answer questions about the draft process that he obviously was a part of and he doesn't have to give away any secrets but just talk in general terms.

By his reaction, you'd think he was just asked when did he have his last ****. He's a complete sap that really needs to be put out to pasture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

nerd69 wrote: »
    apparently seahawks hired lofa tatupu as a linebackers coach in feb i completely missed it. he had to retire early due to injuries but he was a monster in his brief career

Yeah he was a quality, quality player. The Seahawks have had a seemless transition with Bobby Wagner there being brilliant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How have I not seen this before? :pac:

Knex. wrote: »

gota love eisen that pick is the reason that any time a punter is mentioned on these boards the next post is inevitably "punters are people to"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

I watched ALL of Anger's tape and the 3rd round is a reach for him. Saw him as an early 4th round guy... #draftanalysis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Eisen started a craze. Here is the Ravens team giving the punter Sam Koch some love

The worlds worst TV ad actor Joe Flacco doing his usual thing of looking awkward
    photo.jpg

Russell Wilson taken 5 picks after Anger, oh dear :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I refuse to believe Punters are people too.

This is just liberal PC madness, they should just crawl back into whatever cesspool they came from.

Taken from NFL.com

Greg Hardy on Twitter
    On Friday, a Panthers fan tweeted a photo of Kelvin Benjamin and second-round pick Devin Funchess, describing the new teammates as "The Twin Towers." Hardy replied to the tweet: "didn't the twin towers get blown up lol."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah he didn't think that reply through

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

You'd wonder what a guys agent is doing letting him mouth off on his twitter at a time when he's under scrutiny and just got a suspension. I see he's deleted his twitter now, his best decision in a long time.

#americasteam

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You know, I thought I'd find the Cowboy's hype more nauseating last year, but it wasn't the worst.

Although it could be way worse in the build up to next year, but considering they've lost Murray, and Romo is rattling about with dodgy vertebrae, it might not be so bad again.

You know, I thought I'd find the Cowboy's hype more nauseating last year, but it wasn't the worst.

Although it could be way worse in the build up to next year, but considering they've lost Murray, and Romo is rattling about with dodgy vertebrae, it might not be so bad again.

i found it maddening before the year i thought last offseason they where going to be terrible so i thought cowboys fans where nuts for saying they could win the Super Bowl but for once they where actually right i guess.

your probably right about last season in general although it may just be because they actually where quite good last year so some of the hype was true

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hilarious stuff from Esien there. I always liked the guy and anybody who can endure Mayock 24/7, probably deserves sainthood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

I see that the Pats have been caught again up to their usual antics

There's a thread for ass kicking the Pats, this isnt in.

so lesean mccoy is after comeing out and calling chip kelly racist in not so many words for "getting rid of all the good black players" this is on top of stephen a smith (i know i dont like him either) insinuating chip is a racist for having riley cooper on his team while getting rid of desean initially and he's upped his accusations since the lesean trade and non resigning of maclin.

first of all i think these things are ridiculous given that most of those players have been replaced by non white guys anyway and the eagles just had an entire draft of black players. whats here take on it?

secondly i feel like lesean is coming off the comments very poorly he's alienated most of philly at this point (he's been shouting abuse at philly since he left) and pulling the race card just seems like a childish and insensitive move given the issues going on in other parts of the country at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Jesus, they replaced Shady with DeMarco Murray. He's well off point here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement