Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Im sure tebow is a really nice person and a teams PR dept dream and I've no issue with him as a person whatsoever. My issue is his ability or lack of ability and the impact that has on the Philadelphia Eagles as a whole.

He can't be anything more than a camp arm and the Eagles don't need the circus that follows him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow on the same roster.

Lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Im sure tebow is a really nice person and a teams PR dept dream and I've no issue with him as a person whatsoever. My issue is his ability or lack of ability and the impact that has on the Philadelphia Eagles as a whole.

He can't be anything more than a camp arm and the Eagles don't need the circus that follows him.

Sounds like an eagles player to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭nerd69

Knex. wrote: »

Lols.

and these two

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/590093969465421824?s=09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ross Tucker has a cracking podcast up.

He interviews Mark North who is a VP in the league and explains how the schedule is set.

A collasal amount of work goes into it and he knows that fans reckon the league screws their team and has a grudge against them :D No matter what the league do there will be complaints

Very interesting listen

• Advertisement

Lols.

You see what this is doing chip ? The giants fans are having the lols and the banter at eagle fans expense and it's only April. Stop it and stop it now. BUT I remind happy in the knowledge that the Eagles are guaranteed two wins next season off the Giants.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The schedules are due to be released at 8pm ET tomorrow

It's official with tebow. Jesus Christ almighty is chip trying to piss off as many eagles fans in as short amout of time as is possible ?

You see what this is doing chip ? The giants fans are having the lols and the banter at eagle fans expense and it's only April. Stop it and stop it now.
    6 wins vs 10 wins that is all :)

nerd69 wrote: »
    6 wins vs 10 wins that is all :)

That's true. We'll nerd what say you on tebow ? Am I getting overly worked up over the whole thing ?

• Advertisement

Lets not start the Super Bowl argument fellas :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The schedules are due to be released at 8pm ET tomorrow

Yeah, and NFL Network have a 3 hour (!!) show to unveil the schedule. At least the schedule will be unveiled by the time I wake up on Wednesday. Hope so anyway.

That's true. We'll nerd what say you on tebow ? Am I getting overly worked up over the whole thing ?

ya i think he's coming in to be a number 3 qb / special teams player. something that has been under reported is that chip kelly has gone out of his way to get good special teams players even if they are not of a standard to play offence or defence theres a reason the eagles had close to if not the best special teams last year and tebow is a good special teamer (if he does make the team). my main issue with it is the circus but i dont think the philly fan base is the type that would get sucked into screaming for tebow to start so perhaps its less of an issue.

bradford and sanchez are both getting paid well as a number 1 and number 2 qb respectively they are the guys competing. its a non story for me to be honest.
    Lets not start the Super Bowl argument fellas :pac:

do they not expire no? if were living in the past we always have the 3 national titles ;)

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah, and NFL Network have a 3 hour (!!) show to unveil the schedule. At least the schedule will be unveiled by the time I wake up on Wednesday. Hope so anyway.

the nfl are fantastic at making everything an even in fairness to them what other sport has a fecking 3 hour show for the schedules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Nate Solder was diagnosed with testicular cancer last year and went on to win a Super Bowl.

Great story, amazing how the Patriots manage to keep injuries/medical issues like that under wraps. I could only imagine the media frenzy and distraction for Solder during the season if they knew about it, it would have only impacted him professionally and personally over such a private issue.

Its great that he's breaking the Patriots vow of silence to bring awareness to the issue.

"Had I not had a routine physical, I probably wouldn't have checked it, saying, 'Oh, it's just in my head, I'm going to be fine." I guess Solder is lucky has he has the best medical doctors at his disposal and checking him regularly for any issue. So that's why its so important for us average Joe's to check ourselves regularly and not be afraid to go to the Doctor if we find anything suspicious.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4780526/patriots-nate-solder-diagnosed-with-testicular-cancer-in-14-spreads-awareness

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Rumours circulating that Packers v Bears will be the late game on Thanksgiving

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

paulie21 wrote: »
    Rumours circulating that Packers v Bears will be the late game on Thanksgiving

Great stuff, I'm gonna be in the states and that whole holiday means nothing to me beyond the fact that there's football on, delighted if this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

What time does it start tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

gufc21 wrote: »
    What time does it start tonight?

What time does what start?

Edit: sorry the schedule...Can't believe they're making an event of that. Pretty shameless, considering we already know who is playing whom.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

8pm ET so 1am Irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ya not really bothered but might as well make use of the gamepass sub

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The schedule is released at 1am, so not sure what the 3 hour show is about, other than lots of ads. We'll know the schedule before the show starts.

What time does what start?

Edit: sorry the schedule...Can't believe they're making an event of that. Pretty shameless, considering we already know who is playing whom.

The schedule was normally released during TA and they would discuss it. Three hours is beating a dead horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Steelers @ Patriots kicking us off this season, according to the usual NFL lads on Twitter etc.

apparently eagles have falcons week 1, giants week 17 and are going to detroit for thanksgiving

apparently eagles have falcons week 1, giants week 17 and are going to detroit for thanksgiving

While I don't really expect us to be in playoff contention, that game could be huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

apparently eagles are going to detroit for thanksgiving

Have heard the same.
    Also have heard that the lions are finishing the season against the Bears at Soldier field. Third year running where they finish the season on the road.

While I don't really expect us to be in playoff contention, that game could be huge!
    a lot of eagles fans actually think that the giants will be right up there with ourselves and the cowboys next year theres a lot of return of the nfc beast talk. and who knows iv said on here before I'm not a fan of eli (and no not just because he's a division rival) but that receiving corp in particular is absolutely terrifying we all know about odb (although he's possibly a tad overrated at the mo he's still an incredible young player) victor cruz is a well documented eagle killer i feel like he owes the eagles organisation some of any contract he signs. and reuben randel is a good player as well.

i personally dont hank the giants will be in playoff contention next year but i dont think they will be far off and if last years cowboys (or bears for that matter) taught me anything its that I'm an idiot when it comes to predicting how teams will do in the offseason

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Anyone got experience of getting tickets on Stubhub or the official exchange? I've friends who are moving to Seattle so I was going to go visit them around Thanksgiving but was holding off on the NFL fixtures being announced. The Seahawks are home both weekends bookending Thanksgiving vs 49ers and vs the Steelers so I've my pick of games. tickets are already up on both sites but I don't know whether to jump on now or see if the prices drop a bit once the initial excitement of them being available has dropped off a bit.

I've read that getting them the week before is the best way to get them closer to face value but I'm not that ballsy :)

• Advertisement

Used both beefy, most are e tickets, once the season ticket holder gets theirs you'll get them pretty quickly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement