Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officers nationwide 2015 campaign now open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ok thanks for your replies, really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

fin12 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for your replies, really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!

No problem and good luck. I sure hope we both get a summer job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Aww thanks, Good luck to you too

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

I dont know how to say this, but basically I've social anxiety in certain situations and I'm just so scared that if im successful that i will be put in the same department that I previously worked in and what I experienced the first time as regards the anxiety will be so much worse cause if you have previously worked somewhere obviously a lot more will be expected of you and before people say well then you shouldn't apply, I need to because I really need a Job and this condition will effect me and has effected me in any job. Basically I just dont know what to do when you have to pick the county.

if you live in Cork but put down Limerick as no 1, do you think they would offer the job or do you think they would think or see it, that there's no point in moving to a new county for 8 weeks.

On the questionnaire, there's a question asking of you have special needs, or however they phrase it. Perhaps you could tick yes and explain to them (on the questionnaire, if there's room, or in person, or both) that you have social anxiety and what kind of work would suit you best in light of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just completed it there. Some of the scenarios are quite tricky. Was as honest as possible so we will see how it goes. Best of luck to everyone.

• Advertisement

They sure were tricky. Has anyone heard how many TCOs are being taken on around the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I dont know how to say this, but basically I've social anxiety in certain situations and I'm just so scared that if im successful that i will be put in the same department that I previously worked in and what I experienced the first time as regards the anxiety will be so much worse cause if you have previously worked somewhere obviously a lot more will be expected of you and before people say well then you shouldn't apply, I need to because I really need a Job and this condition will effect me and has effected me in any job. Basically I just dont know what to do when you have to pick the county.

if you live in Cork but put down Limerick as no 1, do you think they would offer the job or do you think they would think or see it, that there's no point in moving to a new county for 8 weeks.

I live within a proximity to Limerick and Cork so have the option of those two counties and Kerry but I only picked one town for B so went with Limerick as A as my choice as I don't want to have to move out of home for just a few weeks its pointless and cost a lot more to move at all be it Cork or Limerick. Its a waste when I've a car anyway. Long term is fine but short term its pointless to move without an incentive of a permanent contract after.

For group A pick the county you are living in or one of the nearest counties to you that might have less competition or more likely to have positions. I highly recommend picking group B as well just in case you can never tell how things go. Go with the nearest town on the list if its possible.

For example those in Kerry well Cork or Limerick are better options even Clare would be depending on location. I've never got reserve on Kerry panel only for Limerick. I've applied to Cork and Dublin and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lmcgtb

Please don't judge me, I am currently kicking myself, I actually feel so so silly, but I forgot to complete the aptitude quiz yesterday. Is there any hope that I'll be given an extension? I know that's such a long-shot, and possibly not really fair to other candidates, but still I am wondering... I'm in my first year in college and am so overwhelmed at the moment that it completely slipped my mind! I've done these tests with the civil service before, for the TCO job last year, and for a regular CO job this year. For the CO job I even got called to the second round, and took the exam at the offices on Abbey Street. I really do take it so seriously, I was just a bit of a featherhead yesterday. I feel so so so mad at myself right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

lmcgtb wrote: »
    Please don't judge me, I am currently kicking myself, I actually feel so so silly, but I forgot to complete to aptitude quiz yesterday. Is there any hope that I'll be given an extension? I know that's such a long-shot, and not really fair to other candidates, but I still am wondering... I'm in my first year in college and am so overwhelmed at the moment that it completely slipped my mind!

I'm afraid that I remember it stating that there will be no extensions for missing the deadline in the booklet. It's why they tell you not to leave it until the last day (you are generally given good few days to complete them), in case of incidents like this.

If you're in college right now, it might not have been suitable anyway as you don't know when they'll call you in. Your exams in May/June and possible repeats/start of new semester in August/September would leave too many unavailable times of the year for the role.

PAS sometimes decides to extend deadlines on assessments when there is a technical fault or a lot of interest but I think they would have mentioned it before the deadline had passed that it had been extended. Very sorry you missed out this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lmcgtb

Jade182 wrote: »
    I'm afraid that I remember it stating that there will be no extensions for missing the deadline in the booklet. It's why they tell you not to leave it until the last day (you are generally given good few days to complete them), in case of incidents like this.

If you're in college right now, it might not have been suitable anyway as you don't know when they'll call you in. Your exams in May/June and possible repeats/start of new semester in August/September would leave too many unavailable times of the year for the role.

PAS sometimes decides to extend deadlines on assessments when there is a technical fault or a lot of interest but I think they would have mentioned it before the deadline had passed that it had been extended. Very sorry you missed out this time.

Thank you so much! That is true, on top of exams and everything I'm actually going to a college in America for a summer programme for all of June and the first week of July, so I suppose it really would not have been feasible for me. But it would have been such a good opportunity, I'm still so mad at myself... Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

lmcgtb wrote: »
    Thank you so much! That is true, on top of exams and everything I'm actually going to a college in America for a summer programme for all of June and the first week of July, so I suppose it really would not have been feasible for me. But it would have been such a good opportunity, I'm still so mad at myself... Thanks again!

No problem. Best of luck in America!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Just got an email, have interview next Wednesday, but have no message in public jobs message board yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Congratulations Jules, best of luck with your interview!

I've had no word either way yet so fingers crossed for some good news. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

jules86 wrote:
    Just got an email, have interview next Wednesday, but have no message in public jobs message board yet!

Wow that is quick! Test only finished yesterday!

Wow that is quick! Test only finished yesterday!

Yes I know! It's for the location I picked on the b list, but I still haven't got any message on public service letting me know my ranking or anything!
    Interview is next Wednesday (1st) hope it's not an April fool now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Janie77

jules86 wrote: »

Would you mind me asking where is this position for?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭threebagsfull

Wow, already? Good luck!

Janie77 wrote: »
    Would you mind me asking where is this position for?

I think it was buncrana as I have family there,
    Here's most of the email:

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Invitation to Interview

Dear x

You will have already received a message (on your publicjobs.ie account) informing you of the result of your ranking from the Online Questionnaire. I am pleased to inform you that you are now among those being invited to interview.

Details of your interview are as follows. (If you are unavailable to attend please notify us so we can offer another candidate an opportunity to attend an interview)

Date: Wednesday 1st April 2015

Interview Time xxx

Venue: - Dept. Social Protection, St Oliver Plunkett Road, Letterkenny

There are temporary clerical officer positions in Buncrana and Letterkenny.

Please note: The interview location does not have any bearing on your chosen location if successful at interview.

I regret that it is not possible to change interview times for candidates.

Important:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Congrats jules :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Janie77

Is it usually a week or so after closing date that you usually hear back?

• Advertisement

Congrats on getting the interviews for those that have one lined up.

I'm amazed they have results out already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

@Jules86 is there any chance that you applied for TCO last year? As you may have been called from last years list.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Last years panel is still active until April so agree with eastbono. If you applied last year it's probably that panel you're being called from.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Meanman

No doubt this is an April fool joke so don't buy in. The Public Service process moves so slow it has NOTHING got to do with this years aptitude test. I think the date of interview is a giveaway and I query modification of correspondence from Public Service

Let's wait for about 2 weeks for the results of this years aptitude test to come out and find out where everyone is on the panel (if not on top panel forget about it). The interviews will start about two weeks afterwards.

eastbono wrote: »
    @Jules86 is there any chance that you applied for TCO last year? As you may have been called from last years list.

I did apply last year but didn't make the cut,

Maybe you on a reserve list from last year for this year making you one of firsts people on the list for this year?

doovdela wrote: »
    Maybe you on a reserve list from last year for this year making you one of firsts people on the list for this year?

I feel like a tool only spotting the 2014 now,

"Click on the Link Preparation under the heading ‘Test Advice’ and the documents are under the heading Temporary Clerical Officer 2014"

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Hi Jules, I was on reserve list for Cork last year, got called to an interview for that last week. Got an email straight after telling me I was successful, now just waiting for a job to come up.
    I think its great, very unexpected :)
    The very best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone know when we'll get the results from this ?

• Advertisement

Anyone know when we'll get the results from this ?

The closing date was March 26th for the questionnaire so around a month from that date.

Advertisement