Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officers nationwide 2015 campaign now open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Just got an email now. Will do it this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 17 beanz14

Has everyone got a link to the questionairre? Have nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Does anyone know what months these contracts are likely to be. I have holidays booked and paid for in August

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

beanz14 wrote: »
    Has everyone got a link to the questionairre? Have nothing yet

I've got nothing yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Is there any chance of permanent work after you have served your time as a temporary clerical officer??

Taken from the Info booklet

Possible opportunities for future permanent appointment
    Candidates who are assigned and take up a temporary appointment from this competition may in certain circumstances be invited for additional assessment to compete for a permanent appointment. In order to be eligible to compete candidates will also have to be certified by the employing organisation as having been satisfactory in terms work performance and output; conduct; attendance including sick leave & punctuality.

Should such an opportunity arise, candidates will be advised at the appropriate time by e-mail. The e-mail address to which the message will be sent will be the one provided by you on your publicjobs.ie profile. The onus is on each individual candidate to ensure that their profile contains their valid up-to-date e-mail address, one they access on a regular basis. The Public Appointments Service will accept no responsibility in this matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Did the questionaire,
    Trickier than the EO, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Janie77

javagal wrote: »
    Did the questionaire,
    Trickier than the EO, IMO.

Really are you serious? I have no experience with the test so don't know what to expect. One thing I'm wondering is it tight for time?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rhodod

These jobs are for next year 2016, this years jobs were applied for last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Rhodod wrote:

I'm not sure about that, last year applied in march and got position in June, assume it will be the same this year.

javagal wrote:
    Did the questionaire, Trickier than the EO, IMO.

Last year's was easy, is it not just scenarios again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Rhodod wrote:

Not the case. This is for summer 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Janie77 wrote: »
    Really are you serious? I have no experience with the test so don't know what to expect. One thing I'm wondering is it tight for time?

I'm fairly sure the poster is joking. There is no visible timer on these (although weirdly at the start it says you have 50 minutes), they are just situational and personality questions (doubt they would take anyone 50 minutes, you are not meant to think about them too much).

Jade182 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure the poster is joking. There is no visible timer on these (although weirdly at the start it says you have 50 minutes), they are just situational and personality questions (doubt they would take anyone 50 minutes, you are not meant to think about them too much).

Oh okay thanks, these jobs are for summer 2015 in reply to a previous poster

Also anyone on here going to apply for sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Janie77 wrote: »
    Also anyone on here going to apply for sligo?

I'm unsure as to where to apply. I could apply for any of 3 counties, Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon with Leitrim being the closest. But you'd imagine there'd be more work in Sligo so I might put down Sligo on it

I'm unsure as to where to apply. I could apply for any of 3 counties, Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon with Leitrim being the closest. But you'd imagine there'd be more work in Sligo so I might put down Sligo on it

Oh okay yeah I'm applying to sligo as live just outside town but thinking of applying to Leitrim as my second choice, I might as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

I thought you could only choose two?
    One from the A list which seems to be everywhere and one from a B list which was narrowed down

• Registered Users Posts: 21 philip marlowes cat

I did actually feel like I answered some of those scenario questions badly. It's a bit annoying that they only show you one answer at a time, but I suppose that's the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

I did actually feel like I answered some of those scenario questions badly. It's a bit annoying that they only show you one answer at a time, but I suppose that's the point.

I felt the same. I was happy with every other aspect of the questionnaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dulachodladh

Don't think it was that bad... It was towards the end where the question of "other" and to give example in section 3 had me draw a blank for a moment after answering so many biograhical questions.

• Advertisement

Don't think it was that bad... It was towards the end where the question of "other" and to give example in section 3 had me draw a blank for a moment after answering so many biograhical questions.

What was that question about? I figured it was just to note any relevant work experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dulachodladh

What was that question about? I figured it was just to note any relevant work experience?

Yeah it was, but to just to pick your experience and skills of certain criteria to then click Next and see "other" and a blank box had me wondering for a moment! :D

Yeah it was, but to just to pick your experience and skills of certain criteria to then click Next and see "other" and a blank box had me wondering for a moment! :D

Ah yeah, I know what you mean! When you mentioned the question I wondered if it was about something else, haha.

Taking some encouragement from the fact that this thread isn't very active and there's not much word about the TCO position on Twitter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

just about to do my test on the website, they're just situational questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I wasn't joking, I thought the scenarios were harder to answer.
    I say harder, some of the answers were so similar it was hard to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Definitely agree about the scenario questions, found that quite difficult actually! Really hard to know how I did on those.

Crashed with an error half way through just now, damn.

Edit: hit back button few times and managed to get it done, was easy like last years I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Hi all,

I did the questionnaire this afternoon and in the section about experience (where you have worked etc) and I accidentally hit yes instead of no for one of the questions, the question was about having previously worked in the public/civil service before, and like an idiot I hit yet by mistake.

I've worked in the admin dept in a hospital before on work placement, surely that wouldn't count as having worked in the civil/public service? I did answer another question about having done work placements in the public/civil service.

Just wondering should I contact them and explain and hope for the best or say nothing at all?

I'm thinking I should contact them to tell them, because it will be discovered should I get any further in the assessment process.

Also, when it came to choosing counties from list B, all that was in the drop down menu was Donegal, Leitrim and Sligo, none of which are near to me at all (I'm a few hours away from them all), so I selected none, is there a good chance now that I won't get any further in the assessment or might they get back to me with other places nearer to me?

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 moon55

Anyone know wat date the questionnaire needs to be complete?

Message won't open on my account

• Advertisement

moon55 wrote: »
    Anyone know wat date the questionnaire needs to be complete?

Message won't open on my account

It has to be done by 12 noon next Thursday 26th.

Advertisement