Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officers nationwide 2015 campaign now open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

moon55 wrote: »
    Anyone know wat date the questionnaire needs to be complete?

Message won't open on my account
    From the message they sent me
    You have been allocated the following specific time window in which to complete your Assessment Questionnaire:

Between Thursday 19th March and 12 noon Thursday 26th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

moon55 wrote:
    Anyone know wat date the questionnaire needs to be complete?

Thursday, the 26th at noon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

I just did the questionnaire. I have to say I found the scenarios and the choice of Good, Adequate, Weak, Bad format a bit frustrating because you only see one option at one time. Hmmmm

Anybody know what the next step of the process is? More assessments or an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Meanman

You will get a result in a few weeks time. If you are placed in the top category you might get an interview if you are on the reserve list forget about it if you are NOT available 12 months of the year (e.g. student)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

They asked if you'd worked in civil service before. I am currently a TCO, and I'm wondering whether there's any chance people who've worked in the civil service before will get special consideration, or will the answer not be givenany special ranking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Janie77

Creol1 wrote: »
    They asked if you'd worked in civil service before. I am currently a TCO, and I'm wondering whether there's any chance people who've worked in the civil service before will get special consideration, or will the answer not be givenany special ranking?

I'd say if it's borderline between two people they will take the person with the experience working there before that's the way I would look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Crashed with an error half way through just now, damn.

Edit: hit back button few times and managed to get it done, was easy like last years I thought.

About time you got a job

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Meanman

I haven't worked in the Civil Service but I have family members who have done this exam over the past 3 years with various degrees of success. Year 1 was ranked in top category and got 10 weeks, Year two same type exam got reserve panel and no job and year 3 got top category and got 8 weeks work. Its all about where you are placed on the basis of the exam you have just completed. If other years are to go by the interview is not a "scored" interview they are only checking that you are who you say you are (bring I.D. etc). If you are applying for work in Dublin there will probably be plenty of opportunities but if you are like us in Ireland West if you are not in the top category you won't get work.

But all you can do now is sit and wait. Best of Luck

I'm still holding out to do the questionaire. I know people don't want to give much away cause we are their competitors but in the terms of the rate yourself, is it better to give all high scores basically varying between 4 and 5s?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Has anyone tried to fill out the questionnaire tonight? It won't load for me and this seems to be a problem for one person on another thread also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Not difficult at all, just requires a bit of cop on. Or that's what I got from it, it could be better done in fairness for a psychometric test. Hopefully I at least get an interview but you can never really tell with these type of exams on how well you will rank

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Slow Show wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to fill out the questionnaire tonight? It won't load for me and this seems to be a problem for one person on another thread also.

Out of date internet browser maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Out of date internet browser maybe ?

Nope that shouldn't be a problem, hmmm my internet connection isn't very reliable at the best of times so I suppose I'll give it another try on more reliable college internet during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Slow Show wrote: »

I couldn't get it to load either. On 2 different computers and three different browsers. I'm hoping it's a glitch.

Just completed it there, took me just under 40 minutes. It was okay just a bit hard to know what kind of answers they're looking for. Good luck to all ! I wonder when we will get word back

Also I didn't get a confirmation email yet after completing the test are you suppose too??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

Janie77 wrote: »
    Also I didn't get a confirmation email yet after completing the test are you suppose too??

I didn't get any either, from what other posters have said, now we wait!

Good luck everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Julabo

Just completed it. Not much to it to be honest. Was just truthful!

See how things go now I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Pangea wrote: »
    Taken from the Info booklet

Possible opportunities for future permanent appointment
    Candidates who are assigned and take up a temporary appointment from this competition may in certain circumstances be invited for additional assessment to compete for a permanent appointment. In order to be eligible to compete candidates will also have to be certified by the employing organisation as having been satisfactory in terms work performance and output; conduct; attendance including sick leave & punctuality.

Should such an opportunity arise, candidates will be advised at the appropriate time by e-mail. The e-mail address to which the message will be sent will be the one provided by you on your publicjobs.ie profile. The onus is on each individual candidate to ensure that their profile contains their valid up-to-date e-mail address, one they access on a regular basis. The Public Appointments Service will accept no responsibility in this matter.

Can I ask what information Booklet you got this from as I don't see it in the info booklet they sent in publicjobs message board? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

I did my questionnaire on sunday some of the scenarios were stupid. I have never encountered them in the 12 months I have been working as a TCO.

The positions over the summer are 10 weeks. Unlikely to be more than that.

• Advertisement

Is there any chance of permanent work after you have served your time as a temporary clerical officer??

Yes zero chance of a permanent job as you are just covering for those who have taken time off over the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    Yes zero chance of a permanent job as you are just covering for those who have taken time off over the summer.

They could die on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

should you always pick that county that you are living in as No 1 cause Id like to pick a different county but I'm thinking if you are successful and they see that you live in a different county, will they not offer you the job if you are successful cause they might think you wouldn't move to a new county for 8 weeks. like if you were living in Cork but put Limerick as No 1.

What are the chances if successful of being placed in the same department in the county you choose that you previously worked as a TCO. Are they more likely if you are successful to place you in the department you previously worked in or put you in a new department in the county.

fin12 wrote: »
    What are the chances if successful of being placed in the same department in the county you choose that you previously worked as a TCO. Are they more likely if you are successful to place you in the department you previously worked in or put you in a new department in the county.

Some might be successful but for me If I get the top group again this year I doubt I would be placed in the same department. I was responsible for HHC and that will be disbanded soon.

Its hard to tell where public jobs are concerned but maybe if they see that you have experience within a certain department they might place you there again. It makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Depends where you come on panel and who puts in their requests first. I was in a department in Summer 2013 then was given an extended contract to end of May 2014. I was number 3 on the 2014 panel and was offered a post in a different department that didn't suit me. I ended up being offered another contract in the original department on a special project.

I dont know how to say this, but basically I've social anxiety in certain situations and I'm just so scared that if im successful that i will be put in the same department that I previously worked in and what I experienced the first time as regards the anxiety will be so much worse cause if you have previously worked somewhere obviously a lot more will be expected of you and before people say well then you shouldn't apply, I need to because I really need a Job and this condition will effect me and has effected me in any job. Basically I just dont know what to do when you have to pick the county.

if you live in Cork but put down Limerick as no 1, do you think they would offer the job or do you think they would think or see it, that there's no point in moving to a new county for 8 weeks.

I dont know how to say this, but basically I've social anxiety in certain situations and I'm just so scared that if im successful that i will be put in the same department that I previously worked in and what I experienced the first time as regards the anxiety will be so much worse cause if you have previously worked somewhere obviously a lot more will be expected of you and before people say well then you shouldn't apply, I need to because I really need a Job and this condition will effect me and has effected me in any job. Basically I just dont know what to do when you have to pick the county.

if you live in Cork but put down Limerick as no 1, do you think they would offer the job or do you think they would think or see it, that there's no point in moving to a new county for 8 weeks.

I have no experience that so I can't give you advice but I don't see you putting down another county as a problem for a job that lasts only 8 to 10 weeks.

One thing I will say is that if its been a while since you have done a TCO job your bound to forget how to use the systems but once you spent a couple days on them you would be fine.

Could you travel to and from work instead of moving? I work with someone who travels from Kerry to Limerick ever day.

ya i have a car so i could travel but I'm just thinking from their point of view would rather place a person from the same county in a job then somebody from a different county because its a temporary role. does that person who travels from Kerry have permanent job

• Advertisement

ya i have a car so i could travel but I'm just thinking from their point of view would rather place a person from the same county in a job then somebody from a different county because its a temporary role. does that person who travels from Kerry have permanent job

No she doesn't have a permanent job. She is a TCO like me. Where she lived did not factor in the decision to give her the job.

I also know of someone else who travels from Kerry but he stays 2 nights a week in B&B.

Advertisement