Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officers nationwide 2015 campaign now open

Options
1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Necrominus wrote:
    Got the call yesterday that I'm starting in Sligo on Monday morning. 13 weeks minimum so happy days. Haven't a clue what section or building though as there's two different areas in the town it could be! Told me they'd send an email with the details yesterday evening or this morning but haven't heard anything yet, is this normal?

Necrominus wrote:
    Got the call yesterday that I'm starting in Sligo on Monday morning. 13 weeks minimum so happy days. Haven't a clue what section or building though as there's two different areas in the town it could be! Told me they'd send an email with the details yesterday evening or this morning but haven't heard anything yet, is this normal?

They asked me did I want contract in post or by email, I got it in email 10 Min's after phone call offering me place. (Last week).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

They asked me did I want contract in post or by email, I got it in email 10 Min's after phone call offering me place. (Last week).

I'll give it till the morning and give them a call I think. Might be the safest thing to do!

Necrominus wrote: »
    I'll give it till the morning and give them a call I think. Might be the safest thing to do!

I sent signed form in by express mail to be sure it was delivered.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I sent signed form in by express mail to be sure it was delivered.

Arrived by post this morning. Have to bring everything in on Monday so no panicking about post!! Looking forward to it now!

Necrominus wrote: »
    Arrived by post this morning. Have to bring everything in on Monday so no panicking about post!! Looking forward to it now!

Are you sure signed contract doesn't have to be returned before Monday, mine did I express posted it Tuesday?

From letter last Friday, I'm starting Monday 8th to:
    "Please sign attached Contract and return to me at address below immediately. "

• Advertisement

No my letter states to bring contract along with a whole other pile of rigmarole with me on Monday. Where are you starting may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Does anyone know what the dress code for the passport office cork is?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

I'm not 100% sure, but I can tell you I worked in a different Passport Office last year, and there were people who wore hoodies into work. You could ask for clarification if you're really concerned.

If you're worried about it then dress 'up' for the first day (shirt, trousers etc.) You can always dress down as appropriate the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Sorry to bump this thread, got a letter for an interview in the passport office for a 6month minimum temporary clerical officer....what does the structural interview involve, I know they gave a few competencies to focus on,eg ict, team work etc, is there anything I should be aware of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sorry to bump this thread, got a letter for an interview in the passport office for a 6month minimum temporary clerical officer....what does the structural interview involve, I know they gave a few competencies to focus on,eg ict, team work etc, is there anything I should be aware of

It's quite a difficult interview I went for it last year, it's the passport office in Cork isn't it? I think they give u a list of the differences competence, oh o I remeber being asked about the office of foreign affairs and trade, what I know about It. There were two people interviewing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Ya it is in Cork, they gave me the competencies 5 of them and prepare examples....Ya I might have a look at the Foreign affairs and trade. Cheers

Advertisement