Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking footage of teen stabbed for his Bike

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

For fck sake THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CRIME

LOL aren't you a naive soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

mynamejeff wrote: »
    LOL aren't you a naive soul.

Care to explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Nodin wrote: »
    Care to explain?

You and the other poster are the ones making such 100% certain claims that race had nothing to do with the motivation of this crime, ought not you be the ones to "explain" how it is you just know this to be true?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Do you think that if he wasn't skinny white kid he wouldn't have been attacked ?

do you think a Black or Asian kid is as likely to be the victim of a crime in that or any part of london ?

If you do then might be you dont know london as well as you might think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Yet again, for the slower ones out there, one of the killers was WHITE. Likewise if you think that black and Asian kids don't become the victim of violent crime you're codding yourselves. It's sad to say, but young black men and boys are forever getting injured and killed in London. Some of it is inter-gang stuff, and some of it is just lads being in the wrong place at the wrong time; being a victim of a random row at a party, mistaken identity or just being targeted for being in the wrong postcode.

Have a look at articles about young people getting stabbed and shot in London and they're probably going to be black, Asian or Turkish.

So please, spare us the b*llocks about black people not being the victim of crime please.

I mean for f*ck's sake, the term "black on black" crime exists for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Do you think that if he wasn't skinny white kid he wouldn't have been attacked ?

do you think a Black or Asian kid is as likely to be the victim of a crime in that or any part of london ?

If you do then might be you dont know london as well as you might think

I was one of 2 white people in my class in a south London college and at least a quarter of the boys in the class had been robbed at some stage of their lives. My fiance is black and has been robbed, in Lambeth no less. I have no idea why anyone on here would think that being black is effectively robbery immunity in London, but it's not reality. Sure the "cruasder" himself even wtnessed a black on black robbery!

Amazingfun wrote: »
    You and the other poster are the ones making such 100% certain claims that race had nothing to do with the motivation of this crime, ought not you be the ones to "explain" how it is you just know this to be true?

There's no evidence, white person was involved, I don't have a racist agenda nor do I intend to use this thread as a platform for such views, bumped now and again to keep it going...that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I cannot believe it. The poor kid was stabbed for just minding his own business for being only on his bike. wtf?. I hope the scum that killed him will get their key thrown away for good behind bars.

R.I.P Alan and sincere condolences to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

For fck sake THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CRIME

The point I think a lot of people are trying to make is that this gang "culture" that now exists in London tends to have been created in "multicultural" environments. You see similar behaviour and types of crimes across anywhere in Europe where you get high levels of multiculturalism. I feel like the criminals in those areas tend to feel even less remorseful about their actions and are much more vicious. This is perhaps because they feel less connected to the societies in which they live.

The point I think a lot of people are trying to make is that this gang
    "culture" that now exists in London tends to have been created in
    "multicultural" environments. You see similar behaviour and types of crimes
    across anywhere in Europe where you get high levels of multiculturalism.

Have you a few examples of where this happens elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Cuban Pete

Would these "multicultural" environments perhaps better be described as areas with high rates of poverty? Certain people want to paint crime as an issue inherent to certain races (particularly in the US, as you'll often see examples of in AH threads) but really, when you look at it, what you see is the same thing across the world: crime rates are higher among areas with higher rates of poverty.

Have you a few examples of where this happens elsewhere?

I have an example of the senseless types of attacks in London.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu2WuBKgLNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGdUICkVcnw

There are so many. Once again it's not really about skin colour as you see the perpetrators can be of any ethnic background. Yet they seem to be much more savage when they have grown up in multicultural environments.

I know that a similar culture exists in Paris.

There's no evidence, white person was involved, I don't have a racist agenda nor do I intend to use this thread as a platform for such views, bumped now and again to keep it going...that kind of thing.

You haven't answered with one shred of evidence as to how you or anyone else can know with 100% certainty the mindset and motivations of these criminals.

As to the rest of your post:

Updating threads with new and relevant info is necessary for those of us committed to truth and accuracy, can't imagine why that would offend you? Unless the updates serve to smash some of the more hysterical and erroneous claims made earlier in those threads of course.
    As well as all that, showing a genuine interest in the event's outcome ought to be of interest to everyone, not just those riding current events to display their PC credentials....you know, that kind of thing....;)

Ps: You accusing others of having "agendas" on a chat site is quite comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TommyOM

There are so many. Once again it's not really about skin colour as you see the perpetrators can be of any ethnic background. Yet they seem to be much more savage when they have grown up in multicultural environments.

Your first link talks about vicious knife crime and yet two of the worst cities over the course of the last decade for knife crime have been Glasgow and Limerick which can hardly be deemed as being in anyway close to being multicultural compared to most cities.

Well the French don't do multi-culturalism, so presumably by that term you mean "places where theres brown people" or something similar.

A few years ago there was a rape in Limerick*, where a number of teenagers attacked a couple in a car. They locked the male in the boot and then raped the woman - one after the other - on top of it. In Belfast some time ago a teenager raped a teenage girl, then, having taken her mobile, rang her parents to tell them what he had done. Given that neither area was particularily "multi-cultural" I think your notion that such enviroments lead to more "savage" crimes entirely wrong.

Actually it was Clare and one of them was from Limerick
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0627/64774-clare/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

You haven't answered with one shred of evidence as to how you or anyone else can know with 100% certainty the mindset and motivations of these criminals

I'm curious, why do people saying that this is unlikely to be a racist attack need 100% proof, but this quote:

"I hope they nail the bastards on a hate crime too. This is almost certainly racially motivated."

Received a "thanks" from you? Are you a hypocrite?

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    I'm curious, why do people saying that this is unlikely to be a racist attack need 100% proof, but this quote:

"I hope they nail the bastards on a hate crime too. This is almost certainly racially motivated."

Received a "thanks" from you? Are you a hypocrite?

No, I'm not. There is a difference between claiming to know the criminal's mindset with certainty and someone else claiming "almost certainty" early on in the thread.

Cuban Pete wrote: »
    Would these "multicultural" environments perhaps better be described as areas with high rates of poverty? Certain people want to paint crime as an issue inherent to certain races (particularly in the US, as you'll often see examples of in AH threads) but really, when you look at it, what you see is the same thing across the world: crime rates are higher among areas with higher rates of poverty.

This is a tired myth:
    “Owsley County, Ky. – There are lots of diversions in the Big White Ghetto, the vast moribund matrix of Wonder Bread–hued Appalachian towns and villages stretching from northern Mississippi to southern New York, a slowly dissipating nebula of poverty and misery with its heart in eastern Kentucky, the last redoubt of the Scots-Irish working class that picked up where African slave labor left off, mining and cropping and sawing the raw materials for a modern American economy that would soon run out of profitable uses for the class of people who 500 years ago would have been known, without any derogation, as peasants. …

There’s a great deal of drug use, welfare fraud, and the like, but the overall crime rate throughout Appalachia is about two-thirds the national average, and the rate of violent crime is half the national average, according to the National Criminal Justice Reference Service. …”

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/367903/white-ghetto-kevin-d-williamson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

As discussed on the hate crimes thread, an attack on someone who has a different skin colour to their attackers (or the majority of their attackers) is not necessarily racially motivated - whatever colour skin the victim has.

Sometimes the cries of "racist attack" (whatever the scenario, whatever the victim's skin colour) seem like agenda-pushing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭BD45

Try reversing the races in this terrible event and then imagine both the media coverage and worldwide "outrage" in response. You think racial motivation would be considered then? So...yeah, it works both ways.

True. Hate crimes are only considered hate crimes when it's white on non-white.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I get the impression from the f**tards who do this sort of thing that they don't seem to think that stabbing someone anywhere just the once can be fatal. The youngster in this case may have been damaged fatally in the heart, lung or aorta. Despite the rocketing property prices places like Islington are still a bit weird as to the juxtaposition of extreme wealth and comfort and dismal estates, Pimlico is like that as well.

No, I'm not. There is a difference between claiming to know the criminal's mindset with certainty and someone else claiming "almost certainty" early on in the thread.

Some people seem to think they know a criminals mindset merely from his presumed race, going on some posts in this thread.

Some people seem to think they know a criminals mindset merely from his presumed race, going on some posts in this thread.

But he didn't claim to know anything with certainty and later retracted his claim ...something you amicably discussed with him on this very thread. So why attack him now? It couldn't be to deflect attention away from the fact it's you who posted you just knew there was no racial aspect to this crime at all.

But do carry on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

To be fair it's not like Amazingfuns posts in other threads all share a common theme or anything..

But he didn't claim to know anything with certainty and later retracted his claim ...something you amicably discussed with him on this very thread. So why attack him now? It couldn't be to deflect attention away from the fact it's you who posted you just knew there was no racial aspect to this crime at all.

But do carry on ;)

It's not him I'm talking about.

Wide Load wrote: »
    To be fair it's not like Amazingfuns posts in other threads all share a common theme or anything..

Jaysus no, Jaysus no.

Wide Load wrote: »

Yes, a commitment to truth and actual facts is a fairly consistent theme of mine aright. Good to see you're paying such close attention to me and yet I can't recall a single memorable post of yours anywhere else at all. Pity....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

Yes, a commitment to truth and actual facts is a fairly consistent theme of mine aright. Good to see you're paying such close attention to me and yet I can't recall a single memorable post of yours anywhere else at all. Pity....

It's hard not to pay attention when they pop up in every race related thread for some reason? You probably don't remember any of mine due to me being a new member and having less than 100 of them. They don't usually have sinister undertones in them either so there's that, not the most memorable. Anyway, best not drag the thread off topic.

Well the French don't do multi-culturalism, so presumably by that term you mean "places where theres brown people" or something similar.

No I mean multicultural areas as in multiple cultures existing among one another in a high concentration usually the result of large migrations.

Yes you can pick out a few from Belfast or Limerick but they're nothing like what happens in London.

Here's an article from today about a crime from last year. It shows CCTV footage of a man stabbing a bus driver in the eye. This stuff happens all the time in London.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/bus-driver-stabbed-in-the-eye-with-stanley-knife-in-shocking-cctv-footage-10085850.html

You are being disingenuous in your ignorance.

• Advertisement

No I mean multicultural areas as in multiple cultures existing among one another in a high concentration usually the result of large migrations.

Yes you can pick out a few from Belfast or Limerick but they're nothing like what happens in London..

Dear me.

Why do you think these people have anything other than a southern English/London culture?
    Here's an article from today about a crime from last year. It shows CCTV footage of a man stabbing a bus driver in the eye. This stuff happens all the time in London.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/bus-driver-stabbed-in-the-eye-with-stanley-knife-in-shocking-cctv-footage-10085850.html

You are being disingenuous in your ignorance.

People get stabbed in many parts of the world, including here.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-stabbed-eight-times-and-blinded-in-eye-by-burglars-29767416.html

If you have an argument, you aren't making it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement