Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking footage of teen stabbed for his Bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

****ing little pricks. Hope they are caught soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Ofc, had to be a gang of blacks... <_<;

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Ofc, had to be a gang of blacks... <_<;
    MOD: Don't start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

nokia69 wrote: »
    scumbags

I believe the British word is "chavs". It looks in the video like he does not even notice he has been stabbed. I have heard that this might be actually common reaction for stab victims - that sometimes it's not noticed straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭keanosbeard

No, those weren't chavs. The stereotype of the Chav ( Council Housed And Violent ) is White Anglo Saxon male.

Police have given the description of the suspects as " Male Youths ".

However, on close inspection of the footage, they do appear to be Afro Carribean / British Blacks / Males of the BAME community.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

No, those weren't chavs. The stereotype of the Chav ( Council Housed And Violent ) is White Anglo Saxon male.

Police have given the description of the suspects as " Male Youths ".

However, on close inspection of the footage, they do appear to be Afro Carribean / British Blacks / Males of the BAME community.

Your accuracy is highly offensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Must be why the police have claimed the stabber is a white male................................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

And I thought only India was unsafe..

mikom wrote: »
    Must be why the police have claimed the stabber is a white male................................

Nee-naw, the PC Brigade is here. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

He'll be caught. Can't keep a secret amongst a group of kids that age. Not a chance.

Family appeal earlier:

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I live about 300 yards from where this happened. I passed by the flowers on Sunday without realising what had happened.

The amount of teenagers stabbed to death around here is shocking. I can think of at least 6 in the last 2/3 years within a few miles of here.

Automatic jail for people carrying knives I believe is the only solution.

mikom wrote: »

Hi,

I was addressing the original " Chav " comment. And viewed the footage. The suspects are not dressed, do not appear to be " Chavs ". They appear to be urban youths.

The police didn't say the stabber " is " white.

Their appeal said " thought " to be white. In the video, the colour of the victim was clear, the assailants less so.

http://content.met.police.uk/Appeal/CCTV-released-in-appeal-over-Alan-Cartwrights-murder-in-Islington/1400030223957/1257246745782

‘Suspect one’ is described as a male youth of slim build. He is believed to have been wearing a grey or dark coloured hooded top and dark bottom's which could have had a keychain hanging from the rear pocket. He was wearing some sort of face covering but is thought to be white.

‘Suspect two’ is described as a male youth who was slim to medium build. He was wearing a black sleeveless jacket with a black hooded top underneath. He was wearing a shoulder bag across his body. He was also wearing a type of face covering but is thought to be black.

‘Suspect three’ is a male youth of medium build. He was wearing a thee-quarter length coat with a hood, which appeared to have some sort of trim around it. He is wearing a dark top with a multi-coloured motif on the chest. He is wearing lighter coloured bottoms and dark shoes. He is also covering his face. There is no information as to his ethnicity.

He'll be caught. Can't keep a secret amongst a group of kids that age. Not a chance.

Family appeal earlier:

In certain communities in London, you might be surprised. Open secrets, but never shared with what are called in parts of London " Da Feds ".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Should be hanged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Hi,

I was addressing the original " Chav " comment. And viewed the footage. The suspects are not dressed, do not appear to be " Chavs ". They appear to be urban youths.

A Chav isn't an urban youth? Do they flock at a different time of year or something?

The police didn't say the stabber " is " white.

Their appeal said " thought " to be white. In the video, the colour of the victim was clear, the assailants less so.

The police said "thought to be white"

You said "they do appear to be Afro Carribean / British Blacks / Males of the BAME community".

Who has a better chance of being correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

I hope they nail the bastards on a hate crime too. This is almost certainly racially motivated.

I don't like the word Chav. It is derogatory and horrible term. But in answer to the pedantic ones question, regarding " flocking ";

A " Chav " is likely to be to be found in a small English " New Town " with predominance of 1950s, 60s, 70s post war housing estates, with the estates built primary to house folk relocated from the cities. " Chav's " would be found in as places like Dartford, Chatham, Hemel Hempsted, Stevenage, Dunstable, Corby, Milton Keynes.

An " Urban Youth " is likely to be found in denser inner city environment of a major city, such as London, in an area such as Hackney, Walthamstow, Euston, Paddington.

I don't like the word Chav. It is derogatory. But in answer to the pedantic ones question;

A " Chav " is likely to be found flocking to be found in a small English town outside a major city, with predominance of 1950s, 60s, 70s housing estates, such as places like Dartford, Chatham, Hemel Hempsted, Stevenage, Dunstable, Corby.

An " Urban Youth " is likely to be found in denser inner city enviorment of a major city, such as London, in an area such as Hackney, Walthamstow, Euston, Paddington.

What about "Musical youth"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I hope they nail the bastards on a hate crime too. This is almost certainly racially motivated.

Based on.......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Nodin wrote: »
    Based on.......?

Based on the colour of the victims bikes. Cant see any other grounds to be honest.

Nodin wrote: »
    Based on.......?

Black gang members, in a predominantly white part of London (Islington) just happen to target a white youth on a bike, and stab him to death. That is just my opinion of course. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

It's pathetic when people from Ireland use crimes perpetrated in different countries to feed their ignorance and racism towards black people. Unsettling number of them on this forum. Was After Hours always full of wannabe ultra right/left-wing types or has it only came about in the past few years?

It's pathetic when people from Ireland use crimes perpetrated in different countries to feed their ignorance and racism towards black people. Unsettling number of them on this forum. Was After Hours always full of wannabe ultra right/left-wing types or has it only came about in the past few years?

So being disgusted by gang related murder is now racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Undercover Brother

I knew this lad. Used to work in his school. Those animals will be found eventually and when they are the key should be thrown away. And to those posters who say this was racially motivated, I don't think I've ever heard anything as stupid in my life. How could you possibly come to that conclusion?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

rob316 wrote: »
    Couldn't see this posted.

Footage released of a 15 year old boy stabbed for his bike in London. Pretty shocking stuff

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11446164/Alan-Cartwright-stabbing-CCTV-shows-moment-teen-knifed-on-bike-in-Islington.html

Absolute scum, hope they catch them. Taking someone's life for a bike.

**Sorry should of state he cycled on down the road, collapsed and died due to single stab wound**

He had no chance.

Meanwhile the media concentrate on Chelsea fans singing racist songs :rolleyes:

Obviously this is the priority.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

I knew this lad. Used to work in his school. Those animals will be found eventually and when they are the key should be thrown away. And to those posters who say this was racially motivated, I don't think I've ever heard anything as stupid in my life. How could you possibly come to that conclusion?

Because blacks in London only rob whites, never their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

I get the feeling it started as faux outrage to get a reaction, for most anyway. Maybe now they're starting to believe the drivel they post.

Who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement