Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Cold, Snowy Weather Feb 28th - March 3rd 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pipermarie

almost 3 meters

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hard to believe this was only 2 hours ago, most of it is now gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Heres hi res modis sat view of the band off ppn that gave snow to many :) Its a LARGE file so i won't embed it to post...

http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/imagery/subsets/?subset=United_Kingdom_Ireland.2015060.terra.250m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,093 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A nice wintry update from met eireann @ 1618

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

hopefully we can hold onto this patchy shaded cover once it freezes tonight. Surprised it hasn't all melted. Might be hard to shift until late Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 sheepboy288

PLEASE please god or shaman may we get a good amount of snow, please !! there was a time today for about 5 minutes the snow was MASSIVE, huge. so beautiful .

meteoradar.co.uk/?type=rain-snow-sleet

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Can someone please tell me if it's to snow in dublin tonight the kids here are very sad since that snow has cleared...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me if it's to snow in dublin tonight the kids here are very sad since that snow has cleared...

"the kids"? who do you think you're fooling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Is that a polar low spinning up out in the Atlantic? Not sure if conditions are right for one but it sure looks like one to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Quite white still on the south Wicklow mountains
    Looks like several inches of a top up on Lugnaquilla from this morning's event,looking towards it from Arklow,I'd not be surprised if 6 inches or more fell there
    It is very very plastered looking now and no doubt sub zero

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sheltered parts of the garden still have a light covering of snow here, that should last till the morning. Anywhere the sun got it is mostly clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

It looks good alright, I was disappointed it was sleet here before it snowed :(
    I think it would have stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

With all due respect this is not MT's forecast or ME's forecast, it is my forecast. If you don't like it or have an issue don't read the thread or any thread started by me. You have that choice.

Listen, all I said was that people aren't getting too excited about your predictions. I don't mean to upset you, but I do think you take yourself a bit too seriously.

I don't want to cause a row, this is much more your forum than it is mine, so I'll bow out gracefully.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭highdef

Very substantial snow shower moving from west to east in the north midlands and the moment. If it keeps up, much of Meath will be getting a decent dumping in an hour or so. Gonzo, you could be in the firing line too. Bigger towns that could be affected would include Trim and Navan; and then areas east of those. A smaller shower is also developing to the south of the above shower and that could affect the northern half of Kildare which could potentially affect Dublin, if it were to survive.

Of course, there are showers in other parts of the country but I'm only talking about showers in my neck of the woods as they are of most interest to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

That shower passed through here and was pretty lame tbh.

Hopefully those along the west coast will get to see some nice flashes and bangs later on tonight as the thermal gradient between sea and atmosphere continues to increase.

New Moon

not much happened here from that shower, few grains settled on the car.

Would be nice if there was more duck feathers during the night but those are rarer than rare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Gonzo wrote: »

Would be nice if there was more duck feathers during the night but those are rarer than rare.

Rarer than hen's teeth

that shower cleared here and it was just rain in the end:( melted a bit more of the snow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The main stuff is brewing out west now.
    Expect widespread snow showers after midnight with several cm lying by morning in the west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

The main stuff is brewing out west now.
    Expect widespread snow showers after midnight with several cm lying by morning in the west

I am off my head with the drink. A snowy Monday morning would make me so happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Any chance for Dublin tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It was a lovely day here in S Sligo - sunny and dry and great for the garden. I don't hold much with weather apps and reckon you weather people have been spot on collectively this winter but my weather app has also been possessed with predicting correctly also - snow and rain from about 11;30 here - snow showers about 4am - is forecasted - though it's starry and not too cold out now. Another interesting fact is that any snow this winter here, has started with flurries on a Monday with Tuesday being a snow day - strange coincidence -

That added heat in the sun is sure to scupper any proper lying daily snow - but still I'm looking forward to the last gasp of winter and the March lion roar (or should that be duck feathered snow or Eider Snow) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

A little late but was walking on Abbey Hill, Co Clare today between 10:00 and 13:30.

Got a real nice long show shower that lasted approx 80 mins. Real big fluffy flakes and decent snow cover on the top, maybe 2 cms. After sky cleared up, lovely and blue.

Made a snowman at the top. Will try and post a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Any reports of whats falling from the sky from them big showers moving in

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Any reports of whats falling from the sky from them big showers moving in

In west Clare with the baby showers im getting snow pellets. They appear as hail but completely splatter with little noise off the window.

How am i in the middle of 2 monster showers?

Edit: Temperature rose rapididly there and the wind picked up significantly and now we have heavy sleet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Carnacalla wrote: »
    In west Clare with the baby showers im getting snow pellets. They appear as hail but completely splatter with little noise off the window.

How am i in the middle of 2 monster showers?

Edit: Temperature rose rapididly there and the wind picked up significantly and now we have heavy sleet.

Here in the southern tip of the Burren there's nothing much happening either.

Just some shloppy shleet :-(

The proper cold won't arrive until after midnight so the showers right now will be more sleet than snow.

Quiet in here........I guess a lot of people have moved on now that Winter proper is going to turn into Spring by next wknd

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The proper cold won't arrive until after midnight so the showers right now will be more sleet than snow.

Quiet in here........I guess a lot of people have moved on now that Winter proper is going to turn into Spring by next wknd

By god itll be spring next weekend! 15c! Ill be taking out the sun chairs!

The wind has dropped by an amazing amount since the shower passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

And it's promised to be a north and west event, they're always a bit quite

• Advertisement

Raining in cork can hear it.
    So not cold enough yet

Advertisement