Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Cold, Snowy Weather Feb 28th - March 3rd 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭highdef

Raining in cork can hear it.
    So not cold enough yet
    Did you look to see if it is an icy mix or graupel mixed with rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

there's definitely a mix of snow/rain/graupel

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Graupel is the best foundation for snow fall later on where ever it hangs around. JS is right though the transition to snow is not going to take much longer where you do have the showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

True love a good coating of hail before the proper stuff comes! Hoping things will develop soon here in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Lots of hail /sleet in Galway with blustery winds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

damn it galway and mayo stop hogging all the good stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭pauldry

Huge shower just missed sligo.

As someone said above all our snow events hv been on a monday n tuesday this winter

Bar a haily friday in the hailiest january on record

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭pauldry

Huge shower just missed sligo.

As someone said above all our snow events hv been on a monday n tuesday this winter

Bar a haily friday in the hailiest january on record

Discernible trough line now over the west of the country. There may be a bit of a squall line with that too hence the sudden increase in wind reported.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Could bring a bit of snow further east and north depending on how far it goes. Could set the trend for the rest of the night. If none of that makes it to the east I wouldn't wait up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Discernible trough line now over the west of the country. There may be a bit of a squall line with that too hense the sudden increase in wind reported.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Could bring a bit of snow further east and north depending on how far it goes. Could set the trend for the rest of the night.

Severe gusts with that, its almost calm again now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Belmullet up to 4 degrees on the 2300 reports, Shannon airport 3 degrees ,Newport 3 degrees. even Claremorris well inland is 2 degrees. a few hours yet before snow falls/sticks. big showers out west but seem to be breaking up into rather small affairs upon reaching the coastline

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Was getting nervy as the last shower there was just a sleety mix here again in Limerick, but looking at the charts the real cold starts to kick in between 12am-3am. Might set the alarm for around 4am for a quick look out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Heavy rain/wet snow with a nasty breeze in Galway East.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Was getting nervy as the last shower there was just a sleety mix here again in Limerick, but looking at the charts the real cold starts to kick in between 12am-3am. Might set the alarm for around 4am for a quick look out!
    I'll be up for work at 5 so I'll give an update then.

I'll be up for work at 5 so I'll give an update then.

No point of an update if we are asleep! (But post anyways, its nice to know where its snowing and where it's not)

My laptop is broken so I am limited in the weather websites I can access with a reasonable amount of effort. Can anyone enlightenment me with the temperatures and percip will be at 8/9am tommorow morning? It would be very appericated thatnks.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    No point of an update if we are asleep! (But post anyways, its nice to know where its snowing and where it's not)

My laptop is broken so I am limited in the weather websites I can access with a reasonable amount of effort. Can anyone enlightenment me with the temperatures and percip will be at 8/9am tommorow morning? It would be very appericated thatnks.

I think probably fairly widespread first thing and they will certainly be 100% snow and would be likely to settle all-be-it temporary once the sun gets to work.

I think probably fairly widespread first thing and they will certainly be 100% snow and would be likely to settle all-be-it temporary once the sun gets to work.

Great! How about the west? Will that have it?
    Anything better than this sleetly crap im watchibg slide down my window now.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Great! How about the west? Will that have it?

Mostly, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

what charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Very vicious shower in Galway atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

0 degrees in cork/kerry border at the mo. wind picking up

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Davdee1

It's very clear starry skies here in Dublin. Cool not cold. So reckon if we get anything it'll be light overnight

I wonder will the heavies from the US have any trouble getting into DUB and SNN tomorrow morning (heavies refer to large Trans Atlantic jets).

Id say it will be an intresting morning if anything heavy falls. Dublun AP was closed for 20mins todat just after 1:30pm.

Looks like the trough in the midlands will make it to the east coast shortly. Probably a little early for snow at the lowest levels, I suspect a wintry mix in Dublin for example, more snow clearly for the Wicklow mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

wind fairly picking up in maynooth. very chilly. sky looks wintery too.

wind fairly picking up in maynooth. very chilly. sky looks wintery too.

Do us a favor and keep us up to date. Don't want to stay up any longer than I have to :P

I'm in north Kildare, not far from Enfield and kilcock. Temp is at 1.4 - rising slowly. Precip due soon. Heading to bed shortly but can confirm that snow is falling in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭faktisperminute

white gold is falling 15 min away from knock, Freezing -1.2 degrees celsius, everything is covered in snow.

BIG POWEDERY FLAKES!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

rain sleet slightest of wet snow. trying hard though. I will wait and see what materialises out of this

• Advertisement

Moderate wet snow has begun. temp up to 1.6c though

Advertisement