Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Cold, Snowy Weather Feb 28th - March 3rd 2015

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Short video I put together for Irish Weather Online showing some of the photos that were shared on our facebook page from this spell. :)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1067692126580501

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

For anyone on the night shift here, just had a big spill of snow here in North Cork in the past 15 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

We havent had any snow here in south sligo today but had lots last night, woke up monday morning to a thick coating of it, at least 5 or 6 inches but it had turned to sleety rain at that stage. The two or three snowfalls we had this year seemed to thaw quite quickly during the day which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Short video I put together for Irish Weather Online showing some of the photos that were shared on our facebook page from this spell. :)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1067692126580501

Beautiful!!! But lord God that music makes me feel very unwell...:D

Bring on the spring really looking forward to it now.

Same place next year!? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Who wants to put down bets on snow for easter lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That was a very interesting spell with some decent events for some and ninja snow for others. The clear Greenland air it has left over us is beautiful.

It is however at an end, temperatures recovering to normal in the next 12 hours and out past the weekend it looks very seasonal.

Time to put the lid on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lovely morning on the commute today. 4C. No sign of any snow, except on the hills. Glad to see the back of it.

Nice mild morning now, sun shining.

BBQ at the weekend anybody?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

7°C right now in Carlow.

So is that it now for the cold weather?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Cloudless sunny day, still lots of snow on the hills - 9.5c and rising. Feels warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Well called by Kermit on this one got to see some "duck feathers" so that's me and the young lad happy would have liked to have seen more but what you gonna do certainly better winter than last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

7°C right now in Carlow.

So is that it now for the cold weather?

I'd imagine so. It did well to last as long as it has but Spring has to start kicking in at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lovely warm and sunny with the remainder of the slush piles just melted. Roll on spring!

What's the max temperature ever recorded in march in ireland.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Carnacalla wrote: »
    What's the max temperature ever recorded in march in ireland.

23.6c Long way to go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Hats off to Kermit, he was brave enough on several occassions to call snow and mostly not in his own area. His input this winter was most informative and enjoyable. In Westport here we had several days of snow this winter from showers which involved thunder snow on two occasions. Monday night fork lightening and thunder right over us. Looking likely that's that for this winter but you never know. I enjoyed everyone's contributions. Roll on November!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Let's hope next Winter delivers both and all areas of Ireland can enjoy a long decent snowy spell. I will be hoping for a true Northerly as I'm selfish :p but I hope the snow starved East gets a good pasting.

Enough of this poor East talk, I seen plenty of snow reports on here from Dublin this week, just scroll back.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Pangea wrote: »
    Enough of this poor East talk, I seen plenty of snow reports on here from Dublin this week, just scroll back.

It did snow, technically, but it didn't SNOW...if you not what I mean. :) We have not seen SNOW in Dublin for years now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Loughc wrote: »
    I'd imagine so. It did well to last as long as it has but Spring has to start kicking in at some stage.

You're right I guess.

Roll on Winter 2015 haha. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Pangea wrote: »
    That all depends were you live in Dublin señor Pangea.Show showers & accumulating snow were totally different

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

delw wrote: »
    That all depends were you live in Dublin señor Pangea.Show showers & accumulating snow were totally different

Thats the same in any County though, there will be places that see accumulating snow and others that dont. I didnt see any accumulating snow here in Donegal, what fell at me was actually an inch of hail stones. The I cant believe its not snow variety!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

two long exposures of the Galtees tonight
    [IMG][/img]2i904ns.jpg
    [IMG][/img]1z23moo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Really if we want to get a prolonged cold snowy spell it needs to be in dec jan and feb, apart from those months the temperature averages are just to high in general. At least this winter was colder than last and here in the north west we had 2 or 3 snow events and a good number nights of sub zero temperatures.

Advertisement