Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Cold, Snowy Weather Feb 28th - March 3rd 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

It has stopped here for the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Light snow falling in Blackrock but brightened up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

teh thaw is very fast. down to about 3cm now from 5cm only half an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Heaviest snow iv seen since 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Snowing at the park shopping centre in carrickmines for past hour. Not sticking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Heavy wet snow in Delgany

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Easing off D16
    image_zps1lygv3pr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Not a flake in Castlebar. Hope it comes at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Very heavy snow in Blanchardstown and Dublin 15 in general since 12.00....stopped now though....

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Ah Jaysus I'm in Cork for the weekend and there naaathin down here atm. Will there be any more snow for the south and east later on? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Temperatures are rising in the west and are quite high, generally 7c :confused:
    Claremorris was 0c earlier and is now 7c? Is there a warm sector or something?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Somebody in Wicklow must be getting thundersnow? http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html? :)

Snow has stopped here now (in Dublin 16) and the sun is trying to break through. 2.1c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wow looks lovely up there horsefarm.
    We had about half an hour of wet snow here with zero settling.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Decent fall here, but very wet. Melting now, but still on roofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Decent fall here, but very wet. Melting now, but still on roofs.

Wow they had to get the Portmarnock diggers out to clear the snow!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

The sloppiest shíttiest mess of a snow event here in north Kildare. Nice to see while it falls but really not worth it for the mess it leaves just after it stops. Give me spring weather over this any time.

Nice clear ice pellets earlier though. Not often we get conditions perfect for those

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Stations around Dublin reported 0 c at 1300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Temperatures are rising in the west and are quite high, generally 7c :confused:
    Claremorris was 0c earlier and is now 7c? Is there a warm sector or something?

The snow melted in Galway very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The snow melted in Galway very quickly.
    Yes, as I was saying temps have inexplicably shot up in the west?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes, as I was saying temps have inexplicably shot up in the west?
    Eh, the sun is shining brightly. In fact, it is most pleasant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Maynooth earlier, not quite as good as a few weeks ago, snow still hanging on in places.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Im still very surprised by today's snow. looking at the charts were only starting to get the cooler air with much colder conditions on the way for Monday, Tuesday and most of Wednesday. The Temps in the west are now what was expected for today. It seems as if that band of precipition plummeted temps for the short period it was over us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Rapid thaw on in Mullingar. Shame to see it all go so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

:) Was great to see a full transition today , from rain to sleet to wet snow , then hail then big duck feather snowflakes then . Thank you evaporating cooling!

TheBody wrote: »
    Rapid thaw on in Mullingar. Shame to see it all go so quickly.

That's the sad thing about March Snow, it never lasts! If this was January we may have held onto it for longer! But it so good to see it fall and for about 45 minutes I was fooled into thinking we were under and Irish Sea Steamer!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Gonzo wrote: »
    Im still very surprised by today's snow. looking at the charts were only starting to get the cooler air with much colder conditions on the way for Monday, Tuesday and most of Wednesday. The Temps in the west are now what was expected for today. It seems as if that band of precipition plummeted temps for the short period it was over us.

Will there be any more snow for dublin tonight or tomorrow thx

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sheepboy288

GOOD MAN !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pipermarie

Wish I could bring you some. I have 8 feet in my backyard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

pipermarie wrote: »
    Wish I could bring you some. I have 8 feet in my backyard.
    Four kids?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Iancar29 wrote: »
    :) Was great to see a full transition today , from rain to sleet to wet snow , then hail then big duck feather snowflakes then . Thank you evaporating cooling!

Duck feather snowflakes, thanks for putting a name on them.

Advertisement