Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Well it's all over the place now. Along with the usual "thank god this didn't happen in the air" comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

EI-DUO due back in Dublin at 9am also I believe EI-FNG had some sort of engine explosion in Boston due to a bird strike

Nibs05 wrote: »
    EI-DUO due back in Dublin at 9am also I believe EI-FNG had some sort of engine explosion in Boston due to a bird strike

Yeah she having her engine changed in Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Yeah she having her engine changed in Boston.

Might be off topic but what's the cost incurred with this and what happens to the old engine

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Another week of Shannon cancellations?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Another week of Shannon cancellations?

An engine change will impact the operation for max 2 days. If there are any cancellatioms/hire ins it will be on the route with the lowest loadfactor/connecting traffic/J Class pax. Therefore each route stands on its own performance.

Tenger wrote: »
    An engine change will impact the operation for max 2 days. If there are any cancellatioms/hire ins it will be on the route with the lowest loadfactor/connecting traffic/J Class pax. Therefore each route stands on its own performance.

Which I accept, but after several cancellations over the last week it damages the reputation of the routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Which I accept, but after several cancellations over the last week it damages the reputation of the routes.

I agree to an extent but lets face it, its not like the Clare Herald need another excuse for EI bashing. The selected canx flights will meet the criteria as outlined by Tenger.

Jack1985 wrote: »
    I agree to an extent but lets face it, its not like the Clare Herald need another excuse for EI bashing. The selected canx flights will meet the criteria as outlined by Tenger.

The Clare Herald takes it overboard. Every cancellation shouldn't be reported, but days of them should really.

Should the airline not start making arrangements for spare/hire in capacity after days and days of cancellation? 900 passengers off of 3 return flights isn't exactly a small amount.

Assuming the fleet at EI continues to grow, will this not make technical issues more frequent among the fleet, and leading to the Shannon routes being cancelled all the time?

And as a side remark, how is a SNN 757 supposed to contend with a DUB A330? The Aer Lingus routes at Shannon have shocking reliability in comparison to the transatlanic routes of other airlines in Shannon, so they really are hurting themselves in terms of image.

EI139 to Boston this evening is being operated by an A330-200 from HiFly.

• Advertisement

The Clare Herald takes it overboard. Every cancellation shouldn't be reported, but days of them should really.

Should the airline not start making arrangements for spare/hire in capacity after days and days of cancellation? 900 passengers off of 3 return flights isn't exactly a small amount.

Assuming the fleet at EI continues to grow, will this not make technical issues more frequent among the fleet, and leading to the Shannon routes being cancelled all the time?

And as a side remark, how is a SNN 757 supposed to contend with a DUB A330? The Aer Lingus routes at Shannon have shocking reliability in comparison to the transatlanic routes of other airlines in Shannon, so they really are hurting themselves in terms of image.

Agree with you regard technical slack, it's something that has to be planned for although try explain that to the bean counters, at the end of the day aircraft only make money in the air.

Shannon has had its share of cancellations, agreed much higher than at DUB. But it's simply due to the fact, it'll be less costly for hire ins, less affected pax and less affected changes to crewing which can be much more of a headache for any airline with crews and/or aircraft out of place (More on the 330 operation than on the 757).

EI-LBT positioned to SNN this morning, EI-DUO is home in DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Is it their pilots and cabin crew that crew these flights. Would the service be much similiar to EI

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

adam88 wrote: »
    Is it their pilots and cabin crew that crew these flights. Would the service be much similiar to EI

Yes HiFly crew, service is probably not the same/ inferior product but it's better than your flight being cancelled !!
    Aer Lingus used to put a senior crew member onboard as a rep from EI on some charted out work but I don't know if it's done on short notice like this rescue operation

Locker10a wrote: »
    Yes HiFly crew, service is probably not the same/ inferior product but it's better than your flight being cancelled !!
    Aer Lingus used to put a senior crew member onboard as a rep from EI on some charted out work but I don't know if it's done on short notice like this rescue operation

They put a rep on the SNN-BOS flights which were charted to Omni this summer.

Actually how were the reviews of the service this summer? Better than last summer?

And I suppose in all fairness being down two 330's in the space of a week can't even be seen through statistics.

I'd be interested to learn the reason for FNG's rto last night, is a bird strike confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

New engine wont be in BOS until Tuesday, the engineering team that were in MCO are heading up to BOS to carry out the repairs.
    Its a confirmed RTO due to multiple bird strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

billie1b wrote: »
    New engine wont be in BOS until Tuesday, the engineering team that were in MCO are heading up to BOS to carry out the repairs.

Nothing about it on AV herald.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

Nothing about it on AV herald.

Maybe EI are trying to keep it under wraps just like they were trying for DUO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Maybe EI are trying to keep it under wraps just like they were trying for DUO

They couldn't hide this even if they tried. Would expect it to appear soon.

• Advertisement

Jesus christ. Multiple issues last October as well just as the Summer season concludes. :P

And all 3 events since last Wednesday week outside the control of the company.

:eek: (Outbound HiFly crew this evening operating the return after minimum rest...)

Delay.png

Hearing the bird strike on FNG occurred on the inbound EI139 during landing? No RTO?

:eek: (Outbound HiFly crew this evening operating the return after minimum rest...)

Delay.png

Guess it means they may be using it again tomorrow afternoon...and hopefully get crew in place for few days?

Otherwise 24 hours in BOS and more cancelled flights or hire in.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Guess it means they may be using it again tomorrow afternoon...and hopefully get crew in place for few days?

Otherwise 24 hours in BOS and more cancelled flights or hire in.

Crew taking the 139 out this evening will operate the above pictured service tonight from Boston with a near 12 hour delay after minimum rest on Sunday morning.. Another hire in tomorrow for Dublin definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

Is FNG just two weeks old?

ShanE90 wrote: »

Been flying for around 6 weeks with EI, FNH is 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

About 6 weeks now. FNH is the latest, and is only a couple of weeks old.

Would I be off the wall in saying I thought this is would be when being part of IAG became valuable. BA and Iberia surely have spare aircraft and crew's that would be cheaper than hire-in's or would I be wrong?

• Advertisement

Began commercial ops on the 11th of September!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement