Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

adam88 wrote: »
    Was she a new aircraft

LwFhkq0.jpg

Decision not made yet till it's been fully investigated. Possibility wiring could be goosed which mean it's a lengthy repair if not it'll be flown back unpressurised to Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

ILSdZcl.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Nothing new about that!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

They cancelled the DUB-BOS-DUB flights the day after the incident. I await the media reports of Boston being treated like a 2nd class airport.

• Advertisement

Tenger wrote: »
    They cancelled the DUB-BOS-DUB flights the day after the incident. I await the media reports of Boston being treated like a 2nd class airport.

Im going to guess that the SNN flights had less pax booked so were chosen based on less disruption/compensation?

BOS flights aren't constantly cancelled.

The less pax is the most likely scenario, factors could be yield and transfer pax though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

DO they ever run shuttles from SNN to DUB to accomodate passengers when the SNN flight is cancelled?
    Obviously dependent on having capacity going on the A330

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

Friend of mine is on the EI maintenance team in MCO, said he'll update me later on her condition

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

snubbleste wrote: »
    ILSdZcl.jpg?1

Ok...this is freaking me out because we are due to fly out next Wednesday 19th for 5 night family holiday :eek:

So what exactly happens if they cancel? €1500 on flights and $2000 for hotels already paid!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

xtradel wrote: »
    snubbleste wrote: »
    ILSdZcl.jpg?1

Ok...this is freaking me out because we are due to fly out next Wednesday 19th for 5 night family holiday :eek:

So what exactly happens if they cancel? 1500 on flights and $2000 for hotels already paid!
    Dont panic too much, your will most likely be rerouted through Dublin, although i would guess by next week things will be sorted out, by that time the necessary repairs will have been completed of if not they will have hired in a charter to operate the flights they are short an aircraft for

• Advertisement

Locker10a wrote: »
    Dont panic too much, your will most likely be rerouted through Dublin, although i would guess by next week things will be sorted out, by that time the necessary repairs will have been completed of if not they will have hired in a charter to operate the flights they are short an aircraft for

A million thanks for that....of course I will now hold you entirely responsible for any cancellations :D

So i recently came across this photo, I think its from a few years back;

http://www.flightglobalimages.com/airbus-a320-aer-lingus-at-dubin-airport-with-evacuation/print/1567291.html

Does anyone remember this incident ? what actually happened i couldn't find anything in my search online

A million thanks for that....of course I will now hold you entirely responsible for any cancellations :D
    Haha out of interest which flight are you booked on?

Haha out of interest which flight are you booked on?

EI-111 & EI-110 on the way back.

Cancellatons usually vary, could be Shannon-New York one day, Dublin-Chicago the next. They usually do this to avoid too much disruption on any one route.

EI111 & EI110 on the way back.

Just to fix it, don't know where the extra 0 came from.

And don't worry, you'll be taken care of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

How come EI are hiring in, when they now have an extra 2 A330's

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Cravens

Because one of their older A330s got a bit burnt in Orlando.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

http://www.flightglobalimages.com/airbus-a320-aer-lingus-at-dubin-airport-with-evacuation/print/1567291.html

Does anyone remember this incident ? what actually happened i couldn't find anything in my search online

Think that was smoke in the cabin just after pushback on a flight to Milan-Linate.

That was the funniest thing ever that morning, watched the whole thing, was on the stand next door to it. The story goes that here was about 6 pax on the aircraft, somebody put their breakfast in the oven to heat up and it started smoking, the crew panicked and told the flight deck the galley was on fire and a full evac was ordered. That was the serious part, the funny part was the Airport Fire Service making a complete show of themselves on arrival, from falling from ladders, trying to climb up the emergency slide, hosing the engine etc etc. Just madness that day.

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »
    Friend of mine is on the EI maintenance team in MCO, said he'll update me later on her condition

UPDATE : I have received updates, all I can say is that its not as bad as it looks, can't say much further as EI are trying their best to keep it out of the media, they didn't even want the pictures public, my friend has asked me not to post the info of her condition on any public forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

UPDATE : I have received updates, all I can say is that its not as bad as it looks, can't say much further as EI are trying their best to keep it out of the media, they didn't even want the pictures public, my friend has asked me not to post the info of her condition on any public forums.

EI ain't doing a very good job -

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/aer-lingus-plane-grounded-after-fire-at-orlando-airport-1.2820720

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/hurricane-matthew-aer-lingus-passengers-stuck-in-florida-following-fire-at-airport-35111856.html

Among others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

vicwatson wrote: »

EI ain't doing a very good job -

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/aer-lingus-plane-grounded-after-fire-at-orlando-airport-1.2820720

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/hurricane-matthew-aer-lingus-passengers-stuck-in-florida-following-fire-at-airport-35111856.html

Among others
    Edit: apologies, you meant not doing a good job of keeping it out of the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Unfortunately these things have ways of becoming public, especially in our instant share social media world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I know yeah, supposedly they're going mental that its as public as it is.

Why are they so bothered about the publicity? Doesn't appear to be any fault of theirs, and apart from the two unfortunate people who received burns, it's hardly such a big deal for anyone here in Ireland, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

tippman1 wrote: »
    Why are they so bothered about the publicity? Doesn't appear to be any fault of theirs, and apart from the two unfortunate people who received burns, it's hardly such a big deal for anyone here in Ireland, is it?

It's bad PR for them, even if it's not their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

This is just a big slice of bad luck. A fire over which they had no control and just before the arrival of a hurricane that closed the airport.

Safety is not in question. Everyone knows that Aer Lingus will not fly the aircraft again until it is safe so to do.

The big question, as far as PR is concerned, is how well (or otherwise) did they look after the passengers due to travel back to DUB at that time and all other passengers that have been affected since the incident by the absence of the 330 from the fleet.

Far from trying to hide the incident from the media Aer Lingus should be proudly advertising how well they did in the aftermath (assuming they did do well).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Comhrá

This reminds me of the long ago, whenever a major air accident happened overseas involving say, a DC-8 or a B727.

If there was a suspicion the cause was related to a possible malfunction of the 'plane, Aer Lingus would immediately release a statement saying that this particular aircraft type wasn't operated by Aer Lingus, just to reassure the Irish public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

I actually think Aer Lingus did pretty well keeping it quiet enough, photos were obviously doing the rounds in some circles but they weren't all over social media or forums like this until the last day or two.

There's nothing they could do about the story itself, in the world of social media these things are reported instantly but even so, it hasn't received the attention of previous incidents of much smaller scale, emergency landings have been known to warrant half a page in some Irish papers!

Hope -DUO gets all the required TLC needed and is back in the air soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement