Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

pilly wrote: »
    Anyone know if all Aer Lingus's 757's have been upgraded in Business Class? Aer Lingus agent couldn't give me a straight answer!!

Book seat 1 or 3 single seats on either side compared to 2 in other aisles. Traveled on one a few weeks back not a bad experience

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Fattes wrote: »
    Book seat 1 or 3 single seats on either side compared to 2 in other aisles. Traveled on one a few weeks back not a bad experience

Do you mean seats IN row 1 or 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Tenger wrote: »
    Do you mean seats IN row 1 or 3?

Yeah sorry my English is not great sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

https://www.flightradar24.com/EIN2535/b25b48a

EI-FNH has arrived, albeit in dark and gloomy weather conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TheCockpitGuy

Any ideas of the loads on the BDL service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭shamrocka330

Has the new A330 for Aer Lingus (EI-FNH) flown a revenue flight yet? Can't find anything online that suggests it has and I haven't seen it appear on Flightradar24?

If it hasn't flown yet does anybody know whereabouts it is?! I was at the airport twice over the weekend and didn't see it parked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Has the new A330 for Aer Lingus (EI-FNH) flown a revenue flight yet? Can't find anything online that suggests it has and I haven't seen it appear on Flightradar24?

If it hasn't flown yet does anybody know whereabouts it is?! I was at the airport twice over the weekend and didn't see it parked anyway.

Was in hanger Friday night if I can remember correctly and it's not needed to do scheduled ops yet and don't think it was due out over weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Any ideas of the loads on the BDL service?

Pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

H6,its operating EI109 on the 6th but as per usual don't be suprised if its used before that.

Now it operating 584/585 to Malaga 2mro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

EI-FNH off to Boston on the 139 after the return from Malaga tomorrow afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Thanks for the info in post 1744 re MSN 1744 bussywussy.

Saw some photos yesterday of MSN 070 parked up in DUB;
    the former EI-CRK, taking a break before continuing on to the breakers yard in the US.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Tenger wrote: »
    the former EI-CRK, taking a break before continuing on to the breakers yard in the US.

its always a sad thought of an old frame going off to be broken!!

ORD;
    8667023464_4b71fcfa3a_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

its always a sad thought of an old frame going off to be broken!!

ORD;
    8667023464_4b71fcfa3a_z.jpg

If that was Dublin, those pallets would be gone at this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

It's sad to see a photo of ORD like that when it is not exactly an old aircraft. There are many much older aircraft, like the ancient ex Ryanair 732's still happily converting fuel to noise in remote parts of the world.

All of this is in the name of progress though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

maximum12 wrote: »
    If that was Dublin, those pallets would be gone at this time of year!

Why they remove the aerlingus logos

adam88 wrote: »
    Why they remove the aerlingus logos

It's standard on any scrappage that company logos are removed/hidden so that potential customers don't get the wrong impression of the airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

It's sad to see a photo of ORD like that when it is not exactly an old aircraft. There are many much older aircraft, like the ancient ex Ryanair 732's still happily converting fuel to noise in remote parts of the world.

Short haul jets allegedly have heavier, stronger structure than long haul ones, to allow for higher cycles...so not surprising to see the short hauls outliving a medium/Long haul jet, noted for its fuel efficiency.

I'm sure they stripped all good stuff from it.

And weren't the early A330s built markedly differently to the current ones - wasn't there the story that an early EI A330 was in Toulouse for maintenance and all the airbus staff gathered round to see how things were done in the old days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Dardania wrote: »

Short haul jets allegedly have heavier, stronger structure than long haul ones, to allow for higher cycles...so not surprising to see the short hauls outliving a medium/Long haul jet, noted for its fuel efficiency.

I'm sure they stripped all good stuff from it.

And weren't the early A330s built markedly differently to the current ones - wasn't there the story that an early EI A330 was in Toulouse for maintenance and all the airbus staff gathered round to see how things were done in the old days?
    You can see someone has nabbed the cockpit... looks like all the good stuff is going to use alright

Omni air 767-300 in Dublin, looks like a fill in until EI-DUO is sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Omni air 767-300 in Dublin, looks like a fill in until EI-DUO is sorted.

It operated EI136 from BOS. As a rule these lay over at DUB to allow crew rest so I suspect it will operate a service westbound tomorrow.

29564921653_f7b296d953_c.jpgN351AX Boeing 767-3£AER by Irish251, on Flickr

125th5k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Heard it was supposed to be flown back to dublin last night whether it was or not...

Pete2k wrote: »
    Heard it was supposed to be flown back to dublin last night whether it was or not...

Didn't see it in Dublin today, EI-FNH operated ei-120 this morning and encountered severe turbulence, quite a few passengers were ill, sure who needs Disney land :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭shamrocka330

Hard to see what's on fire here, is it one of the containers?

Was there much damage to the aircraft?

Hard to see what's on fire here, is it one of the containers?

Was there much damage to the aircraft?

It's the high loader machine that caught fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Pete2k wrote: »

Why would they fly her back to Dublin? If it's a repair job and she's flyable why not send her directly to Toulouse?

I know I'd be reluctant to move her without knowing exactly what has happened to the frame. Over the Atlantic is not a good place to have a problem!

Chances are she'll be grounded for a couple more days yet while waiting for all the required checks and work to be done. Then, as said, it'll more than likely be back to Airbus for to be redone.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

I know they towed it to a hangar at mco yesterday. The talk at the airport was dat it was going to be flown passengerless back to dublin but as ye said it may well b grounded n orlando for awhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Was she a new aircraft

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement